Deathly touch and realm artefact

Archaon69

Question

Hello, looking at the new artifacts from the realms the other day I had a question with the ability of the mortisan soulreaper, deathly touch.

Aqshy artifact ability says that every natural 6 to hit turns into two hits, and the soulreaper ability says that every 6 to hit turns into two mortal wounds and the attack sequence ends.  So which rule would prevail?  Could both be used?

Thanks.

6 answers to this question

18 hours ago, Archaon69 said:

but no faqs about this.

There is a FAQ for that Question. Corerule FAQ Page 3

Q: Sometimes a dice roll will trigger an effect. For example,
a weapon might have a rule that says a hit roll of 6 causes
two hits on the target instead of 1. What happens if another
effect applies to the same roll? For example, the weapon from
the previous example might have a rule that says it inflicts
D6 mortal wounds on a hit roll of 6 and the attack sequence
ends – would I get to inflict two hits that each inflicted D6
mortal wounds?
A: When a dice roll triggers more than one effect, each
effect is triggered once. For this example, this means
that the hit roll would cause two hits, but only one of
the hits would inflict D6 mortal wounds (you would
carry out the rest of the attack procedure for the other
hit normally).

So 1 Hit would turn into 2 Mortal wounds + you get an additional hit to roll to wound for the ability  that your Attack counts as two hits.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Archaon69 said:

Hello, looking at the new artifacts from the realms the other day I had a question with the ability of the mortisan soulreaper, deathly touch.

Aqshy artifact ability says that every natural 6 to hit turns into two hits, and the soulreaper ability says that every 6 to hit turns into two mortal wounds and the attack sequence ends.  So which rule would prevail?  Could both be used?

Thanks.

The way I understand it is basically that you gain a extra hit, and that hit that generated that extra hit, basically becomes 2mortal wounds 

11 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

The way I understand it is basically that you gain a extra hit, and that hit that generated that extra hit, basically becomes 2mortal wounds 

I think the same, that you "lost" 1 hit( becomes a 2 mortal wounds) and you gain one extra hit, but no faqs about this.

35 minutes ago, Archaon69 said:

I think the same, that you "lost" 1 hit( becomes a 2 mortal wounds) and you gain one extra hit, but no faqs about this.

There is for similar effects. (Terrorgheist of Flesh Eater Courts. Malign Sorcery Sword of Judgement etc.)
These faqs always state that hits on 6s that trigger more hits never trigger additional Effekts (since the generated dice are not rolled but generated, and you have to roll a 6 in order for most effects to take hold)

Edited by JackStreicher
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, EMMachine said:

There is a FAQ for that Question. Corerule FAQ Page 3

So 1 Hit would turn into 2 Mortal wounds + you get an additional hit to roll to wound for the ability  that your Attack counts as two hits.

Oh!! Thanks so much!! Then its really nice!