The Painting Contract - August 2020

4 minutes ago, ThalmorRepresentative said:

Thanks, LuminethMage! It's been quite an effort, but I'm really excited to get these guys on the table and painted as quickly as possible!

I'm not sure I've seen any of your lumineth yet, would be curious to see what scheme you're going for!

I agree, it's hard not to be inspired when there are so many creative interpretations on the lumineth being released into the wild!

Well, you have to look no further than me for an uncreative interpretation 😅! I went with the Zaitrec scheme from the Battletome. I love that faction (it's pretty much made for me: magic, moon symbolic, mystics etc.) and I also like Zaitrec's colour scheme. Partly because it's different from the colours I used 99% of the time before (blue, white, silver). 

I've only painted Wardens so far, 27 of them (yesterday evening I started to paint my first High Warden). I'm still waiting for paint that I want to use for their weapons to arrive, and also for some basing material. I've 12 shields finished, but only 3 glued on so far (because then I realized it's better to keep them off until the base is finished, doh). 

I have a background story for them and a bit of creativity will come with the basing and the blades (mine will have Lunarmetal instead of Sunmetal), but mostly I'll stick to the "official" scheme. 

I took this photo last week, when I had "finished" around 20 of them. I'm updating my progress on Kramer's "a Tale of X online gamers" thread. 

I understand your effort 👍, and 100% agree - it's very inspiring to see people coming up with all kind of awesome interpretations of the Lumineth (and also all the rest of the faction's here). 

IMG_7798.jpg

• Like 2

I'm calling these done. Not my best paint job by any stretch, but they are finished. I'd say I'm taking a break from painting for a bit but I don't think I've done enough to constitute not being on a break already ha ha. Just not finding any fun in it at the moment, need something to interest me or get me excited about it again. There are plenty of model's I want to build though. 

20200826_134558.jpg

• Like 2

Man I fell apart this month. I had been chugging along, making great progress on my Nighthaunt, then MTG Arena finally came out on IOS and I fell back into the digital card flipping addiction hard. A few weeks later and I have now emerged from my fuzzy MTG binge and can try to finish off my Nighthaunt next month.

Edited by TheWilddog

On 7/31/2020 at 9:22 AM, Chikrit said:

Hello,

This month I want to finally do the bases of some minis to finish them off, so I'll prioritize that. But there will be some time to paint, and build. So, I pledge to:

• Paint: Spirit Torment, Guardian of Souls, Lord Executioner, 10 chainrasps (let's complete the 40 guy blob)
  • Base:
  • First bunch: a Mortis Engine, a Treelord Ancient, 10 chainrasps, a Branchwych
  • Second bunch:  Spirit Torment, Guardian of Souls, Lord Executioner, Knight of Shrouds on Steed, 10 chainrasps
  • Build: The Mortal Realms magazine shipment for this month, that should be:
  • 5 Dreadscythe Harridans, Lord Executioner, 4 Grimghast Reapers, 5 Glaivewraith Stalkers (one will be converted to a Grimghast Reaper)
  • 4 Liberators, 1 Prosecutor
  • Hopefully, the FEC special: Archregent, 3 Flayers, 20 Ghouls

The Mortal Realms issues arrived yesterday so I couldn't paint the Lord Executioner this month. Everything else is done!

Now photos. First, the Spirit Torment and the Guardian of Souls, painted and based. I even gave it a first subtle try at OSL on the guardian.

IMG-20200828-WA0015.jpg.18ea75ed2b0574f261d698981e8d14a2.jpg

Next, let's add up the just finished 40 guy blob of Chainrasps, with the Knight of Shrouds fully based now at the back

IMG-20200828-WA0012.jpg.d980691fce338229b157d1225517a581.jpg

About the basing, I'm very happy with the results. The Treelord, with some diorama-like pieces from the scrap bits box. I think it looks great!

IMG-20200828-WA0010.jpg.19883ed0a970771e025a22c8f642fdf9.jpg

IMG-20200828-WA0011.jpg.840580f606cff651639f0a81dcf8411f.jpg

The Mortis Engine, also very nice and funny to do, even tho I like the treelord's better. That zombie raising up from the grave...

IMG-20200828-WA0007.jpg.9fa4edeca7b154bd86bd414cbd28c279.jpg

I rebased a branchwych that was on a naked base. I used a piece of coal from a barbecue, because nothing looks as close to wood as wood (even charred). I liked the experiment, and the results are lovely. Good attempt at the lichens 😅

IMG-20200828-WA0009.jpg.53858df923d3a6c718362ca89671f32b.jpg

Also, I worked on "basing" the sigmarite mausoleum, for uniformity's sake. Sand and flock as the rest of the minis.

IMG-20200828-WA0008.jpg.1dc44b97169863b2b9e011c2a94982cd.jpg

And last but not least, even tho is not about painting, I put some led strips on the shelves of the Besta (Ikea) I use for storing and display (the infantry part). The insane amount of minis per shelve made it impossible for the light on the top to get to the bottom. Still a lot to paint, uh?

IMG_20200828_192031.jpg.ef42310d5373f0a9c822adab07497d9e.jpg

Very satisfied with my work this month. On to the next!!

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 3

Decided to take better photos to represent what I've done this month:

SaMEl2F.jpg

Quite happy, once lumineth release this upcoming month, going to be knee-deep in the assembly phase lol.

Still some areas to touch up, but I'm going to keep tackling the unit of 30 wardens until I get them up tabletop standard, then I'll go back and address any mistakes / details that need to be picked out. So far, that's really the crest and the gems lol.

Edited by ThalmorRepresentative
  • Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 1

45 minutes ago, ThalmorRepresentative said:

Decided to take better photos to represent what I've done this month:

SaMEl2F.jpg

Quite happy, once lumineth release this upcoming month, going to be knee-deep in the assembly phase lol.

Still some areas to touch up, but I'm going to keep tackling the unit of 30 wardens until I get them up tabletop standard, then I'll go back and address any mistakes / details that need to be picked out. So far, that's really the crest and the gems lol.

Very nice - yup, I went from - hwut, wtf 2, 3 month until they release the rest of the range, ridiculous!  - to - can I have a few more months to paint my stuff plz??? 😅

Happy assembling of all the Sentinels : ) 

• Thanks 1

@LuminethMage Thanks!

It has been a particularly grueling wait for all of us excited for lumineth 😅, hasn't it? I think they were teased to come in spring back in January?

But I'm glad the time of their release is nearly upon us. I will be assembling all of the sentinels lol, along with everything else!

Edited by ThalmorRepresentative
  • Like 1

On 8/4/2020 at 5:24 PM, KratosvonCarstein said:

My goal this august is to finish (paint and base) my converted blood knights (x5), finish painting 5 blood knights from the high elf dragon knight box, 3 Spirit Hosts, Neferata and Mannfred as Mortarchs. If I feel like it also rebase up to 40 skellies. Feeling productive so here we go!

So I managed to finish the converted blood knights at least, took way more time than I thought, but real happy with result. Did the spirit hosts aswell, supa easy models to paint! Then I digressed and bought som squigs and primed these...

IMAG0155.jpg.fa3587a49c1e76597cdb66fe41097b4b.jpg

IMAG0157.jpg.6cd73d28844be4bbf58a554b42c5932d.jpg

IMAG0158.jpg.752e20c79c27962074a642fbea7155b4.jpg

IMAG0159.jpg.f39cc402f13721278547f520b0f2685c.jpg

Edited by KratosvonCarstein
  • Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

On 8/6/2020 at 9:56 PM, fleante said:

Hi all,

Very recently joined member here. I’d like to join the pledge for this month if I may. I’m struggling along with my Idoneth Deepkin, getting ever closer to finishing my Start Collecting box. I have three Morrsair guard left, of which one is nearly finished. I’d like to pledge to finish the remaining two. Here’s the nearly finished one:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CDj1qdODKkR/?igshid=ltxgcbsggzsw

So didn’t quite stick the landing with this one. Managed to complete two eels, and basecoat the third. We’re having a baby at the end of September so my contribution to the next thread will probably be even poorer, but at least I have a good excuse.

86600C73-AEDE-45DB-8E44-03D2D9D3EABA.jpeg

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 2

16 hours ago, ThalmorRepresentative said:

@LuminethMage Thanks!

It has been a particularly grueling wait for all of us excited for lumineth 😅, hasn't it? I think they were teased to come in spring back in January?

But I'm glad the time of their release is nearly upon us. I will be assembling all of the sentinels lol, along with everything else!

I hope you sharpened your cutter : ). Has been a long time since January, you are right. But finally we have everything - and not one, but TWO exclusive set of dice lol. Happy assembling. Looking forward to seeing the rest of the army! 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, fleante said:

So didn’t quite stick the landing with this one. Managed to complete two eels, and basecoat the third. We’re having a baby at the end of September so my contribution to the next thread will probably be even poorer, but at least I have a good excuse.

86600C73-AEDE-45DB-8E44-03D2D9D3EABA.jpeg

Congrats on the child @fleante! Look forward to more Idoneth whenever you're able to come back to them 😉. Good luck!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, I AM BACK AND READY TO PAINT! Took a 2 month break and I am now back to paint, I am going to continue the dwarves of the red sun, starting with painting a rune king(?) I forget his name, should be an interesting time, as well as finishing building my beautiful ironclad.