Add 1 to Damage at 6 and MW at 6

Dukeus

Question

Hi Everyone. 

Some Artefacts add 1 to the damage value at an unmodified 6. But the weapon already does D6 MW at 6 and the attack sequence ends. 

Is it then D6+1 or is the additional 1 damage lost. 

Example: God Forged Blade in combination with the Drakesworn templar lance. 

3 answers to this question

From the FAQ: 

Q: Sometimes a dice roll will trigger an effect. For example, a weapon might have a rule that says a hit roll of 6 causes two hits on the target instead of 1. What happens if another 
effect applies to the same roll? For example, the weapon from the previous example might have a rule that says it inflicts D6 mortal wounds on a hit roll of 6 and the attack sequence ends – would I get to inflict two hits that each inflicted D6 mortal wounds?

A: When a dice roll triggers more than one effect, each effect is triggered once. For this example, this means that the hit roll would cause two hits, but only one of the hits would inflict D6 mortal wounds (you would carry out the rest of the attack procedure for the other hit normally).

The way I would interpret this (and I asked my Stormcast friend to be sure) is that even though both effects trigger, one of those effects calls for the stop of the attack sequence. So both happen, the MWs and the damage buff, but that buffed damage won't happen because the wound and save rolls will never occur.

It's true to note that when an attack generates MWs on a 6 and stops the sequence, that's an effect and not a damage modifier. And the effect is "stop and assign MW(s)." Any modifiers, then, are left hanging.

Edited by EnixLHQ