Be'lakor ability affects KOs Fly High "Move" ability?

Zplash

Question

Hi,

as the headline already states:

Does Be'lakors ability stop e.g. the Ironclad to use fly high? I know it's not a normal move but INSTEAD of a normal move... Be'lakors ability triggers for move so my friend and I stumpled over this question in our last match :)

The rest about charging shooting etc is obviously clear, also that the garrisoned units are not affected :)

Thanks for some feedback. 

3 answers to this question

6 hours ago, Zplash said:

Hi,

Does Be'lakors ability stop e.g. the Ironclad to use fly high? I know it's not a normal move but INSTEAD of a normal move... Be'lakors ability triggers for move so my friend and I stumpled over this question in our last match :)

The rest about charging shooting etc is obviously clear, also that the garrisoned units are not affected :)

"Fly High" is a set-up and not a move so any restrictions to moves would not apply.  

7 hours ago, Zplash said:

Hi,

Fly High is an ability to remove and setup. So, The dark master ability won’t effect it.

Edited by armisael
correct

5 hours ago, Zplash said:

Hi,

I play it as yes, it affects the fly high rule. Fly high is still moving, even if it is not a 'normal move'. Belakors ability simply says if they try to move, and taking a ship and putting it somewhere else counts as moving it. I understand it may not count as 'moving' as per game rules, but that's how I play it.

Also belakors ability just says when they move, not 'make a normal move' like most abilities/spells mention - if it was when a unit makes a normal move, then I would argue that it does not work, seeing as fly high is instead of a normal move.

fly high is still a type of movement  even if it is not a 'normal move', it is a movement rule replacing 'normal moves'. So instead of making a normal move, they can fly high (where they still move) thus triggering belakors ability.

Edited by Ghoooouls