New FAQs Up

1 hour ago, zilberfrid said:

So the leaked document wasn't wrong. It's nonsense, but apparently all that happened (at least for CoS).

yup, seems all the leaked pics I put up was right. I am glad :) 

this isnt a "go me" more of a "yay the source was right and I didnt post fake stuff"

I will thank my source with a beer

Edited by Chumphammer
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Poor battle wizards. I think there was certainly a host of stuff in the game more deserving of a whopping 20 point nerf than these guys, who were mostly used to pad Hallowheart lists after you already had a sorceress or two, a knight incantor and of course the ubiquitous hurricanum, all of which are better and more critical to a wizard ball.

• Sad 1

And Gotrek stayed the same. He is a negative play experience more so then Petrifex were in my opinion.

Petrifex still died, maybe Mortek guard should have been exempt from the +1 save given their ability but I really don't see why everything else had to suffer.

By contrast in every game I've played against Gotrek I've never been able to kill him. I've tried swamping him with horde units to tie him up, which doesn't take him too long to chew through and i've tried the other route of sending VLOZD + Morghasts into him for high rend, high damage attacks (which leads to disappointment as he just shrugs them off) and then spirit host for mortal wounds which he also gets a 3+ ward against! I now just refuse to play against lists with him in as I have found it to be no fun whatsover to play against. People moan about how bad Nagash was is; he's another 340 more points than the dwarf and nowhere near as survivable.

11 hours ago, NauticalSoup said:

Poor battle wizards. I think there was certainly a host of stuff in the game more deserving of a whopping 20 point nerf than these guys, who were mostly used to pad Hallowheart lists after you already had a sorceress or two, a knight incantor and of course the ubiquitous hurricanum, all of which are better and more critical to a wizard ball.

When I saw the original points FAQ leak, I was convinced they were fake because of this single change to battlemages. I'm still perplexed by it.

1 hour ago, El Syf said:

And Gotrek stayed the same. He is a negative play experience more so then Petrifex were in my opinion.

Petrifex still died, maybe Mortek guard should have been exempt from the +1 save given their ability but I really don't see why everything else had to suffer.

By contrast in every game I've played against Gotrek I've never been able to kill him. I've tried swamping him with horde units to tie him up, which doesn't take him too long to chew through and i've tried the other route of sending VLOZD + Morghasts into him for high rend, high damage attacks (which leads to disappointment as he just shrugs them off) and then spirit host for mortal wounds which he also gets a 3+ ward against! I now just refuse to play against lists with him in as I have found it to be no fun whatsover to play against. People moan about how bad Nagash was is; he's another 340 more points than the dwarf and nowhere near as survivable.

You do not kill gotrek, you just avoid him

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Apologies if I was misinformed, I've been out of the AoS loop lately. Do I understand correctly that the points for several factions were not included in the latest general's handbook? I came here looking for answers and expecting to see some outrage but I see barely a ripple on the topic.

10 minutes ago, PensivePanther said:

Apologies if I was misinformed, I've been out of the AoS loop lately. Do I understand correctly that the points for several factions were not included in the latest general's handbook? I came here looking for answers and expecting to see some outrage but I see barely a ripple on the topic.

That's correct but we've known about it for quite some time. Really, the GHB is pretty outdated and they could just update points in the app. Which they still haven't done to my knowledge (seriously what is up with the app delay it's just numbers that need to be punched in). I'm actually more upset about that.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Quasistellar said:

That's correct but we've known about it for quite some time. Really, the GHB is pretty outdated and they could just update points in the app. Which they still haven't done to my knowledge (seriously what is up with the app delay it's just numbers that need to be punched in). I'm actually more upset about that.

Wow, that's pretty frustrating. I get that they cling pretty hard to these written rules updates as a business model. The battletomes/GHB must be a strong revenue stream for them. But the consistent day one FAQs really leave a sour taste in my mouth especially for how expensive the books are.

I mean, I basically purchase the GHB for the updated points! I'm glad I didn't buy it this time, my current army is KO.

I suppose on the AoS side of the world its not such a big deal with the free warscroll builder and all. But still...

45 minutes ago, PensivePanther said:

Wow, that's pretty frustrating. I get that they cling pretty hard to these written rules updates as a business model. The battletomes/GHB must be a strong revenue stream for them. But the consistent day one FAQs really leave a sour taste in my mouth especially for how expensive the books are.

I mean, I basically purchase the GHB for the updated points! I'm glad I didn't buy it this time, my current army is KO.

I suppose on the AoS side of the world its not such a big deal with the free warscroll builder and all. But still...

I didn't get the GHB this year either. I just didn't see a point to it.

I'd really prefer to see them moving away from points updates in the GHB entirely. The Errata updates are honestly way more convenient.

Then the GHB could focus entirely on updates to the Three Ways to Play, giving new narrative stuff like the sky battles, and defining the rules and missions for competitive play for that year.

• Like 9

46 minutes ago, Marcvs said:

I was on the fence too for a while, but then I could buy it for 13€ on the app so ended up buying for the convenience

I got it just for the matched play updates. I went half a year without the GHB one and it pretty much ruined a few games when I didn’t know what I was doing but my opponent did. I think I would just buy a matched play update, but right now I do kinda feel like a sucker for buying the core gaming book....

Edited by Acid_Nine

58 minutes ago, Kadeton said:

I'd really prefer to see them moving away from points updates in the GHB entirely. The Errata updates are honestly way more convenient.

Then the GHB could focus entirely on updates to the Three Ways to Play, giving new narrative stuff like the sky battles, and defining the rules and missions for competitive play for that year.

Move away from points, yes, BUT! Use the same space for warscroll updates, because that's where a lot of the real balance change is needed *cough Stormcast cough*.

That would definitely be way more useful than points that we can get on the app (IF IT EVER GETS UPDATED)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tropical Ghost General said:

So the leak was spot on, but also apparently these FAQs were date stamped to around a month or so ago, according to someone who is a tech wizard and was able to see that kind of info (well above my knowledge level of computers). So what was the reason for not releasing them at the same time as the main book?

Probably manpower. 40K is the big priority right now, it probably ended up in a pipeline somewhere and nobody looked at it again until whatever more important thing they were working on was capped off.

10 hours ago, NauticalSoup said:

Probably manpower. 40K is the big priority right now, it probably ended up in a pipeline somewhere and nobody looked at it again until whatever more important thing they were working on was capped off.

Are you serious? Manpower? Their company is huge - Updating the digital PDFs on their website shouldnt take days. It feels like a conscious decision not to do it but I really dont see what they gain from it.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, El Syf said:

That's all very well and good until he rocks up at an objective and wipes everything out.

If he really was as broken as you suggest, dont you think more competitive lists would field him?

It is exactly how you deal with Gotrek - Ignore him and focus on the other objectives. It is effectively 1500v2000 at that point.

• Thanks 1