Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Yeled

GHB 2020 Points - Digital vs. Physical Differences

Recommended Posts

Apologies if this issue is known already and it's been widely discussed...

I was reading along to points changes in my physical GHB 2020 while listening to The Honest Wargammer Podcast's review. They were working off the digital copy, and as they went through each army list they kept skipping over points changes I thought were relevant in the book. For a while I thought they were glossing over things in the interest of time, but after they reported no points changes to Alarielle (a 60 point drop) and the Black Coach (a 40 point drop) and a few other units I got suspicious.

Are the points in the digital and physical versions of the GHB 2020 different? Did the physical version change a lot more than the digital? Or am I just imagining things? It seems to me that people with the digital copy are working off different numbers than the physical copy. Can anyone confirm?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Yeled said:

Apologies if this issue is known already and it's been widely discussed...

I was reading along to points changes in my physical GHB 2020 while listening to The Honest Wargammer Podcast's review. They were working off the digital copy, and as they went through each army list they kept skipping over points changes I thought were relevant in the book. For a while I thought they were glossing over things in the interest of time, but after they reported no points changes to Alarielle (a 60 point drop) and the Black Coach (a 40 point drop) and a few other units I got suspicious.

Are the points in the digital and physical versions of the GHB 2020 different? Did the physical version change a lot more than the digital? Or am I just imagining things? It seems to me that people with the digital copy are working off different numbers than the physical copy. Can anyone confirm?

It should be the same numbers.

the only difference is that the digital version, comes in 1Booklet, instead of the two you get for the physical copy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree they should be the same. But are they? All I know is that what I was hearing reported was different from what I was reading. Maybe I'm wrong and they were just ignoring things they thought irrelevant, but it really seemed they were missing things.

Anyone have the digital copy and want to compare numbers?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Yeled said:

I agree they should be the same. But are they? All I know is that what I was hearing reported was different from what I was reading. Maybe I'm wrong and they were just ignoring things they thought irrelevant, but it really seemed they were missing things.

Anyone have the digital copy and want to compare numbers?

Sure. You could send me the contents page and I will check it with my digiuversion. Though I expect they‘re the same.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Yeled said:

but after they reported no points changes to Alarielle (a 60 point drop) and the Black Coach (a 40 point drop) and a few other units I got suspicious.

I think you might be confusing drops which happened previously (like, in the December 2019 FAQ) with changes in the GHB20200. Alarielle notably went down with the former but was unchanged in the latter

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Marcvs said:

I think you might be confusing drops which happened previously (like, in the December 2019 FAQ) with changes in the GHB20200. Alarielle notably went down with the former but was unchanged in the latter

Yup,  this is it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah, gotcha. That makes sense. I was forgetting to account for the 2019 FAQ changes.

Thanks all. Nothing to see here. Carry on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...