Qs re: Pitched Battle 2020 Scenery Warscrolls

Sception

Question

The GHB 2020 has a new chart for primary and secondary terrain, but I'm having trouble finding some of the warscrolls for particular pieces of non-unique terrain on the app or gw's website, including "Azyrite Townscape Edifice", "Azyrite Townscape Refuge", "Wyldwood (I could find the faction specific 'Awakened Wyldwood', but not the regular type), "Warcry Statue Head", "Warcry Barricades", and "Warcry Ruin".

Where should I look for these warscrolls?

Additionally, for "unique" terrain that has existing warscrolls, like citadel woods, Watchtowers, Arcane Ruins and the like, is the die roll for a random scenery effect 'instead of' or 'in addition to' the rules on that scenery's warscroll?

4 answers to this question

On 7/24/2020 at 11:04 AM, RedMax said:

They have been released in english only in the "download section" from WC (without warning anyone):

https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/BMMBbubmS62KjIJH.pdf

Thank you.

In addition the question regarding whether 'unique' scenery with warscrolls use their warscroll rules in addition to the random effect has been answered by the GHB designer's commentary here:  https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/66ywBB8J1iRGh4t9.pdf

Q: The scenery rules for Pitched Battles (2020) instruct you to randomly generate a scenery rule for unique terrain features, even if they have a warscroll. Does this mean I use both the warscroll abilities and a randomly generated scenery rule for that unique terrain feature?
A: No, use the randomly generated scenery rule for that unique terrain feature only.

Not the answer I wanted to hear.  Particularly combined with the above pdf of rules for the official scenery, where most of the named terrain is particularly drab and uninteresting both visually and mechanically, and when the expanded lists of random terrain effects are padded out with a lot more drab filler effects, such that most of the time terrain isn't actually doing anything at all.  Disappointing, certainly.  And if they were only going to keep one generic woods terrain, imo it should have been the citadel woods, as you'd then be able to visual distinguish it from the faction specific version of the Wyldwood.

But whatever, an answer is still an answer, even if it isn't one that I personally like.

I don’t think every piece of scenery on those tables have warscrolls. The Warcry ones are from the Warcry Starter Set, and there are no terrain warscrolls on the product page. Conversely, the new rules state that scenery rules must be generated for every piece of unique scenery, even if it has a warscroll. So does that mean, an eternity stair would have both a scenery rule and the warscroll rules? It seems very odd. 

I’m sorry, I didn’t see your last question and I have the very same one.

Edited by Angela
Didn’t see the last question.

2 hours ago, Sception said:

Not the answer I wanted to hear.  Particularly combined with the above pdf of rules for the official scenery, where most of the named terrain is particularly drab and uninteresting both visually and mechanically

I agree with you.

I can undestand they removed for matched play rules of the Chaos Dreadlord (in v1) that was completly unbalanced/game breaker depending of faction of if you have terrain in your side (or near obj). even in narative play I didnt used them (so impacting that they should have cost in point and be treaten as you treat faction terrain...).

But this terrain warscroll set was looking to me absolutly "neutral" and almost taste-less. So this is a surprise to me that they are going this way.