Age of sigmar app

1 minute ago, Darin Paul said:

I bought the gh through the app and only see the points in the book.  Is there a way to see point values when you add units?  I tried to restore purchases but it had no effect.

Add units to My Battle, click Profile

GW has been so full of win lately that it's actually surprising to think that people who bought the physical product have to pay again for the same content to see it digitally.

C'mon GW, you're sooooo close to erasing years of resentment from your customers...take the leap...figure out how to add the digital content to the app when we buy the books!

53 minutes ago, Darin Paul said:

Digital download included with physical books needs to happen.

until they can find a way to lock it to per purchase per person it won't happen. 

people already gut the GW market by buying limited edition stuff an tripling the prices on ebay. 

with finances not reliable due to the world's current economic position i don't expect you'll see any change for a long time  

I don't see this gutting GW.  Buying all of the limited run items ensures the inventory is all sold.  I'd agree that the fans might be getting screwed but they could limit x per household.  Just seal the book and place a one time code for app download.  It wasn't long ago digital GW book even existed.  I'd say anything is possible with this new direction they are headed.

17 hours ago, Arkiham said:

until they can find a way to lock it to per purchase per person it won't happen. 

people already gut the GW market by buying limited edition stuff an tripling the prices on ebay. 

with finances not reliable due to the world's current economic position i don't expect you'll see any change for a long time  

Almost every college book I purchased had some sort of one use key to access online content.  Not to mention every PC video game you buy these days.

Unique download keys are quite common these days.  I'm not sure what the technological and cash investments are like to enable something of that sort, but the process is absolutely available.

So, I buy the book and sell the digital content. Or the other way around.

Doesn't solve the problem.

Pc games are different, you still need the access code to play it, the cd is worthless as you can't access the content unless you have the code or crack the cd.

30 minutes ago, Arkiham said:

So, I buy the book and sell the digital content. Or the other way around.

Doesn't solve the problem.

Pc games are different, you still need the access code to play it, the cd is worthless as you can't access the content unless you have the code or crack the cd.

I hate to say it, because I'm not one to normally complain about GW pricing...  But with the cost of their books, this is surely not an issue.  Not to mention that e books cost a small fraction of what they tend to charge for them.

Not to mention, if one was of a mind to do it, I'm sure many of their books are pirated on torrent sites anyway.  

It's not a matter of piracy, or even me and a buddy teaming up to buy a book, and then him taking the digital, while I keep the print.  

It's a matter of good customer service.  I personally believe in paying for goods and services, and I prefer print to digital.  However, I find digital convenient at work, or while traveling.  I'm going to buy the print version of any book I've decided I'm willing to pay for.  And will likely never purchase a digital version of one of their books, if for no other reason than I will not pay for the same thing twice.  But, if you package them together, you are telling your customer that you care about them, and that you are more concerned with making their gaming experience the best in can be, that nets you loyalty, and distinction in the gaming community.  Those things can't be paid for, but cost almost nothing, since again, once you produce an ebook, distributing as many copies as you want carries no additional cost. (Other than hosting costs.)

Hell, you could offer a second purchase option on the hard copies, i.e., text without digital key X dollars, with digital key X dollars + 5 or 10 bucks, and I'd pay the extra cash and think I got a deal.  And GW side it's pure profit, since every purchase is only balanced against the cost of the putting the book in digital format, and hosting costs.

Archived