Heya! Bro got me hookeed, aspiring gitz player.

Dingding123

Howdy! 

I have about 500pts worth of gitz models set up so far with about 300 more still boxed.  Really into Squig Herd specifically - I just love that unit and everything about it.  Skragrott is also cool, and so are Bonesplitterz like Savage Boarboys which I'm tickled I can run as allies as they were hands-down my favorite models when I walked into a GW store for the first time.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/9/2020 at 9:49 PM, Dingding123 said:

Howdy! 

I have about 500pts worth of gitz models set up so far with about 300 more still boxed.  Really into Squig Herd specifically - I just love that unit and everything about it.  Skragrott is also cool, and so are Bonesplitterz like Savage Boarboys which I'm tickled I can run as allies as they were hands-down my favorite models when I walked into a GW store for the first time.  

My two cents, probably don't worry too much about allies unless you have a 2,000 point list of your chosen faction, as that's the point value most pick up games are played at. Battle traits are very strong, and allies are tricky to use a lot of the time because they don't get 'em. They also usually can't benefit from buffs or spells because those things tend to be faction locked.

If you like Bonesplitterz they're a great army in a very solid book, and also run great in a Big Waaagh! Savage Orruks are quite strung and have a lot of good synergies.

1 hour ago, NauticalSoup said:

My two cents, probably don't worry too much about allies unless you have a 2,000 point list of your chosen faction, as that's the point value most pick up games are played at. Battle traits are very strong, and allies are tricky to use a lot of the time because they don't get 'em. They also usually can't benefit from buffs or spells because those things tend to be faction locked.

If you like Bonesplitterz they're a great army in a very solid book, and also run great in a Big Waaagh! Savage Orruks are quite strung and have a lot of good synergies.

Well to go into more detail, Savage Boarboys/Maniaks have a foot of constant movement plus a 2" bonus to charge, whereas Gitz have no cavalry to speak of and their fastest units only have 2d6 or a conditional 3d6 movement.  They'd be great to contest points with that aren't affected by Da Bad Moon as well while most of the army can stay within it, theoretically at least.  The best Battle Trait they miss out on as allies is the Bonesplitterz' save on an unconditional 6 a la Nighthaunt, but that doesn't really seem like a dealbreaker as they still retain their daunting number of attacks per model.

2 minutes ago, Dingding123 said:

Well to go into more detail, Savage Boarboys/Maniaks have a foot of constant movement plus a 2" bonus to charge, whereas Gitz have no cavalry to speak of and their fastest units only have 2d6 or a conditional 3d6 movement.  They'd be great to contest points with that aren't affected by Da Bad Moon as well while most of the army can stay within it, theoretically at least.  The best Battle Trait they miss out on as allies is the Bonesplitterz' save on an unconditional 6 a la Nighthaunt, but that doesn't really seem like a dealbreaker as they still retain their daunting number of attacks per model.

Actually for Savage Boar Boys/Morboys it's Icebonez that really makes the unit tick.

But im general by the numbers Savage Orruks miss a lot out of a Bonesplitterz army because of the lack of buff spells and wardokks. The base statline is pretty meh.

On 7/10/2020 at 3:49 AM, Dingding123 said:

Howdy! 

Nice, don’t forget to blame that bro for all financial issues in the future ;) 

enjoy the hobby and i personally highly recommend a paint blog or joining in a painting thread to help you avoid the dreaded pile of unpainted plastic :) 

there still hope for you, haha

• Like 1