The Anvil of Apotheosis - Post your creation

32 minutes ago, gronnelg said:

Is there like wascroll builder of some kind that you use

Yes. have a look at the 1st message of this post. The 2 "easiest" option are listed.

There is also people making really good looking stuff but with photo editors tools (so requering far lot more work).

I'm (hopefully) having a narrative game soon with a small group of friends, and this model was created to lead my narrative forces. While the model itself isn't finished, I think the warscroll is and I just wanted to get people's feedback on it to make sure it'd be fun to play and play against, as well as narratively fitting.

Most of the players are quite new so while I think this Warscroll would be fine in a normal game, it's been a while since I've played against a new player and I wouldn't want to leave a bad taste in their mouths. 

20200730_104740.jpg

Screenshot_20200729-083745_Chrome.jpg

• Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 3

• 2 weeks later...

AE34E3E5-4BD7-4742-B4C2-4728AF2F8E03.jpeg

034127E1-81B4-4606-B239-AF25E806E8E8.jpeg

D1594EDC-5232-4DA3-939B-B816D5BE6075.jpeg

14739252-3FD7-4874-8353-753ABC8858EB.jpeg

BB8DF1A4-13EB-4342-83C9-02676F57B2E7.jpeg

The app I used cut off the keywords. Most of them are self explanatory, but just for clarity:

Mind-Flayer Deathmage: Death, Wizard, Deathmage

Mortal Harvester: Khorne, Mortal, Priest

Bloodthirsty Vampire: Vampire, Wizard, Death

Iron Saboteur: Slaves to Darkness, Mortal (although I want to make him Legion Azgorh of course)

Gutter Fiend: Nurgle, Daemon

Edited by eekamouse
  • Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

Hi Hi there I am pretty new still to this WarHammer AoS but I did just buy the new generals hand book and I created something for my Ossiarch Bonereapers I just wanted to share see if there anything I miss I plan making a custom model for this character and probably only use it in openplay with friend and I plan on using this hero with the Ivory host I feel like they would benefit from it a lot.

Capture.PNG

Edited by Sodelai
  • Like 3

On 8/14/2020 at 3:12 AM, Thalassic Monstrosity said:

If I want to give a character two axes, do they simply have two separate entries?

Hi, step 3 you have to choice your hero loadout:

-1 single 1 hand weapon

-2x 1 hand weapon

-1 single 1 hand weapon and 1 shield

-1 single 2 hand weapon

(... and then the loadout combo with ranged weapon)

If your caracter have 2x single hand axe, you'll have 2 mele weapon entre, one for each axe. You will have to pay 1 DP for each of them for base state.

Then in step 6, where you'll be able to pick improvements, if you pick stuff improving, for exemple, damage of 1 of your mele weapon, you'll be able to improve stats from only 1 of your axe with this (single) improvement. Obliviously, you could take (and pay) 2 time this improvement to upgrade once each of your 2 axe if you want them to have same stats.

I hope this bring clarity to you!

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, RedMax said:

Hi, step 3 you have to choice your hero loadout:

-1 single 1 hand weapon

-2x 1 hand weapon

-1 single 1 hand weapon and 1 shield

-1 single 2 hand weapon

(... and then the loadout combo with ranged weapon)

If your caracter have 2x single hand axe, you'll have 2 mele weapon entre, one for each axe. You will have to pay 1 DP for each of them for base state.

Then in step 6, where you'll be able to pick improvements, if you pick stuff improving, for exemple, damage of 1 of your mele weapon, you'll be able to improve stats from only 1 of your axe with this (single) improvement. Obliviously, you could take (and pay) 2 time this improvement to upgrade once each of your 2 axe if you want them to have same stats.

I hope this bring clarity to you!

Thank you so much! I was thinking that migbt be the case and I'm glad to get it cleared up!

5 hours ago, RedMax said:

Really cool stuff man, I love some of the convertion !

be careful on the Gutter Fiend, there is still lot of Khorne sign ;)

Thanks! Ya... I should probably just mark it Slaves to Darkness to be honest. I can't tell if it's a Khorne who went Nurgle or vice versa. It's basically a Khorne champion body with Blightking weapon and Nurgle head... and some Genestealer Cults arms :D

I've had this miniature lying around since buying the Collegiate Arcana set to give my pre-Sacrosanct SCE a much needed magic option. I also wanted to make my own hero using the Anvil. So after a bit of research I found the Order of Chained Flame in the Cities of Sigmar battletome and I thought it was perfect for this guy to be a Spell Hunter from the Order. As he was Aqshyan as well as a spell hunter I felt he needed to be equally competent in battle as he was in magic so I gave his weapons an upgrade as well as a ward save to make him last a little longer. I gave him a black wash to his skin to make him look charred from his years around fire hunting rogue predatory spells. He came in at 15 DP or 150 points for matched play.

IMG-2773.jpg

aqshyan-spell-hunter-of-the-order-of-the-chained-flame.jpg

Edited by valenswift
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, valenswift said:

I gave him a black was to his skin to make him look charred

Nice skin, he really look having spend lot of time over hot places :)

I love idea to add missile weapon that are magic (this definitively make sens to me) on top of spellcasting. definitively something that I'll do as well.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

So for the past several months I have been working on a custom Vampire Khorne Army (Vampire Chaos Lord on Karkadrak, Vampire Chaos Lord on foot, Vampire Chaos Knights, etc) and my latest creation will serve "officially" as a  Vampire Chaos Lord on Manticore. However for games where I can use Anvil of Apotheosis Heroes, then this will be "Duntov Von Corvent on Corvaul" I am still working on the base but the model itself is nearly complete. 

DuntovOnCorvaul.png.9b476dcf7012d0513d7e474d8966e7b5.png20200904_113647.jpg.19abff84e1d46b4dc75cdce47de07f10.jpg20200904_182602.jpg.5662399460b5b052904e68be2f9e5416.jpg

20200904_182527.jpg

Edited by BaylorCorvette
  • Like 5

Rules as written, can a Custom Ogor Priest Hero take an additional prayer from the Battletome and use it? The wording has me wondering, but it should work just like a Huskard on TT.

“You can choose or roll for one Everwinter prayer from the following table for each BEASTCLAW RAIDERS PRIEST in an Ogor Mawtribes army.”

• 3 weeks later...

This is my first of a new "faction" in death that uses stormcast models with nighthaunt bits added on. based off the concept of Pharus Thaum.

Nagash has quite a few stormcast eternal souls but couldnt figure out wht to do with them until he reforged Pharus Thaum as per Arkhan's suggestions. this is my first attempt at this faction. 

i got rid of fly in favor of 4 DP because it didnt make sense for this character to have fly.

what do you think?

svengald-the-secondborn-of-the-deathforged.jpg.7683084ca7ab74571ae86c3026e5c778.jpg

My lady of chaos, who will have options to be mounted atop a hellcannon or on foot. Still trying to work out how I want to build her warscroll. She'll need a little cleaning up when she's dried but hopefully all should look pretty cool in the end :)

(EDIT): Made some changes so edited this to avoid double post, she will be removed from the rocks when all greenstuff is dried to be able to be put on her mount or on foot.

20201002_150211.jpg

Edited by Lightbox
  • Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

24 minutes ago, Greybeard86 said:

Hi folks! I was looking into it to create a warscroll for a dwarf king on throne of power. It does seem though that mounts are limited to beasts? Any inspiration / tips would be appreciated.

I did something like that before (Thorgrim warscroll):

thorgrim-grudgebear_CUSTOM-01.jpg.9d9422ac54085fe78c997efb1c1f36a6.jpg

• LOVE IT! 2

• 3 months later...

Here's a Tzeentch hero I want to use for the narrative campaign I'm writing at the moment. I have also ordered some extra bits to covert one of the Varanguard knights in order to have a custom miniature. The cost of the hero is 20DP (or 200 points).

morax__0027nar__002c-chosen-of-tzeentch.jpg.6ab0dc098ab4433c98c3c2513462047c.jpg

Edited by Painbringer

Another warscroll for an old friend. Really dificult to translate to AoS  but whatever. Just for 190 points.
Note: I reduced the armor to 4+ because 3+ seems to much for someone tha doens't have big armor nor shield, but 5+ seems to low for a hero.

Malagor_CUSTOM-190.jpg.fd935e86065a191744235bf48a93374d.jpg

Edited by Beliman
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

The beastmen are really hard to build.
I can't interact with the ambush rule from Beasts of Chaos book using  just the Anvil, so I have given  him  +1hit CA for other friendly dudes.
He should have  3+save but that means another 20 points and his stats can't be build unless I use 150 points for that.
I give him -1 rend for his  5 Str and 3+ hit for his over average  WS. Frenzy is not juciy enough his gimmick but it's the only thing that it fits.

This Khazrak comes at 220 points but I will try to look after I already finish 

Khazrak_CUSTOM-220.jpg

• Like 2