The Anvil of Apotheosis - Post your creation

25 minutes ago, dekay said:

Is anyone else disappointed that there's no real method of building a character on non-monstrous mount? The closest thing to it is buying all the speed upgrades you possibly can and a minor beast to simulate the mount's attacks, but it's pretty ridiculously expensive. I know that game is moving away from those, but there are still some left (Vampire Lord, Scar Veteran, Terradon Chief, Skullmaster even).

Not sure if I understood what you are looking for. If you don't want any mount, just ignore that page. If you want a horse, wolf or something like that, there is a Mount option (between the minor beast and the gargantuan).

18 minutes ago, Azamar said:

There’s a mounted beast option between minor beast and monstrous beast?

6 minutes ago, Beliman said:

Not sure if I understood what you are looking for. If you don't want any mount, just ignore that page. If you want a horse, wolf or something like that, there is a Mount option (between the minor beast and the gargantuan).

The mounted beast is something on a dracoline / karkadrak level (+2 wounds, low speed, multiple attack profiles) We lack option for a cold one/drakespawn/horse type mount. More base speed, less attacks, less wounds. It matters especially for CoS characters, where anything more than 6 wounds is prohibited from using retinue rules and being an adjutant.

Everything I try to build now, cavalry hero wise either lags behind all my cavalry or has to pay almost double the mount's cost extra for speed upgrades to keep up. And it's blocked from using faction's character rules anyway. It's a bit disappointing.

Edited by dekay
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, dekay said:

The mounted beast is something on a dracoline / karkadrak level (+2 wounds, low speed, multiple attack profiles) We lack option for a cold one/drakespawn/horse type mount. More base speed, less attacks, less wounds. It matters especially for CoS characters, where anything more than 6 wounds is prohibited from using retinue rules and being an adjutant.

Didn't see that!

The builder is a bit generic for my taste but we could see some refined rules in the future. 

53 minutes ago, dekay said:

Is anyone else disappointed that there's no real method of building a character on non-monstrous mount? The closest thing to it is buying all the speed upgrades you possibly can and a minor beast to simulate the mount's attacks, but it's pretty ridiculously expensive. I know that game is moving away from those, but there are still some left (Vampire Lord, Scar Veteran, Terradon Chief, Skullmaster even).

Yeah for sure. If you dont take a mount you're paying a lot more. I was hoping to create some cool vamps on foot, and you definitely can, but for around 300 points for a 7 wound hero on foot with like 5 attacks? 

After looking through it all I think 10x DP for a hero on a gargantuan is fine. But i think 8x is more suited for the rest.

53 minutes ago, dekay said:

Yeah for sure. If you dont take a mount you're paying a lot more. I was hoping to create some cool vamps on foot, and you definitely can, but for around 300 points for a 7 wound hero on foot with like 5 attacks? 

After looking through it all I think 10x DP for a hero on a gargantuan is fine. But i think 8x is more suited for the rest.

7 minutes ago, Lightbox said:

Ta-da! First warscroll draft & finished paintjob

20200711_180125.jpg

Screenshot_20200711-181246_Samsung Internet.jpg

Edit: Totally realised 7 bravery is pretty low for a DoK hero. Might have to drop one of my stats a little to up it.

Can you make a more closer photo of the ehad of the miniature ? I love the conversion!!!

12 minutes ago, Beliman said:

Can you make a more closer photo of the ehad of the miniature ? I love the conversion!!!

Thank you ^_^ She was fun to make and paint. (Also ignore the magnet i was testing strength through base)[upload butchered the quality a tad, sorry. Only difficult to see bits are the small red lines coming out of her eyes as this pic makes them a little fuzzy]

20200711_183925.jpg

Edited by Lightbox
  • Like 1

I think people are going to be unhappy about Ethereal. Expect them to tighten the wording up, because one of the staff made undead models has ethereal and a shield and the description says the shield is only for show and useless because it is ethereal. 

Also, the Skaven heroes will likely have to be FAQ’d because they don’t have <skaventide> as a keyword, like all Skaven get. Fairly important. 

I’ll show off my Skavenbomb model later; Squealroy Warpkin. He’s a slingshot suicide bomb to be dropped in the opponents army. Expect him to do more damage than a tooled up Corruptor with the Fourfold Blade in a Legions army. Also 400pts...

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

Here is my first one. Definitively not "performance optimised".

So here is the Cities of Sigmar War priest, a 11 destiny point warscoll for the 2 mini : the Warpriest and his mini gryph-hound. I've used SCE Celestral balista rules template the the 2 mini for 1 warscroll constrain.

Sorry, warscroll is in French (didnt have opportunity yet to look at ENG equivalent), but in 2 line: human (4dp), with single hand hammer (1dp), priest (faith shield), minor beast companion (6dp).

WarPriest.png.6705076aed0a76930ace17b4cbdb18af.png

• Like 1

Here are some more Skaven I made for my moulder and Skryre armies. The idea was to strike a balance between the models I had lying around unused, narrative, and usefulness... The moulder units bring magic and command abilities to my army along with bravery boosts. The skryre unit boosts the stormfiends and prevent them from fleeing on a 6 bravery roll...

sentient-stormfiend-160pts.PNG.c408cecfd9d4c894e62fa3b6c1e82ce2.PNG

beastmaster-80pts.PNG.e4597b529bd6ae82f46439f4da12abee.PNG

mutated-packmaster.PNG.3d0cdc08c3cb55002a11796264f9a3a0.PNG

Edited by Num
the points on the warscrolls are wrong: one must add 30pts on each for the Skaven ancestry
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, rosa said:

What do I take for Sylvaneth?

Hi,

there is an Ancestries "Sylvaneth" in the liste (cost 4 DP) that grant Order, Sylvaneth, Heros keyword. Between SCE and Skink in my version of the book (FR).

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Lord of the Isle said:

Love Walach!

as everyone should

2 hours ago, RedMax said:

Man, you raised the narative level.

Now I have the feeling that I have to restart warscroll I'm working on to match the standard!

thanks man, gonna roll this little guy in place of my usual 6 vargheists