The Anvil of Apotheosis - Post your creation

15 hours ago, Baron Klatz said:

Anyone else giddy to see what the extent of the weapon and mount options are?

I will try to explain the whole process:

1. You chose a race with it's own base stats and keywords (basic ones, don't expect to see Skyfarer or Runefather). It gives you the HERO keyword too.
  2. After that, you chose generic  weapons with some restrictions (2-handed vs 1 hand loadouts) . There are two ranged options (9" and 18") and you can equip a shield too (1 hand).
  3. Last point before the juicy part is to chose if your Hero will have CA (two generic ones), a Mage (with some basic spells) and an Acolyte (priest) with 2 prayers. It costs 0 DP btw!
  4. At this point you chose the beast/mount/whatever. There are 3 types: The companion (dogs, birds, etc...), the mount and the Gargantuan. All beasts/mounts increase your hero's wounds by X and the Mount and the Gargantuan beast gives you more movement. The last one give your hero a table of wounds too and  all of them has Claws and Jaws as extra attacks (diferent profiles between them).
  5. If you chose to take one of them, there is a table with some abilities or stats (more dmg, more hit, the beast can fly, the beast has a tail attack, etc...) that cost some DP. Here is where you can change your mount to be what you like.
  6. Last part of the process is exactly the same as point 5 but focused on your hero. You can buy ethereal, more armor,  more movement, Totem keyword, etc...

There are some restrictions here and there, like [attribute stats] can only be stacked 3 times and [abilities] can't stack. Hope it helps!

Edited by Beliman
  • Thanks 2

Oh! Many thanks for detailing all those options! The wound table's an awesome touch.

So I guess to get the effect for a Sylvaneth bow on my Stormcast I should get the 18" weapon and either use mage or acolyte to get some realm of life stuff in. Maybe try to squeeze in a quiver spite as a companion if not just an accessory.

Lots to plan with this. :D

• Subscriber

Can't wait to get hold of my book to go through this.

I've got a half finished Ironjawz Megaboss on Gore-grunta that I can hopefully make rules for and give me a reason to crack on and finish him. 

Sounds like a kitbashers dream rule!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mandzak-Miniatures said:

But it doesn’t matter, this feature will be gone by the next ghb and the ploy to get people to spend money and make crazy things they won’t be able to later use will have worked until it’s replaced by something else

A bit late to the party but are you aware that open and narrative content is never invalidated by next edition of GHB? It can be invalidated by new edition of the whole game if the core rules change enough but not by a gaming supplement?

Oh, and the Ethereal conundrum? Just don't use it on creatures that shouldn't have it. There is old proverb "Uti non abuti", basically 'use, don't overuse". Of course there can be some justifications - your hero is a ghost or some ulguan assassin etc., but if you just slap Ethereal (or any other ability) it takes out a lot of fun.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 7/9/2020 at 12:43 PM, Beliman said:

First try!!

Grumpy Dude with Custom Dirigible Suit!! 400 points full fo rage!!

grumpy-dude-with-custom-dirigible-suit (1).jpg

How do you get this to work? I've tried multiple times to use the rune brush warscroll builder and it looks nothing like yours. When I do the description, it will have the title 'description' where yours is, but then the actual description of the unit goes to where your abilities and command ability are??

Same goes for when typing abilities etc. As well.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

3 hours ago, Ghoooouls said:

How do you get this to work? I've tried multiple times to use the rune brush warscroll builder and it looks nothing like yours. When I do the description, it will have the title 'description' where yours is, but then the actual description of the unit goes to where your abilities and command ability are??

Same goes for when typing abilities etc. As well.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You need to write more things. The Warscroll has three columns and the text flows between them. I think that there is some sort of balance too (they try to distribute all text between the columns, so all of them has the same length).

You can use some tricks like creating more empty lines and put a dot in the last one to move your writting to another column, like this (under TRAIT description):

white-death.jpg

For maximum awesomeness, paint it like a laboratory-mouse (290 points).

Edited by Beliman
  • Like 3

Ah after checking all the leaks I'm not too excited for this anymore :(

My plans for a duel wield vampire lord are over, there seems to be very little point in having 1 handed weapons at all. 3 attacks 4s 3s no rend damage 1 is pathetic. In fact it's worse than a grave guard. The 2 handed axe is 3 attacks 4s 2s rend 2 damage 2 for only a point extra. 

can easily spend 2 points to add 1 to hit on the axe and its deadly already. To get a sword anywhere near that its 2 points to add to hit, 2 more to add rend and 2 more to add damage. This means even if i left them at damage 1 I would be spending 10 points just on swords to get 6 attacks total, 3s 3s rend 1 damage 1. still worse than the great axe in most situations.

yeah you can add a shield but honestly who cares when you can pay for armour anyway? Why waste points upgrading an utter garbage weapon just so you can have a shield? May as well just go with the great axe and upgrade the armour 3 times. Way cheaper.

seems like this is geared towards two extremes. Massive monster riding guys and little rubbish buffing heroes with no inbetween unless you want to seriously gimp yourself.

Edited by Ghoooouls
  • Confused 1

25 minutes ago, Ghoooouls said:

Ah after checking all the leaks I'm not too excited for this anymore :(

My plans for a duel wield vampire lord are over, there seems to be very little point in having 1 handed weapons at all. 3 attacks 4s 3s no rend damage 1 is pathetic. In fact it's worse than a grave guard. The 2 handed axe is 3 attacks 4s 2s rend 2 damage 2 for only a point extra. 

can easily spend 2 points to add 1 to hit on the axe and its deadly already. To get a sword anywhere near that its 2 points to add to hit, 2 more to add rend and 2 more to add damage. This means even if i left them at damage 1 I would be spending 10 points just on swords to get 6 attacks total, 3s 3s rend 1 damage 1. still worse than the great axe in most situations.

yeah you can add a shield but honestly who cares when you can pay for armour anyway? Why waste points upgrading an utter garbage weapon just so you can have a shield? May as well just go with the great axe and upgrade the armour 3 times. Way cheaper.

seems like this is geared towards two extremes. Massive monster riding guys and little rubbish buffing heroes with no inbetween unless you want to seriously gimp yourself.

It's narrative though, just pick whatever weapon you like the stats of and call it whatever you want. Just look at  @Beliman above, he took a bow and statted it out how he liked and then called it a 'Doom-Rifle'. You can make a note of what the weapon is like in the above example, but the flavour text and design is all whatever you want it to be. This is just a tool for giving tabletop stats and rules for that cool character you've always dreamed of, it's not a strict by the book WYSIWYG matched play template. 

Edited by Grimrock
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Grimrock said:

It's narrative though, just pick whatever weapon you like the stats of and call it whatever you want. Just look at  @Beliman above, he took a bow and statted it out how he liked and then called it a 'Doom-Rifle'. You can make a note of what the weapon is like in the above example, but the flavour text and design is all whatever you want it to be. This is just a tool for giving tabletop stats and rules for that cool character you've always dreamed of, it's not a strict by the book WYSIWYG matched play template. 

Good point!

42 minutes ago, Beliman said:

Another Warscroll (I think I'm addicted) for narrative play.
(350 points) Tempest's Eyes (now Karaz_a_Karak) General with Trait and Artifact. Some people will remember him.

C&C welcome!

thorgrim-grudgebear.jpg

This is what I'm most interested in with the anvil. I'd love to remake some old school AoS Lord's and rock them on the table. Grimgore anyone?

• Like 1

My daughter's of khaine hero, still thinking up story details but will probably have her as a priestess of sorts and likely the leader of my temple or someone high up within at the least (need to remind myself of the heirarchical lore) Will work out a warscroll tomorrow with the full book (or ebook pdf) in front of me. Still deciding whether I want a bestial companion or not, though the model might be busy enough without one.received_412375486388918.jpeg.0d64b56452c2e6a9ba661d838b822ad8.jpegreceived_229453501354727.jpeg.2ca3ca9b1e2e89eec6fae0131d42da49.jpegreceived_206822517268241.jpeg.271af898ae54398e45928de332864b53.jpeg

• Like 6

Wow, the amount of „Ethereal“ Heroes that are going to walk the Realms is disturbing, seems as if Nagash won. 

Also, you are creating a „UNIQUE“ Hero as stated in the describtion - so no command traits or artifacts for custom Heroes. 

I will 100% not allow this tool in my games, as it seems to lead to mostly 400p ethereal powerhouses. 

Internet already took the fun out of it.

Edit: My gaming group already planned a „narrative game“ using those rules. Guess what. Each player has a 400p max wounds, max save, -3 rend 6 damage ethereal Hero.

I think I‘ll pass on this one. 

Edited by Phasteon
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

35 minutes ago, Phasteon said:

Wow, the amount of „Ethereal“ Heroes that are going to walk the Realms is disturbing, seems as if Nagash won. 

Also, you are creating a „UNIQUE“ Hero as stated in the describtion - so no command traits or artifacts for custom Heroes. 

I will 100% not allow this tool in my games, as it seems to lead to mostly 400p ethereal powerhouses. 

Edit: My gaming group already planned a „narrative game“ using those rules. Guess what. Each player has a 400p max wounds, max save, -3 rend 6 damage ethereal Hero.

They can only be used in matched play with the opponents permission. So just agree no ethereal, max 2 rend, 3 damage or somwthing. Or 200p max spend. That also applies to other game types. Is it really "fun" if everyone has an identical 400pt wrecking ball? No. We have seen some cool creative examples already and I am looking fwd to grabbing my book today and having a go.  

39 minutes ago, Phasteon said:

It may need some degree of framework depending on the narrative being depicted, be it a ban list on the part of whoever is overseeing the narrative, or DP limitations based on the "scale" of the game, when you're trying to depict something small scale in the setting 15-20 DP is plenty, if you're trying to play a game of gods and titans 40DP is suited etc.

33 minutes ago, Phasteon said:

That's not a problem with rules. That's a problem with people. They don't have any narrative in minds, they just want to crush other people's armies and take all the fun for themselves. Or  they are simply so accustomed to Matched Play mentality, the only thing they can think about is to  make their hero live longer on the battlefield and be able to defeat anything. In Matched Play it's normal but in narrative it doesn't make any sense if your Khorne berserker is untouchable. 

• Like 9

16 minutes ago, Laststand said:

I disagree.  For me, the "...create unique character..." in the description is just a way to say "personalized characters".

Your warscroll will not have anything like " X is a named character", and that should allow traits and artifacts. Of course you can play as you like and just copy&paste a description of any named character, but that's up to you.

Imho, seems pointless to take away some of the fun unless you are a powergamer that just want to create a mini-gotrek for 400 points with your army keyword stamped on his/her warscroll. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Beliman said:

I disagree.  For me, the "...create unique character..." in the description is just a way to say "personalized characters".

Your warscroll will not have anything like " X is a named character", and that should allow traits and artifacts. Of course you can play as you like and just copy&paste a description of any named character, but that's up to you.

Imho, seems pointless to take away some of the fun unless you are a powergamer that just want to create a mini-gotrek for 400 points with your army keyword stamped on his/her warscroll. 

Exactly this. 

Is anyone else disappointed that there's no real method of building a character on non-monstrous mount? The closest thing to it is buying all the speed upgrades you possibly can and a minor beast to simulate the mount's attacks, but it's pretty ridiculously expensive. I know that game is moving away from those, but there are still some left (Vampire Lord, Scar Veteran, Terradon Chief, Skullmaster even).

14 minutes ago, dekay said:

Is anyone else disappointed that there's no real method of building a character on non-monstrous mount? The closest thing to it is buying all the speed upgrades you possibly can and a minor beast to simulate the mount's attacks, but it's pretty ridiculously expensive. I know that game is moving away from those, but there are still some left (Vampire Lord, Scar Veteran, Terradon Chief, Skullmaster even).

There’s a mounted beast option between minor beast and monstrous beast?

This was my first attempt, comes out to 38 DP (380 points) total. Idea is basically a monstrous steed of Slaanesh with a particularly nasty Herald up top - not designed really for 'power-gaming', but much like you'd expect of a giant steed of Slaanesh, it's super fast and moderately scary. I've considered changing a few things (i.e. the stats for Soultearer) to try to be in line with other Heralds of Slaanesh as much as possible, and made sure to avoid anything that wouldn't fit thematically (i.e. Ethereal is a complete no-go.) Conversion idea is one I saw someone post the other day; a Troglodon with the front arms removed, with a Herald up top. That Warscroll creator tool is really fantastic! 

syrena__002c-reaper-of-the-ten-paradises.jpg

Edited by Jaskier
  • Like 3