The best one of everything army?

As someone who loves painting but hates repetition, I was wondering what the best army composed of entirely unique min sized units is. 

For example one eidolon, one king and one each of the other idk units comes to just under 2000 points. Can anyone do better?

The rules- alt builds from the same kit are ok, but no units larger than the min size.

The army should be 2000 points matched play legal. 

Seraphon would do well with a fun range of dinosaurs and are probably the strongest competitive list you could make with those constraints.

Ogors I really like for this. Tons of Internal balance so almost everything is usuable, and things are expensive enough that you can choose not to use something if you want. 

Legion of chaos ascendant could make a cool mixed demon army and a lot of the best units are single modules which would be fine with just minimum size

I think you'll do a lot better from a play perspective if you allow yourself a few nonminsized units units though. But if you are truly doing it for the modeling, which it seems like you are , I would actually just ingore our advice and paint what you want. Much more fun and seems to fit your goals better.

• Like 2

Chaos, there is a new book that lets you use all 4 chaos armies in one if you wanted too. Skaven as well has a huge selection, some of the battalion are large units but you can also get some that are small units.  Cities has the large single range with the most you can take, a lot of 5mans a couple single man units, etc..

• Like 1

If you don't mind one duplicate, ossiarch bonereapers are solid as msu 🙂 (one duplicate because they only have 2 battleline options 😉 )

but my army is - leige kavalos, soulmason, boneshaper, soul reaper, 20 mortek guard, 10 mortek guard, 5 deathriders, 4 morghast harbingers, harvester, crawler.

🙂

If you make one exception for a single unit of 20 thunderers KO can do well for your demands. 
admiral - 140

khemist - 90

navigator - 100
ironclad - 510

20 thunderers - 480 

frigate - 250 

10 arkanauts - 90 

dirigible endrineer - 220 

3 endrinriggers - 100

Iron sky command - 130

total: 2110 

but you could easily drop 5 thunderers and still have a very potent army. But I reckon this might just fit soon, based on the leaks. (Which I don’t have at hand to check)

Ogors may have an almost unmatched number of different kits that are interesting in minimum size, which for them means 1-3 models. But if you’re just in it for the painting, they do get repetitive. Skin, leather, fur.

Edited by Beastmaster

Tough if you don't want to use the some kit more than once, otherwise I'd say thunderlizard seraphon, but it does really need 2 bastilladons to work with the faction and battalion... they are fun to paint though, so if you can manage it, I'd say Seraphon as they have one of the largest model ranges right now, so you should not really get bored with 1 thing. They also take really well to contrast paint, so you can get some decent results rather quickly.

I‘d say just for painting, Idoneth may be a good idea. Tropical fish come in any colour and pattern imaginable, and it’s possible to use any paint scheme you want without them looking weird. 

In fact, that’s the main reason why I’m currently pondering to get some eels. 😄

Edited by Beastmaster
  • Like 1