So, I've begun a project dedicated to collecting every single GA: Chaos army, with heroes and generals based off of friends/people I know. And since I have way more female friends than male, it lead me down the rabbithole of, "Why would only the leaders of an army be female?" which goes back to the main topic, what would be the best way to go about converting the masses of Chaos to include women? A ton of the models are already fine, chaos warriors, knights, and blood warriors are all clad in heavy plate already, so there's really not much to distinguish male from female. The maggotkin are corrupted to high heaven, and daemons are well, daemons. So far, for the DoT, I've been planning on using Lumineth models, with some conversions they look like they'd fit right into a secret cult in a City of Sigmar. And for Slaanesh, one of thr friends I'm basing a KoS on collects DoK irl, so I thought I'd be a fun tie in. Currently thinking of marauder horsemen and blood reavers, and possibly the beastmen(?) I've never really done conversions before, nor do I have much experience outside of GW, so I'm mainly looking at simple conversions using GW bits, but I'm open to any help available!

Thanks in advance y'all 

Edited by Seraphina of the Seraphim

Nice project! 🙂 Have you looked at the WarCry Chaos warbands at all? Most of those have at least a few female models, and could perhaps work well as Marauders (on foot at least), Blood Reavers etc.

For heavily armoured models like Chaos Warriors some head swaps using unhelmeted female heads could reinforce the impression of more females generally (if you like the punk aesthetic Forge World have a set of Escher heads that might be worth considering -  https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-IE/Escher-Heads-Upgrade-Set-2019 - unfortunately they’re a bit Cyberpunk but it’s AoS so it could still work!). There are probably loads of non-GW female head sets out there too but I’m not so familiar with those.

Hero-wise you might be sorted already but FWIW I’ve thought before that the Chaos Lord on Karkadrak could look great with a female head as well!

@Tommy Aye, thanks for the advice! I'll admit, I don't know why I haven't thought of using the Warcry warbands. Spire Tyrants seem like a good fit for marauders/marauder horsemen, and a kitbash with the Untamed Beasts might be a good way to diversify Bloodreavers. Do you happen to know if the Spire Tyrants' torsos would fit on marauder horsemen's legs? 

Yeah, my warriors have had a fair mix of heads, although now I'm thinking about non human warriors... And I'm always looking for ideas for heroes, unfortunately my Karkadrak Lord has already had their helmet glued on, but who knows what's under there 😛

Edited by Seraphina of the Seraphim