The Painting Contract - July 2020

Hello folks and welcome to the Painting Contract for July 2020!

If you don't know the rules they are:

Each month you post an amount of models that you agree to try to paint/build/convert/sculpt. This can be terrain or models for Age Of Sigmar, Warcry, Blood Bowl, Blitz Bowl, Warhammer Underworlds, Warhammer Quest Silver Tower / Shadows Over Hammerhal, or Gorechosen.

On the 28th of the month the contract closes and you can then post your progress images so that they can be critiqued, shared and boasted about. It is a great way to get involved in the community and to get inspiration.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone share their progress!

Enjoy!

@Mohojoe@TheOtherJosh& special thanks to @Kramer

• Like 1

Hi all

This month I'll be eagerly waiting the next shipment of Mortal Realms collection, because some very cool models are coming, and supposedly also the FEC extra comes this month in Spain.

So, for now, I'll pledge to fully paint:

• 5 chainrasps
  • The third and last building of the mausoleum (Garden of Morr) and the statue. Also, complete all four bases.
  • Some walls of that, also

Also, I'll work on some bases for the last minis painted:

• Mortis Engine
  • Treelord Ancient
  • Some chainrasps

And lastly, I'll build lots of models that I hope are coming in Mortal Realms, and paint some. I cannot be more precise, because I don't know if 2 or 4 issues will be sent. If 4 are sent, I'll get 5 Harridans, 1 Spirit Torment, 1 KoSoS, 1 Guardian of souls, 1 lord arcanum on gryph and 1 Evocator Prime. And the FEC!

If I need to complete, I'll build, prime and paint up to 10 more chainrasps to finish the 40 model blob.

I'm eager for this month's work!

• Like 2

Haven't done much painting in the last month, so I think a pledge is in order to get things moving! 

1. Pusgoyle Blightlords (2), just primed

2. Putrid Blightkings (4), about 50% done

Stretch target of starting a unit of bretonnian bowmen with some Nurgle conversions (still need to be based and primed)

• Like 1

Definitely doing: 
- Remaining highlights and basing on last months challenge
- Converting and painting 5 hunters (if my bits arrive on time)
- Painting 2 Raptors

Stretch:
- Any work done on my Stonehorn is a bonus. Trying to keep real focussed until I finish all my Stormcast.  

Edited by Kramer

For this month, I have a Start Collecting Box of Tzeentch Daemons (primed and partially painted), 2 boxes of Blue Horrors, and  Lord of Change. Fortunately I've painted all these things before so I know what I'm doing. That frees up next month for something new!

This will be my first time doing this but I need a kick up the bum to make me get on with painting. I'm going to try my Bloodbowl Ogres and Bloodbowl Skaven teams. They have been built and primed since March but I'm making very slow progress. I've only managed to paint my Lizardmen and Dark Elves since then. I would still have my Humans and Orcs to paint after that. 

Due to several reasons, last months contract was surprisingly an abject and total failure so this is my pledge:

1. Finish that Skull Altar

2. Slaughterpriest #2

3. Wrath Axe

4. 1-5 Kavalos Deathriders (depending if they get here or not)

And maybe a Mortisan Boneshaper and/or Gothizarr Harvester

We’ll see how it goes

I did finish the body and throne on my 'droth last month! I can see some RL stuff on the horizon coming hard and fast for me this month, so I'll only pledge one 'droth rider (the Runefather, more precisely) for July. And we'll see where we go from there (ideally, I'll be able to do a few tests on old HE models for my Lumineth).

5 hours ago, Rodiger said:

This will be my first time doing this but I need a kick up the bum to make me get on with painting. I'm going to try my Bloodbowl Ogres and Bloodbowl Skaven teams. They have been built and primed since March but I'm making very slow progress. I've only managed to paint my Lizardmen and Dark Elves since then. I would still have my Humans and Orcs to paint after that. 

🦵💥  👖 

• Haha 1