Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi guys,

As I totally love the fluff of neave Blacktalon I've bought her and now want to build an army around her.

What is best way to go about this?

I've a mix of warrior chamber and sacrosacnt chamber currently as  well as some hunters. Happy to pick a few more models up if required.

only the faithful

Hi,
I used to play Neave in a fun Vanguard Chamber Army. She is such a great dynamic model. The idea was to get the most out of her “Blacktalon Shadowhammers” Battalion. With +1 to hit and +5”move in the hero phase. But the battalion seems to not be valid anymore. 
Thus making her imho useless. Especially if you consider building an army around her - there are no synergies. I would rather add her as a regular Zephyros to an army and give her an artefact (Eg. sword of judgement: Hero Killer) Its also 20pts cheaper.

22 minutes ago, Milano said:

. I would rather add her as a regular Zephyros to an army and give her an artefact (Eg. sword of judgement: Hero Killer) Its also 20pts cheaper.

But probably gone in ghb 2020

@BryJDee, I love the model as well. 
but making Her much more than a 5 wound hero hunter is difficult. 

some things that might help do that. 
- knight heraldor gives run and charge. 
- PRIEST stormcast can teleport her through the translocation prayer. 
- Palladors of course to run in the slipstream of.

something out of the box. Have you thought about living cities?

That way you keep the her narrative really going 😁

that way you can move, shoot, command ability move, charge. With a heraldor you can add a run in there as well. 

add a knight Azyros, (or was it a Venetor in the stories?🤔) that synergies well with the shooting units in cities as well. 

you can get a branchwraith in there as well, just like the story. Add a tree lord ancient so it can summon a wild wood, then the branxhwraith can add 10 dryads every turn as well. 

Maybe even convert the cities unit to be a bit more barbaric. Big beetles as demogryph knights. 

all in all, I do agree with Milano, that it’s impossible to make her a true  Powerhouse. 
but man can you make a true to the story army. 🔥

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

You could drop her in with Gavriel Sureheart, you can't shoot, but you're guaranteed a charge with 8 attacks at 2 damage each. Not convinced it works better than dropping evocators instead, unless you are lacking points. 

Alternative is using a knight-heraldor to allow her to run + shoot + charge, but effective threat range is only ~18'. 

Windrider seems like a trap to build around as she can't melee the round she comes in. 

• Thanks 1

You want to pair her with the vanguard palladors since she can ride their special move.   You want to make sure to put a pallador body in between her and whatever you are aiming to melee, so she doesn't get attacked first, then let her counter attack

• Thanks 1