Survey about Gitmob Grots.

DestructionFranz

I have 60 gitmob with bows and 60 with melee.  I got as far as rebasing 80 of them before their demise.  I would love to see them return and the occasional reference to the Scuttlers keeps the hope alive.  Maybe one day, but I'm not dwelling on it.  If they do return, I hope the Snotlings return with them  - I rebased mine on to 8 50mm rounds.  My Ironjawz are the children of my Orcs and Goblins.

• LOVE IT! 1

I think there is sadly no chance of gitmob returning. At least in the form of classic gitmob. 

There is probably room for another gobbo faction but classic orcs and goblins are dead.

Grotbag scuttlers, grotbag scoopers, grotbag chicken riders. A wacky concept army like gloomspite will be the next goblin army. If there is another 

1 hour ago, Icegoat said:

I think there is sadly no chance of gitmob returning. At least in the form of classic gitmob. 

There is probably room for another gobbo faction but classic orcs and goblins are dead.

Grotbag scuttlers, grotbag scoopers, grotbag chicken riders. A wacky concept army like gloomspite will be the next goblin army. If there is another 

I'll be happy with Grotbag Chicken Riders.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Icegoat said:

Weirdly in the faq of December 2019 appeared the size of the bases of Gitmob Grots. 

Another clue is that there is a Shadespire band with Gitmob Grots Wolf Riders. 

Are they coming back in 2020? 

• Like 2

Yeah the Shadespire warband is the main thing that gives me hope.

I think there's a chance we'll get a "Savage Tribes" army at some point, and I'd love to see reimagined Gitmob artillery as part of that.  New Doom Divers with a step change in design, similar to the Screaming Skull Catapult becoming the Mortek Crawler (or the Black Coach before that).

At least, I really hope there's a chance!  

I do hope so!! 

I loved the snippet of lore that came with Rippas Snarlfangs about how they view Gorkamorka as the sun compared to their cave dwelling kin and the bad moon. And those models are awesome! 

I'd imagine them being a little less weedy than Glooms, kinda the Ironjawz equivalent of Grots with a heavy focus on war machines, beasts of war, traps, and raider style hit and run tactics. 

I could see the much talked about "Grotbag Scuttlers" becoming some kind of spiritual successor though. Seems to be the design direction of AoS.

Put some Grots on some beastlly feral bat or vulture creatures for air calvary and throw in some ramshackle sky vessels for good measure. 

That Rippas warband has got some really cool aesthetics going on fo sho though!

Edited by Vasshpit
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, PlasticCraic said:

I think there's a chance we'll get a "Savage Tribes" army at some point, and I'd love to see reimagined Gitmob artillery as part of that.  New Doom Divers with a steppe change in design, similar to the Screaming Skull Catapult becoming the Mortek Crawler (or the Black Coach before that).

Fixed that for you.

But seriously, I’d be all-in on a faction of nomadic raider grots riding wolves and other such beasts with their artillery in tow. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Nezzhil said:

Gitmob returns in the GHB20

Praise the Sun!

My bet on gitmob returning would be on another goblin book with gitmob as a subfaction. Gloomspite was all about subterranean and nocturnal goblins (with spiderfang). I imagine we'd get a goblin book featuring both Gitmob (worshipping the sun of Hysh) and Grotback scuttlers, then possibly a "Little Waaagh!" allegiance as well. It would be a bit similar to lumineth, with one half the book capturing nostalgia with gitmob, and the other half being something new.

Realistically, there's no reason why I would ever tell someone legends units aren't allowed. They have points, and they're almost all mediocre in some way. It feels a bit arbitrary even, to say well they have points but they're also not allowed in matched play...

As it stands, 60 gitmob grots are actually pretty decent.

It's weird that they returned: it felt like a very deliberate exclusion in the last GHB given an FAQ removed some legacy Gitmob stuff like the Gitboss. If it was just a mistake, it's weird that they ran with it instead of correcting it.
I really hoped they were just removed to avoid an FAQ for conflicting unit names: Gitmob Grots -> Wolf Riders and Grotbag Sunclans -> Wolf Riders, or something. Shame, but I think a Gitmob expansion is bound to happen eventually, just maybe restricted to a Gloomspite subfaction. 

• Like 1