Warcry Terrain & Stuff

Clanger

Not sure this is the best part of the forum for this but I've recently completed the Warcry Starter set of terrain and the Chaos Beasts that come with it. 

I copied some of the painting technique found in the video below, but using some slightly different paints but all done with rattlecans, drybrushing and some contrast paints. The wooden sections I managed to do mostly with a spray can too.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Pkg3XcO8Z8

Quite happy with the final effect, happy enough that I bought the Shattered Stormvault with I intend to paint in a very similar style. Hopefully between the 2 boxes I will have enough terrain for an AoS or 40k table as well.

warcry 1.jpg

warcry 2.jpg

warcry 3.jpg

Edited by Clanger
  • Like 9
  • LOVE IT! 4

• 5 months later...
On 12/21/2020 at 11:22 AM, Clanger said:

Painted up a shattered Stormvault a while ago as well. Seemed to paint up quickly with drybrushing and contrast paints. I got to experiment with fluorescent paints for the flames. 

20200923_174247.jpg

20200923_174303.jpg

20200923_174711.jpg

20200923_174702.jpg

20200923_175016.jpg

It looks so cinematic with your nighthaunt. 

• Like 1

• Clanger changed the title to Warcry Terrain & Stuff

God, i started the hobby in June last year and i only managed to paint 3000k of khorne bloodbound and 16 Iron Golems .. i feel so underwhelmed by the amount of scenery and warbands i have to paint and i want others AOS armies too. And i started painting cursed city too ! You must have a nice feeling of accomplishment with those nicely painted warbands and scenery ! 

Scenery is quite intimidating to start but surprisingly quick to finish. Always happy with the effort/reward ratio for it. Actually looking forward to getting to play a game on it at some point, still haven't managed a single game of Warcry.

A 3k army is a pretty impressive feat in that time.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Those look awesome!

Quick question regarding the Shattered Stormvault. I'm in the middle of assembling one of them. Did you glue the columns onto the "reversed stepped" plinths? Looking at the cards, the plinth & columns can be set up in different spots on the platforms ... so I assume plinth shouldn't be glued to the platforms, but the columns are always on top of the plinths.

The columns look good by themselves, however, so it would be more versatile to not glue the columns and plinths together ... but I'm worried it might make it too fiddly and easy to knock over.