Any way that an SE army can win Seraphon in games?

Aeonotakist

Just recently an experienced Seraphon player use traditional Thunderquake in Starborne to fight 2000 SE + 2000 Sylvaneth combination. The Seraphone got Engine of God, some Bastiladon and some Salamander. SE is traditional Heldenhammer with Raptors. Finally it turned out Seraphon got 1100pts remaining and SE +Sylvaneth only have about 600 pts on table.

I just wonder, is there any clue on how can a SE army beat Seraphon like that? I see there is a huge gap that cannot even be fulfilled by tactics and list building.

58 minutes ago, Aeonotakist said:

Just recently an experienced Seraphon player use traditional Thunderquake in Starborne to fight 2000 SE + 2000 Sylvaneth combination. The Seraphone got Engine of God, some Bastiladon and some Salamander. SE is traditional Heldenhammer with Raptors. Finally it turned out Seraphon got 1100pts remaining and SE +Sylvaneth only have about 600 pts on table.

I just wonder, is there any clue on how can a SE army beat Seraphon like that? I see there is a huge gap that cannot even be fulfilled by tactics and list building.

Seraphon seem to be very strong at the moment (speaking on the basis of TTS results, of course), but it's hard to tell without knowing the compositions of the various armies etc. Can you identify the main issues that you encountered?

8 hours ago, Aeonotakist said:

Welcome to Stormcast Eternals.  

Make yourself at home, and enjoy the vast selection of units that are awesome at pillow fighting. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 6
  • Sad 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 6/17/2020 at 2:09 PM, Gecktron said:

Was this a 4000p Seraphon vs 2000p SCE+2000p Sylvaneth battle or 2000p Seraphon vs 2000p Slyvaneth/SCE?

Sorry I lost my account while ago... It was an 2000p vs 2000p SCE and 2000p Sylvaneth. I agree the list of SE+Syl army is quite old style (SE uses Hammer of Sigmar heavy Sequitor army and Syl with heavy Sythe Hunters) bu the result was still astonishing to see...

The Seraphon is a heavy Salamadar list with Dragon Tail alligence.

Played against sepharon yesterday. 2000 points skyborne slayers into an monster list supported by a slan. I oneshotted his engine and bastilidon turn 1. Thought it was nice till the salamander and slann starting to unleash hell upon me. Underestimated these salamanders bigtime. Even in melee they hit like a truck. As sce i dont see we got this amount of punishment on any of are models. 

I’m not really a Stormcast player, nor have I played against a seraphons army yet, (so please be forgiving, if my comment isn’t to your likings).

Having had a good look through the battletome of the seraphons, They are probably the most toxic casters and buffers in the game.

Most of their units don’t in particularly have any great warscroll on their own, but with the allegiance ability and other buffing aspects, they get pretty ridiculous.

Still most of their units aren’t that cheap and will mostly take a ton of space, that would be needed for bigger horde units to take and hold objective.

which will us

usually resolve with a seraphon player, having the minimum of 30 (or 60if the unit size was changed) skinks.

against seraphons your best bet is probably to spam a ton of bodies that can hold objective.

with Stormcast, this might be limited to a 100 Liberators and a hero or 2 for 200points.

other options are definitely also a possibility, but since I’m more of a skaven , rather then a elitish Stormcast player, my knowledge is basically limited to mostly hordes.

On 7/17/2020 at 3:22 PM, Aeonotakist said:

Sorry I lost my account while ago... It was an 2000p vs 2000p SCE and 2000p Sylvaneth. I agree the list of SE+Syl army is quite old style (SE uses Hammer of Sigmar heavy Sequitor army and Syl with heavy Sythe Hunters) bu the result was still astonishing to see...

The Seraphon is a heavy Salamadar list with Dragon Tail alligence.

So Searphon ARE very powerful right now, especially if they spam salamanders (I had the pleasure of facing 3 blocks of 12 in a 1250pts tournament lol) but I still struggle to imagine how 2000 pts can win vs 4000. What was the turn structure? Did the seraphon player get to play two times per battleround?

Not knowing how it went, the only thing I can point out is the need to learn how to screen effectively to have a fighting chance vs salamanders. Their range is only 12" so a screen 3.5"around your important stuff will keep them safe. If you get to chose, let Seraphon go first so that they can't have a double turn. If they hit your screens you can now at least hit the salamander with the good stuff (you would have a 7" charge with the sequitors). As it was said, they are still strong in melee and they even get a 4+ save (yeah, the same as heroes from ages past covereed in a god-forged armour) but at least you can try and do something. They are somewhat vulnerable to battleshock if they don't have heroes babysitting (they shouldn't if they are teleported) since they will lose skink handlers quite fast to protect the salamanders. If they are NOT teleported, screening is less important and you have to calculate precisely their threat range, which starts at 20", and increases in the sub-allegiance which gives skinks bonus move on first turn and can be increased more with abilities giving run and charge. So calculate this, deploy outside this range and have them go first (if you can choose), then at least you get to read the table and decide what you can do

On 7/18/2020 at 4:25 PM, Skreech Verminking said:

I’m not really a Stormcast player, nor have I played against a seraphons army yet, (so please be forgiving, if my comment isn’t to your likings).

Having had a good look through the battletome of the seraphons, They are probably the most toxic casters and buffers in the game.

Most of their units don’t in particularly have any great warscroll on their own, but with the allegiance ability and other buffing aspects, they get pretty ridiculous.

Still most of their units aren’t that cheap and will mostly take a ton of space, that would be needed for bigger horde units to take and hold objective.

which will us

usually resolve with a seraphon player, having the minimum of 30 (or 60if the unit size was changed) skinks.

against seraphons your best bet is probably to spam a ton of bodies that can hold objective.

with Stormcast, this might be limited to a 100 Liberators and a hero or 2 for 200points.

other options are definitely also a possibility, but since I’m more of a skaven , rather then a elitish Stormcast player, my knowledge is basically limited to mostly hordes.

No, they do have salamader that is super on profile. Shooting + melee can easily eliminate sequitor at the same point level. Also it is not easy to body them as skinks are so easy to summon and easily outnumber SE models.

On 7/18/2020 at 6:02 PM, Marcvs said:

So Searphon ARE very powerful right now, especially if they spam salamanders (I had the pleasure of facing 3 blocks of 12 in a 1250pts tournament lol) but I still struggle to imagine how 2000 pts can win vs 4000. What was the turn structure? Did the seraphon player get to play two times per battleround?

Not knowing how it went, the only thing I can point out is the need to learn how to screen effectively to have a fighting chance vs salamanders. Their range is only 12" so a screen 3.5"around your important stuff will keep them safe. If you get to chose, let Seraphon go first so that they can't have a double turn. If they hit your screens you can now at least hit the salamander with the good stuff (you would have a 7" charge with the sequitors). As it was said, they are still strong in melee and they even get a 4+ save (yeah, the same as heroes from ages past covereed in a god-forged armour) but at least you can try and do something. They are somewhat vulnerable to battleshock if they don't have heroes babysitting (they shouldn't if they are teleported) since they will lose skink handlers quite fast to protect the salamanders. If they are NOT teleported, screening is less important and you have to calculate precisely their threat range, which starts at 20", and increases in the sub-allegiance which gives skinks bonus move on first turn and can be increased more with abilities giving run and charge. So calculate this, deploy outside this range and have them go first (if you can choose), then at least you get to read the table and decide what you can do

It is just standard turn which Seraphon only move once per turn. I heard the biggest problem is about summon and screening while almost invulnerable basalidon come into play. They only get 9 Salamander in 2000 list.