BLM challenge

N@g@sh

Hello everybody, due to recent events and terrible death of George Floyd, I decided to dedicate a model to the Black Lives Matter campaign. I chose a banner bearer from my skeletons to dedicate, because that's the only army I have, and I painted his banner with the Black Lives Matter symbol on it.

P1040841.JPG.83f0580d57f3d988a68312344d6b279a.JPG

Now the problem is that I am terrible at freehanding, but there are people out there who are absolute masters at it, and should probably copyright the while concept since they basically own it. So I invite all of you to participate in this fun challenge, and pick a banner bearer from your army, and dedicate it to Black Lives Matter. You won't win anything, it's just for fun. So here is the rest of my model.

P1040846.JPG.0be3e1e3185fb75511d9a4b1b03e9b05.JPG

There I did BLM on his shield, that stands for Black Lives Matter as I am sure you all know.

Here is the whole model, which isn't done, but the freehanding is.

P1040850.JPG.ecc6373ba500df9c545e13a8998ecabb.JPG

I also tried to make their bone colour more like a black person's skin tone, compared to my other skellies, I know it's not technically correct, but it's just for fun really. 

P1040852.JPG.9ca7a154547de1152ab7620b9a04bb13.JPG

Go on, have a go, we all have a banner bearer somewhere, support the people, and paint a beautiful mini. I can't wait to see yours!

I would like to say that I would like there to be only a little political discussion if any, as I know that the hobby is for many people an escape from real life.

Anyway, just try painting the banner, you can't do much worse than me, and you might as well have a go.

• Like 3

I won’t be painting a banner myself but fair play for using your models to make make this statement.  All these things help to make a difference - no matter how small they might be by themselves they all add up to something bigger.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tommy said:

I won’t be painting a banner myself but fair play for using your models to make make this statement.  All these things help to make a difference - no matter how small they might be by themselves they all add up to something bigger.

Of course, I do not wish to encroach the banner painting on you, but I am glad you like the idea.

Have a lovely day