Is "The Boundless Hunt" Khorne Battalion still legal in matched play?

BaylorCorvette

Question

I've done a bit of searching online and cannot find a clear cut answer. I got approval from my TO for the tournament I'm playing in next week to use the battalion since it has a pitched battle profile with points. However, I'd like to get a more concrete answer if this Battalion is still legal for matched play. It isn't listed in GHB 2019, however I assume it is treated like the Battalions with point values that are published outside of the Battletomes, like the ones in White Dwarf, etc. that are still legal to use in matched play. In additon, I was using the army builder on the warhammer community site and it lists the battalion as usable at 130 pts.

When talking to one of the tournament organizers I had said that GHB 2019 said that only "units" listed in GHB 2019 could be used in Matched Play. However a Battalion isn't a "unit" and since The Boundless Hunt is comprised of all legal and valid units and the Battalion has a pitched battle profile and points, he agreed it would be legal for play.

The battalion was published in the "Wrath and Rapture" box set booklet that came with Khorne daemons and Slaanesh daemons. It is 130 pts and consists of the following units (all of which are still legal and have current warscrolls)

-Karanak

-1 unit of Bloodletters

-1 unit of Bloodcrushers

-1 unit of Flesh Hounds

Edited by BaylorCorvette

1 answer to this question

As long it has points it is legal for matched play, but if in doubt (you already did that) talk to you tournament organizers. In a game in the store or with friends you can always ask them if they are okay with that, but as before, it has a point value.