CP tied to game size

I don't know how 40K works at all and I have a limited experience of AoS too but if there was a generic CP system, would that take away another element of difference between armies?

It seems that there are some armies that have more access to CP's, some less, some armies that use a lot, some less and the same for summoning too. Isn't it this variation that makes for the interesting games? Doesn't that breed the tweaking of rosters and load-outs?

The more that abilities and so on become generic, the more the armies are too.

• Like 1

It's a horrbile idea for AoS (unless they rebuild whole system), some armies need CPs a lot (for example Orruk Warclans, FEC) and they make  alot of effort list building to get access to CPs as using CAs is integral to how such army plays. On the other hand for example Deepkin do not need much CPs as they don't have much CAs to build your lists around. Giving a lot of CPs to everybody would outbalance all CAs heavy armies. 

And I like that variety in AoS, if every army needs a lot of CAs it will be more boring for several reasons.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, EMMachine said:

I haven't seen all abilities (even though I should have most of the books, but focus myself on AoS lore at the moment) but I would actually say no. They have heroes that give additional points at the start of the game and they have Abilities that let regenerate CP with a dice roll when using a stratagem.

Sorry, should have been clearer I was talking about 9th Ed. 

"But there’s more! Not only do you start the battle with more Command points, but in each of your Command phases – the new opening phase of your turn – you will receive one additional Command point."

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/06/04/taking-command-of-your-pointsgw-homepage-post-1/

On 6/4/2020 at 3:33 PM, Sonnenspeer said:

Thanks you, guys! So the conclusion is we have a problem with summoning, not CP, but we may can take some ideas from 9ed 40k 👍

Free summoning is fine as long as the army is balanced around having it (units are slightly more expensive than they should be, other army rules take that into account, etc).

Since 2nd edition has dropped, there has been a pretty even split between armies that summon and those that don't in top 10s at tournies.

Hedonites was certainly an outlier with a busted summoning system, combined with other amazing army rules, and huge activation advantage all rolled into one.

On 6/4/2020 at 3:33 PM, Sonnenspeer said:

Thanks you, guys! So the conclusion is we have a problem with summoning, not CP, but we may can take some ideas from 9ed 40k 👍

Free summoning is fine as long as the army is balanced around having it (units are slightly more expensive than they should be, other army rules take that into account, etc).

Since 2nd edition has dropped, there has been a pretty even split between armies that summon and those that don't in top 10s at tournies.

Hedonites was certainly an outlier with a busted summoning system, combined with other amazing army rules, and huge activation advantage all rolled into one.