Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Moar Barmu

Is Destruction missing something?

I feel like Destruction is the most limited of the grand alliances, even more so than Death. All of the Allegiances feel similar, with the exception of some of the Gloomspite guys. I wish that Chaos Dwarves were turned into Stone Dwarves or some kind of Destruction Dwarves with ranged weapons.

Destruction could use more shooting in my opinion.  It has historically been up there with Order as the shootinest GA:

- Gitmob artillery had a long and proud history in Mixed lists

- Thundertusks were rightly feared back in their day, including the legendary, all-conquering Mooclan build

- Kunnin Rukk

Gitmob artillery was deleted from the range.  

Thundertusks are now garbage, so between the two of those, that's pretty much all our sniping gone.

Kunnin Rukk obviously ain't what it used to be, and some other options (Squig Gobbas, Leadbelchers, Ironblasters) have generally been trash and continue to be so in their current iterations.

So yeah, I would say Destruction is missing shooting, and specifically hero sniping.  Some people might think that's not thematic for Destruction, and it should just be walk forward and smash stuff. 

I disagree, because there's no reason why sneaky Grots (for example) shouldn't run war machines (like Skaven do for example, who kept their old metal kits as Destruction was losing plastic ones).  Similarly Savage Orruks are hunters, so it totally makes sense to me that they would run around with their bows and arrows (and I still like using them in Big Waaagh).

The next army coming out looks like it will be in direct competition with my current Stonehorns army (hyper-elite, monster mash combat army) and I'm not sure I'd have much need for both.  We'll see what happens when we know more about Sons.

But if I was wishlisting, I'd love to see the Gitmob warband from Underworlds expanded further.  Raiders from the steppes, with 6" pile in on their wolves.  

Meanwhile their warmachines get AOSified, with amazing new Doom Divers causing havoc.  When you look at the Black Coach for example as a "before and after", I'd love Grot warmachines to be levelled up in a similar way.  So that's where I'd like to see the range expanded, in a fast / movement jank and shooting contraptions army.

The other thing I'm really interested in seeing is for the design studio to move on from a one-to-one mapping of WHFB races to AOS GAs.  It's (beyond) time to grow up and leave the Old World behind.

Specifically, Phil Kelly has mentioned humans in Ghur who worship Gork and Mork and paint themselves in green warpaint.  I think it would be pretty cool to see them in some way, possibly as part of the Gitmob "Savage Tribes" force.

We need a siege army. Destruction is not only savage people. A good example of a Destruction army could be the Mongol Horde, conquerors with powerful weapons, advance weapons and one of the most advanced siege technologies.

• Like 1

Grotbag Scuttlers is something which gets quoted in most newer publications - perfect excuse for making a shooty destruction force.

• Like 1