Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Moar Barmu

What will take to have Chaos Dwarves, inside or outside of the Legion of Azgorh become a real Faction?

Fogeworld does not count. I would actually play this game if there were Citadel Miniatures for the Chaos Dwarven army. I with we had a Battle Tome. There is so much wasted opportunity.

I meant Forgeworld. There needs to be more abilities and artifacts to make faction truly viable and there are just not enough character or units.
I would love some Beastmen of Hashut, especially Bullgors for the Bullgod.

The fact that they have a sizable forgeworld range at the moment means they're probably doomed to stay there forever, until they get squatted because they don't sell enough.

Well we can at least get a real Tome. After all, the demand is big and there are so many models that they do not make that they should.

Posted (edited)

Lore-wise, Hashut has always been solely dedicated to the Duardin of Zorn Uzkul who were exposed to the ancient storm of chaos, and they to him. It was a very intimate symbiotic-survival thing. So I don't think you'll ever see other races sworn to Hashut.

Army-wise, Forgeworld would have to take more than a passing interest in the rules and lore in order to turn them into a full-fledged army. It's almost guaranteed that we'll never see hobgoblins re-incoporated into the army, as they are discontinued models and would be Destruction allegiance.

It's quite weird that we have this very localised force from the Old World (literally from a single fortress) marching around in the Mortal Realms. A very odd fit. Still, there have been a couple of references in AoS lore to evil, fire-working Duardin so hope is certainly not lost.

EDIT to add: as others have said, the very existence of the FW models means that it's extremely unlikely that a plastic Citadel range would be developed anytime in the foreseeable future.

Edited by Roark

Well you could have part of the range be new models. You could have some models in each type. Is not Forge World owned by Games Workshop? It seems like a waste to not indulge the large and fanatical Chaos Dwarf fanbase.

Sad thing chd fanbase was not large, why do you think they newer had another book and new minis since 4th edition, and why they didnt do new mould for skullcracker.