What will take to have Chaos Dwarves, inside or outside of the Legion of Azgorh become a real Faction?

Moar Barmu

Lore-wise, Hashut has always been solely dedicated to the Duardin of Zorn Uzkul who were exposed to the ancient storm of chaos, and they to him. It was a very intimate symbiotic-survival thing. So I don't think you'll ever see other races sworn to Hashut.

Army-wise, Forgeworld would have to take more than a passing interest in the rules and lore in order to turn them into a full-fledged army. It's almost guaranteed that we'll never see hobgoblins re-incoporated into the army, as they are discontinued models and would be Destruction allegiance.

It's quite weird that we have this very localised force from the Old World (literally from a single fortress) marching around in the Mortal Realms. A very odd fit. Still, there have been a couple of references in AoS lore to evil, fire-working Duardin so hope is certainly not lost.

EDIT to add: as others have said, the very existence of the FW models means that it's extremely unlikely that a plastic Citadel range would be developed anytime in the foreseeable future.

Edited by Roark

• 4 months later...

As a new owner of a LoA army - It is going to take more hounding of their email servers to get us a new ruleset. I don't need GW to make them an "official" GW darling, just update the rules for the latest edition of AoS. It literally would take the Forgeworld team probably an hour to do so. the simplicity of the armies rules would make altering them relatively easy. And I just love how simplistic the army ruleset is yet how complex and varied their gameplay can be!

• Thanks 1

The only issue I see, is that GDubs is NOT invested or interested in Chaosdwarves.
Yes, the evil forges of Aqshy, blahbla, had to write something... Lore is full of cool stuff that will never see the table (I hope my new Soulblight book gives more a mortals of Shyish vibe with loads of options, but I fear a heavy IP FEC remake, 3 heroes, 3 units and a monster)

And since GDubs never produced any Chaosdwarves (in this millennium) they probably never will. LoA models are all resin models and the molds are a not compatible and a major investment (as I learned in the failed „Confrontation“ Kickstarter). The only way then to make money, is a reinvention and reintroduction of Evil Dwarves and that would get them a new book and models, but for revenues and profit HAS TO SCRAP all old models.

They might be one company way up, but working pretty independently with the IPs.

So I fear they will stay at forgeworld, which could get off their behinds and write a cool book, maybe including some of their monsters for profit and lols...

10 minutes ago, Honk said:

The only issue I see, is that GDubs is NOT invested or interested in Chaosdwarves.
Yes, the evil forges of Aqshy, blahbla, had to write something... Lore is full of cool stuff that will never see the table (I hope my new Soulblight book gives more a mortals of Shyish vibe with loads of options, but I fear a heavy IP FEC remake, 3 heroes, 3 units and a monster)

And since GDubs never produced any Chaosdwarves (in this millennium) they probably never will. LoA models are all resin models and the molds are a not compatible and a major investment (as I learned in the failed „Confrontation“ Kickstarter). The only way then to make money, is a reinvention and reintroduction of Evil Dwarves and that would get them a new book and models, but for revenues and profit HAS TO SCRAP all old models.

They might be one company way up, but working pretty independently with the IPs.

So I fear they will stay at forgeworld, which could get off their behinds and write a cool book, maybe including some of their monsters for profit and lols...

There are Chaos dwarves in Warcry. Small hope, but the Squats have also returned (though as of yet, just in Necromunda).

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

There are Chaos dwarves in Warcry. Small hope, but the Squats have also returned (though as of yet, just in Necromunda).

And zoats are back too... hurray embassador 'nids 🍻🥳🎉

all things considered, GDubs (and FW) needs to make money to keep the lights on. That is selling books (like a mandatory GHB each year) and selling models, like throwing out the elves from the 90s and building fish-people or fancy headwear constipated people...

if you wish for Chaosdwarves from GW for AoS, you also hope for a complete model line scrap and rulebook burning.

😅 and I know that most models of my Undead legion are still from the 90s (LoN and FEC)...

but nighthaunt and obr came and Soulblight is probably approaching to burn the 90s out of the IP, hopefully with a cool „mortals of Shyish“ approach, but most likely they will go the duardin (🥴) road, sky pirates (kinda ok) or naked stupids ( not even shoes or trousers)...

Edited by Honk

5 minutes ago, Honk said:

And zoats are back too... hurray embassador 'nids 🍻🥳🎉

all things considered, GDubs (and FW) needs to make money to keep the lights on. That is selling books (like a mandatory GHB each year) and selling models, like throwing out the elves from the 90s and building fish-people or fancy headwear constipated people...

if you wish for Chaosdwarves from GW for AoS, you also hope for a complete model line scrap and rulebook burning.

Considering FW's AoS support, I think that any Chaos Dwarf support would have to be from inclusion in the AoS range. I think that a faction with evil Thomas the Tank engine is a good fit for the design languages of AoS.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, zilberfrid said:

I think that a faction with evil Thomas the Tank engine is a good fit for the design languages of AoS.

There are a lot of possibilities and great potential for awesome evil dwarves...

I‘m more of a „sparrow in the hand, that dove on the roof“ guy, doesn’t translate well ...

be happy for what you got, because you might end up with firery fire fireduardin with pants on fire riding firelizards, loose your cool dudes and get nighthaunt „thx for the spanking“ rules...

On 6/1/2020 at 8:25 PM, Moar Barmu said:

Well we can at least get a real Tome. After all, the demand is big and there are so many models that they do not make that they should.

I've never seen anyone claim the demand for Chaos Dwarves is big.  Are there facts to back up this statement?  It seems anecdotal at best.

If the demand is big, why haven't they remade the skullcracker mold that broke?

On 10/11/2020 at 9:00 PM, meatpipeline said:

Are there facts to back up this statement? 

My demand is big and I posted it on the internet... 🤔 doesn’t get more legit than that 👻

But tomb kings got wrecked, bretonia got lost in the warp  and all the Players wept and shook their dice in agony.

and a lot of old factions got a full work over, dwarves lost their boots and trousers in the fires of creation, while elves got around surfing, kinky with trees or snakes.

hopefully they keep expanding the range with interesting and fun2play factions, but I guess it‘s hard to predict what thoughts and restraints are going on in the dark cellars of GDubs HQ.

Realistically time is all there is. With the new 40k stuff going down FW is actually releasing an updated book for the 40k range. So its not impossible to say they wont, eventually, do the same for the evil midgets. The Kreig line is getting a full update and thats a pure FW line. Of course sales and popularity will probably dictate how speedy they are with updating the rules. Kreig is one of the most popular factions in all of 40k and its taken them this long to finally say they are updating the rules. Hell there still isnt a release date on those....so dont hold your breathe for Chaos Dwarves anytime soon. Or who knows maybe they will update everything at the same time. 

IDK what it would take, but i guess my suggestion would be that you all write a friendly email or facebook post to GW, letting them know that you would like the legion of Azgorh to have a proper support(included online signature of all CHORF fans out there if you). it probably the best chance of letting them know.

the other option would be just to hope that there would be a big renewed interest in Chaos dwarf when they appear in Total war warhammer 3 but that going to be awhile

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My understanding is GW has folded FW rules into the core of the games.  With Alan B passing they lost their 40k movement/momentum and it only makes sense.

What is sad is Chaos Dwarfs fit in AoS fine and they really should put out the book.  Problem is it means they are not supported as a plastic range.

However every survey, fill it out.  GW we want ChDw back!  email them at the aos faq email constantly.  I would be 110% no one at GW has read this thread.  

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Popisdead said:

every survey, fill it out.

We are FW overpriced resin slaves aka the idiots with too much spending money...

use me GDubs!!! Use me and my chests filled with gold and jewels !!! 
Since a lot of molds are broken and kits are getting scarcer, we need something to throw our cash at 🥳💸💸💸🤣 

Perhaps a little more broad faction, like Forges of Chaos, could work better for sales and lore?  Certainly including the evil duardin, but also their slave ogors, random humans in culty gear, like the Iron Golems, but also with more war machines and cannons, etc.  A parallel could be the Adeptus Mechanicus in 40k.

I mean, Order has the KO and CoS.  It would be 'easy' to remake the Hellcannon on the ol' computer, slap Iron Golem bits all over Cultist and duardin bodies, and a new Astrogoth to lead them all, on a tiny mechanized set of legs!  (I still have the old metal one, with his mechanically assisted hammer).