Allies question for Legions of Nagash

ähsähf

Question

Hi there,

especially my son, and together with him me as well, are new to age of sigmar and currently buildt up our armies.

I started with cities of sigmar and this is quite straight forward as far as I read.

My son started Nighthaunt and might now change to Legions of Nagash, which is no big deal because as far as I can overlook that a lot of Nighthaunt units can be part of o LoN army as well.

AND - and here we come closer to my question - I read here an there (1d4chan for example) that units for which this is not true can be braught in the army as allies, basically that LoN can ally with Nighthaunt. But when I now use the warscroll builder or a similar app, select Grand Host of Nagash as my (sons) allegiance I can indeed select a bunch of nighthaunts as core units, but I cannot select Nighthaunt under "Add units", which I would need to do if I would like to add them as allies?! My son got the Briar queen for example and I only manage to add her to the army by misunsing the tool I guess (switch to Nighthaunt allegiance, add her, switch back to Grand Host).

So my question is now if the information is correct or wrong that LoN/ Grand Host of Nagash can ally with Nighthaunt (that are not part the allegiance already)?

many thanks for your help!

Sebastian

2 answers to this question

3 hours ago, ähsähf said:

I read here an there (1d4chan for example) that units for which this is not true can be braught in the army as allies, basically that LoN can ally with Nighthaunt. But when I now use the warscroll builder or a similar app, select Grand Host of Nagash as my (sons) allegiance I can indeed select a bunch of nighthaunts as core units, but I cannot select Nighthaunt under "Add units", which I would need to do if I would like to add them as allies?!

Your right.

I've tested Warcroll builder ofr this purpose and obtain same result than you.

For me this is an error/bug.

In last GhB (2019), GHoN, LoS, LoN, LoB were able to ally to Fec and Nighthaunt. As said, some of the Nighthaunt are "builtin" LoN and does not need to be allie (Nighhaunt from Soul Wars box, as can be confirmed by LoN FAQ: https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/f4c2ef94.pdf). Anyway, some Nighthaunt have to be taken as allie (thos who where not in the Soul Wars box).