The Painting Contract - June 2020

43 minutes ago, Oak7603 said:

Yep. Once those last 11 are done I'm backlog free 😁 and the sword isn't a conversion it's just in the box 😉

Oh really. Why doesn’t everybody use it? It’s very ff7 cloud as well. 

oh man, backlog free. Is it a dream or a nightmare? 

19 minutes ago, Kramer said:

Oh man, backlog free. Is it a dream or a nightmare? 

Right now it's OK. I've still got 11. When I cleared the backlog before getting this last set I had a Mausoleum to paint. That's done now. I guess I'll go back now and touch up all the bits that I have painted differently to how I do now. Rusty weapons, blood etc.

After that, or once I get bored of that anyway, then I think that's when the shakes set in and you just stare at the calender waiting for payday so that you can get some new stuff to feed the habit.

It's gonna be a chimera next I think 😁

As for the why no one uses the sword... I don't know. Its on the box. The strange thing about it is that he gets +1 to missile attacks and not melee so it's a big sword that does naff all for him 😂

rs=w_600,h_600.jpeg

Edited by Oak7603
Can't spell for poop sometimes
  • Like 5

10 minutes ago, SlyRebirth said:

Bit late to the party on this, not just for this month, but because I haven't taken part in any of these yet!

Anyway, here's my list for June 2020:

5 x Khavalos Deathriders (almost complete)

30 x Mortek Guard (currently on sprues)

Wish me luck!

You got this.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, flamingwalnut said:

Awesome minis and paintjobs! Those are the Atlantis dwarves, right? Any chance you have a side-by-side comparison with GW dwarves? Would be wonderfully appreciated. 

I don't have that yet, but it can be created. I'll do a metal Bugman, metal infantry, arkanaut and Gotrek.

Not Gotrek, but an old plastic dwarf:

IMG_20200618_094814472_HDR.jpg

Edited by zilberfrid
  • Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

So that's it. All my painting complete :(. No back log. No grey plastic.

So during lock down I've painted all my BoC army - 30 Bestigors, 10 Gors, 20 Ungor Raiders, 10 Ungors, 3 Great Bray Shamen, 2 Ghorgon, 1 Cygor, A Beastlord and 2 Chaos Spawn! I also finished painting the Azyrite Ruins and the Sigmarite Mauseleum.

The pic is of the last ones I've painted and has the kit bashed standard to wind my son up with too 😁

Now I'm skint and so I'm going to see what I can sell... 😉

20200619_193428.jpg

Edited by Oak7603
I need to remember to clean my bases before I paint them :(
  • Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, Oak7603 said:

So that's it. All my painting complete :(. No back log. No grey plastic.

So during lock down I've painted all my BoC army - 30 Bestigors, 10 Gors, 20 Ungor Raiders, 10 Ungors, 3 Great Bray Shamen, 2 Ghorgon, 1 Cygor, A Beastlord and 2 Chaos Spawn! I also finished painting the Azyrite Ruins and the Sigmarite Mauseleum.

The pic is of the last ones I've painted and has the kit bashed standard to wind my son up with too 😁

Now I'm skint and so I'm going to see what I can sell... 😉

20200619_193428.jpg

What about building terrain if the backlog is cleaned out?

28 minutes ago, Kramer said:

What about building terrain if the backlog is cleaned out?

Its on my list. I could do with some hills and cliffs and stone columns and the like but that's then money. And until pay day, I have none. And even then those pesky bills may take more than I want. 

9 hours ago, Oak7603 said:

Its on my list. I could do with some hills and cliffs and stone columns and the like but that's then money. And until pay day, I have none. And even then those pesky bills may take more than I want. 

If you have some stuff in your house, it need not be money.

Packing foam can easily become hills, columns can start from pvc tubes, cardboard can make you a house. Mod podged with wood glue, Painted with craft paints.

Look up blackmagic craft, and you can, with a bit of effort and lesser result, supplant cardboard for foam.

• Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

11 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

If you have some stuff in your house, it need not be money.

Packing foam can easily become hills, columns can start from pvc tubes, cardboard can make you a house. Mod podged with wood glue, Painted with craft paints.

Look up blackmagic craft, and you can, with a bit of effort and lesser result, supplant cardboard for foam.

Good thinking. I'll have a look around and see whats on YouTube for some ideas.

Apologies for non AoS minis. I have been struggling with motivation painting my minis up during lockdown, until I bought Star Wars Rebellion and decided it needed painting. It’s massively motivated me. I started yesterday on the stormtroopers and I got this far. I need to do the black parts of the armour and bases.

3D8D6A40-B13A-4F42-B082-0F714EC5FF19.jpeg

092C3F0D-6BE4-49B0-85A9-B09A1F054ED2.jpeg

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, SlyRebirth said:

Quick update: 

5 x Khavalos Riders complete

30 x Mortek Guard - built, primed, base coated. Still to do this weekend: wash, highlights, basing.

Dang! That was fast! Highlights will probably take a while but a wash on 30 models might be achievable, depending on your time zone, before the 28th.