The Painting Contract - June 2020

Hello folks and welcome to the Painting Contract for June 2020!

If you don't know the rules they are:

Each month you post an amount of models that you agree to try to paint/build/convert/sculpt. This can be terrain or models for Age Of Sigmar, Warcry, Blood Bowl, Blitz Bowl, Warhammer Underworlds, Warhammer Quest Silver Tower / Shadows Over Hammerhal, or Gorechosen.

On the 28th of the month the contract closes and you can then post your progress images so that they can be critiqued, shared and boasted about. It is a great way to get involved in the community and to get inspiration.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone share their progress!

Enjoy!

@Mohojoe &  @TheOtherJosh & special thanks to @Kramer

It appears I have failed my contract, I blame getting sidetracked, I was unable to finish the Magmadroth and the Runeson, although it's mostly because I got sidetracked into a gunhauler, which I am nearly finished with but got burned out on. Maybe I can finish my Runeson, but i am going to set my goal low and say finish the Magmadroth and the Gunhauler.

• Like 3

@TheOtherJosh good to have you back! 

for me I pledge my ‘Tale of X warlords’ contribution: 1 Lord arcanum on gryphcharger, 5 hunters and 3 aetherwings.

my stretch is finish my Frostlord and stonehorn or maybe a piece of terrain to match the stormcast basing. Just a little side hustle. 

• Like 3

I also have failed the contract, as I was not able to finish the araknarok crew (but at least did the loonshrine!). To make the things worse, I got sidetracked by the gloomspite endless spells, which I will try to end this month. 

My objective for this month is to paint:

-Araknarok castle and crew

-Gloomspite endless spells

-Bonus: 5 spider riders

-Bonus: some stabbas

Edited by Jymmy
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Sttufe said:

It appears I have failed my contract, I blame getting sidetracked, I was unable to finish the Magmadroth and the Runeson, although it's mostly because I got sidetracked into a gunhauler, which I am nearly finished with but got burned out on. Maybe I can finish my Runeson, but i am going to set my goal low and say finish the Magmadroth and the Gunhauler.

You only fail when you stop moving forward. Sometimes we all just need to take a break, or deal with non-gaming stuff ... sometimes it ends up being a while. 

But there is always space at the table for folks who have stepped away or been temporarily distracted.

• Like 2

After grinding through a bunch of Spirit Hosts and Grimghast Reapers, this month I am going to reward myself with some heroes. Got a Guardian Of Souls, a Spirit Of Torment and a Knight Of Shrouds prepped and ready to go. If I get some extra time I hope to start the big ghost Lady herself.

BBCC40E5-721D-48C7-A9FF-CA61EFE27179.jpeg

06D2EFB4-403F-4CB2-9450-50288190B09E.jpeg

• Like 2

Hi all

This month I'll paint 2 Dreadblade Harrows, 10 chainrasps, at least 2 pieces of scenery from the Sigmarite Mausoleum and I will finish my son's Treelord Ancient.

As a stretch, i have lots more chainrasps in reserve, as well as the rest of the mausoleum.

Let's go!

In June, I expect to make a gyrocopter (to round out the three) and a Gyrobomber (because I want airborne beer barrel delivery, with a powder monkey doing the tossing). I'll also finish the last two Arkanauts needed to fill the squad.

Edited by zilberfrid
  • Like 1

So, made good headway last month on my Hammerhal set. I will aim to complete it:

1 x Chaos Sorcerer

10 x Kairic Acolytes

10 x Blood Reavers

5 x Putrid Blight Kings

Hmm, that seems like a lot... oh well, see how we go.

• Like 1

Things I would like to accomplish: 5 castigators, 5 liberators, 1 celestar Ballista - have the above, no corax base spray,   5 evocators - floating about in mail land (about 2  months now) 200 bases plus about 6 paints badly needed (also out in the world of mail and sitting in unopened GW stores 😹) for Duardin and gloomspite. 

what I can accomplish accomplish: 10 shadow warriors 😺

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Artobans Ghost said:

Something not on the list but was in the way. 
Skull Pass gobbo t-pee /  torture tent?

img_0480.jpg

img_0481.jpg

Pee torture is a very specific form of Grot torture. 

hehe while writing I just realised is says teepee 😂

• Haha 1

This month I pledge to complete:

-My WIP Bleeding Icon

-Wrath Axe Judgement of Khorne

-My 2 Slaughterpriests

-My Skull Altar

Should be a fun, if not time consuming month, once all this is finished my army will really be starting to come together

I basically continue with  what I was doing:

- Finish the black Coach (excluding base.)  I will do the horses similar to what I did with the dreadblade harrow. The driver and phantoms around the coach, I am not sure yet what to do. I prefer to have them mainly ghostly white, but last time I tried something similar with the Myrmourn Banshees I made a mess of it, so I hesitate to try it again.

Coach-wip-2.jpg.5f125f5d95ad66b6594eef4f389680fa.jpg

Finish the Dradeblade Harrows:

harrow-WIP.jpg.904c034ebd8a4aaced30e71588f67b0f.jpg

- Built and prime a unit of Reapers. If time left ( I doubt), start painting them.

Grimghast-WIP.jpg.349730537c1b1763d692a084a4e2b086.jpg

• Like 4

Now that the Tale of Online Gamers has been sorted for me, I now have a pledge! Yay!

I will be getting back to Stormcast, with:

1 Lord-Ordinator
5 Sequitors
5 Evocators

Any stretch goals will be some fun, side stuff for my Cities army. But might also be 40k Orks with the new Edition on the rise.