How to Capture Objectives

ACBelMutie

Question

Just a quick question: An objective is controled by the player who has more miniatures in the objective or the player who has the unit with more miniatures in the objective?

I watch people using both capture systems, but what's the correct one?

The discussion started because GHB2019 says ony 1 unit can capture 1 objective and it was not clear how to capture then.

Greetings

Edited by ACBelMutie

4 answers to this question

13 hours ago, ACBelMutie said:

Just a quick question: An objective is controled by the player who has more miniatures in the objective or the player who has the unit with more miniatures in the objective?

I watch people using both capture systems, but what's the correct one?

The discussion started because GHB2019 says ony 1 unit can capture 1 objective and it was not clear how to capture then.

Greetings

It depents what the battleplan says.

Many Battleplans use the standard Opjective Rules that @GrimDork has mentioned here:

13 hours ago, GrimDork said:

Page 10 of core rules, there is a box all about objectives.

Basically, whoever has most models within 6” of the centre of the objectives at end of turn captures an objective.

The Battleplans that do not use them normally start with the sentence "The normal rules for controlling an objective are not used in this battle. Instead...

In those missions the battleplan states what rules are used. For example in "Duality of Death", only Heros and Battleline units can capture Objectives and they have to stay within 3" to hold them and 1 Unit holds it, (while Missions that use the Corerules of Page 10 can leave the Objective and hold it until the opponent player has more models in range)

Also remember that unless also specifically stated in the battleplan, you don't need to leave your models in the 6" area. You can leave it and still get the points until the enemy put more units than you on it.

E.G. Turn 1 - I put 6 models on an objective and get 1 point. Turn 2 I move those 6 away but no enemy turn up. I still control it and get the points at the end of turn 2. Turn 3 the enemy moves 1 model in the 6" and I don't get any back to it. They now control it  and get the points.

I was certainly confused by the objective rules my first few tournaments.  The being able to move off of them really makes a big difference in game play to what I remember from old 40k.  I just imagine my Beasts of Chaos spraying their marks on them and moving onto the next interesting smell :D

• Haha 2
  • LOVE IT! 1