Warmahordes models in AoS?

Hello all, what do you guys think about Warmachine/Hordes models in Age of Sigmar? Mostly Heroes, and a small number of units. It's all basically WYSIWYG (Well, Battlemages might have spears or bare hands instead of staffs), for example Circle Orboros Reeves as Freeguild Crossbowmen, Wolves of Orboros as Pheonix Guard, Baldur as Freeguild General, various solos and unit add-ons as Battlemages. Maybe even Bradigus Thorle as the Celestant prime? I just love the Circle Orboros line, and their models fit my theme perfectly. Pheonix Guard and Freeguild Crossbowmen are great models, but the Wolves and Reeves of Orboros make more sense in my aesthetic, which is an All-natural Living City force. In addition, I like the Privateers Press games (Not as much as AoS - they're a little Rules heavy for my tastes) and setting a lot, having played them with my dad when I first got into wargaming, and if I ever decide to get back into that universe it would be nice to have some starting models. What do you all think? About this specifically, and Warmahordes models being used in AoS in general?

• Like 1

Proxy/3rd party models have been around for as long as the game (heck in some editions GW didn't make models for some things in their battletomes/codex and you had to come up with your own creations or buy from other companies). The Circle are some very fine models (their Alpha Warp Wolf has long been one of my favourites). 

The only thing to be aware of is that you won't be able to use them in a GW store nor GW backed event because they want only GW models. At your local scene you'd had to ask and make sure its ok; though typically as long as things are easy to tell what they are you should be fine. Heck look at the steam-punk Cities army that's been converted up and shown on the forums here and on the GW website at least once or twice. Again big conversions from the original, but each is easy to tell from the other.

My Cities of Sigmar is the Free City of Lannisport (using A Song of Ice and Fire minis), so I think Warmahordes models would be awesome.  Those Reeves of Orboros look super cool!  It will look great!  Also, I love the idea of Bradigus Thorle as Celestant Prime, the model looks the part perfectly.

image.png.3fea0b8bfce385cedecd4567543c4ecc.png

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

On 5/25/2020 at 3:51 PM, Nacnudllah said:

My Cities of Sigmar is the Free City of Lannisport (using A Song of Ice and Fire minis), so I think Warmahordes models would be awesome.  Those Reeves of Orboros look super cool!  It will look great!  Also, I love the idea of Bradigus Thorle as Celestant Prime, the model looks the part perfectly.

image.png.3fea0b8bfce385cedecd4567543c4ecc.png

How do ASoIaF scale with GW? 

On 5/28/2020 at 9:08 AM, NazbitWeirdstabba said:

How do ASoIaF scale with GW? 

J9WR0zs.jpg

Stormcast -> Robb -> N/A -> Lannister Guardsman -> N/A -> Clanrat -> Lannister Guardsman -> Stark Outrider -> N/A

Not my pic just one I found, though I do have the makings of a Baratheon army. They're definitely on the larger scale but nothing that would stand out with the way newer GW models have been scaling up (with some obvious exceptions like Clegane). The detail on the newer kits is great though and the size makes 'em much less frustrating to paint for someone like me. 

@AthelLoren I always liked the look of Orboros Reeves though so I'm bias, but I do think they'd look great in a Living City.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2