Tale of X online gamers

Kramer

Month one:

3514E72C-7173-4B9A-B4C3-B53366405888.jpeg.982b0d931fc30d6fed835d9710f41f08.jpeg

5 converted hunters, Lord arcanum on gryph-charger.  Plus 3 birdies because I started on the Lord arcanum. 380pts in Total. 
EDIT: Plus the basing of the knight zephyros and Celestar ballista 

Edited by Kramer
  • Like 1

Nice challenge! I'm definitely in with the Skaventide hordes. Currently putting the finishing touches on a Warlock Engineer and Hell Pit Abomination. Trying to get a unit of Stormvermin done next week. So I'll see what's coming up next (maybe a Vermin Lord?) after a week or so, and do the pledge then. 

• Like 2

Looking good everyone!

Curious, now I know this isn't specifically a narrative event but I do love me some beautiful narratives. Anyone on here got some background thoughts for their new warbands? Perhaps some ideas from a while back? Maybe something off the cuff right now? Since we can't battle in an awesome campaign, I want the next best thing: I want to hear from you all! If you want, of course. 

(Still deciding on my own, I know, slowly but surely. lol)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, flamingwalnut said:

Anyone on here got some background thoughts for their new warbands?

Previously I have pretty much always followed a faction scheme, I know boring right? But recently with my current (they're nearly done...) bonereapers army I branched out a little bit and tried to create a new scheme and really pushed the basing. That said I never really thought of how that fit into the narrative, and have only just started trying to pigeonhole it into something.

I really enjoyed pushing the bases with that army so am looking to do again with the Daughter's. I was thinking of doing some kind of ancient Khainite temple, crumbling away and overrun with Melusai who still see themselves as there former incarnations before they were tainted by Slaanesh.

I did have a cool display board idea of a giant one-way mirror a wall in the middle with one side being the meulsai in a ruined templae and the other witch aelves in a plush sparkling one to show off the delusion.

Still need to think of a colour scheme though. One idea was lots of different scale patterns for the snakes, say each 5 will have different markings.

That's about as far as I've got at the moment, if anyone has any great ideas let me know 🙂

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

On 5/25/2020 at 5:44 AM, flamingwalnut said:

Looking good everyone!

Curious, now I know this isn't specifically a narrative event but I do love me some beautiful narratives. Anyone on here got some background thoughts for their new warbands? Perhaps some ideas from a while back? Maybe something off the cuff right now? Since we can't battle in an awesome campaign, I want the next best thing: I want to hear from you all! If you want, of course. 

(Still deciding on my own, I know, slowly but surely. lol)

Good question. The weird thing is every army I paint has that story, that narrative hook for me. My stormcast for some reason don't really have that. I found an existing stormhost that isn't mentioned much. So I have space to do my thing, but it does dedicate my paint scheme. But that's it. Probably because they are all models that I could get cheap and have another army friends can play. Low models, relatively simple rules. 

I do have three armies that i'm basing in the same area. Nurgle, Ogors, Stormcast. The concept is a jungle landscape with overgrown ruin for the stormcast s that slowly turns into a swampy basing for the nurgle. So bright plants and pieces of temple on the one end. The other dark and brown with very the corrupte/broken down temple bits. The Ogors on the other hand will be bright jungle but with more smashed temple bits. 

Couple of days left guys and gals! Excited to start. Currently making great progress on a stonehorn in the faint hope I can Git'erdun before june. 
See, it's already motivating me ;) 

Edited by Kramer
  • LOVE IT! 1

19 hours ago, Kramer said:

Currently making great progress on a stonehorn in the faint hope I can Git'erdun before june. 
See, it's already motivating me ;)

Good luck! 
This is going to turn out to be better motivation than anything else to get my bonereapers finished too! So there’s something to that.

Back on topic, I’m going to redo the zenithal primer on my daughters after trying a few things that I didn’t like. 

And my green stuff world roller arrived so started on a couple of bases too.

image.jpg

• Like 2

I'll be assembling my first model this weekend and have decided on a story for my Tzeentch force. Inspired by City of Secrets, the idea of a secret Tzeentch arcanite cult in a city than suddenly springs forth and assaults the city from within is really appealing. Along with the different cults in the battletome, I had a simple background story to inspire me. I've got all the bases I need from Secret Weapon - http://www.secretweaponminiatures.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=79_30_106, and they should be arriving soon.

In the Sigmarite city of Hysia in the realm of Life, a secret Arcanite Cult has been steadily growing, recruiting from the fringes of the city's famous Colleges of Magic. With many recruits having been blessed with transformations into Tzaangor, the cult is now ready to reveal itself and step out of the shadows. Their ultimate goal is to summon a Lord of Change and overthrow the Sigmarite rulers to found a new foothold for Tzeentch in the Realm of Life. 

Edited by hughwyeth
  • Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, Maxi99 said:

And my green stuff world roller arrived so started on a couple of bases too.

image.jpg

Oh those look really nice. What’s the putty you’re using? 

@hughwyeth nice! Will you be building into the ‘summon lord of change’ subfactuon as well? 

1 minute ago, Kramer said:

@hughwyeth nice! Will you be building into the ‘summon lord of change’ subfactuon as well? 

I will be! I love this model from Creature Caster - https://creaturecaster.com/uk/product/queen-of-malifica/ but i'm pretty daunted by it. I want to use it as a Lord of Change, but i feel a GW plastic one would  just be a lot less stress!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hughwyeth said:

I will be! I love this model from Creature Caster - https://creaturecaster.com/uk/product/queen-of-malifica/ but i'm pretty daunted by it. I want to use it as a Lord of Change, but i feel a GW plastic one would  just be a lot less stress!

Oh no absolutely do that! 
or a more nuanced response: see how you feel after 3/4 of the army and save it for the last chapter of the tale. 

great model though. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, hughwyeth said:

Definitely an AMAZING centerpiece. Definitely save it for the end. Personally, while it DOES look daunting, it also looks like it has a LOT of good drybrushing spots. That entire backpiece could be an easy prime dark, highlight in a metal or something of your choice, and maybe even tint with a wash/contrast. You can have blue shimmering metal with shadowy recesses. Or Green to highlight the Realm of Life. 

I do love having "weird" Realm choices for armies. Like, Realm of Life has obvious stuff in Nurgle and Sylvaneth, but Tzeentch has some cool, weird choices for that. Then you can get SUPER wonky with tech people like Kharadron or the big WTF with a Death army from Life. lol 

Sadly, my store's stock got hit harder than I thought during lockdown. Some dude came in the other day and ordered all the Start Collecting off the shelf! REALLY curious what in the world HE was building.... Anyways, so while I will have a project set by June 1st (OR SO HELP ME! Grr...) but I might not have models ready by then. Should be easy enough to order, but time. GUESS WE SHALL SEE! :o 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, flamingwalnut said:

Definitely an AMAZING centerpiece. Definitely save it for the end. Personally, while it DOES look daunting, it also looks like it has a LOT of good drybrushing spots. That entire backpiece could be an easy prime dark, highlight in a metal or something of your choice, and maybe even tint with a wash/contrast. You can have blue shimmering metal with shadowy recesses. Or Green to highlight the Realm of Life. 

I do love having "weird" Realm choices for armies. Like, Realm of Life has obvious stuff in Nurgle and Sylvaneth, but Tzeentch has some cool, weird choices for that. Then you can get SUPER wonky with tech people like Kharadron or the big WTF with a Death army from Life. lol 

Sadly, my store's stock got hit harder than I thought during lockdown. Some dude came in the other day and ordered all the Start Collecting off the shelf! REALLY curious what in the world HE was building.... Anyways, so while I will have a project set by June 1st (OR SO HELP ME! Grr...) but I might not have models ready by then. Should be easy enough to order, but time. GUESS WE SHALL SEE! :o 

I mostly chose Realm of Life because it works with my Cities army- Hysia is their city! But also there's some interesting themes of abundant life and change/mutations. 

The dude taking all the SC seems to think there's a scarcity of those, but GW just reopened their online store so not sure he's going to be able to profit off those anywhere. 

I’m in, although my painting rate is pretty slow. I am loving Tzeentch right now and have just cleaned up a small collection of kairic acolytes and tzaangor to add to my Eyes of the Nine warband. Here’s what’s painted so far:

F76733B7-B152-452B-B0C8-058055A5DF57.jpeg.3ff2c67c952d84def5574bcb0a329824.jpeg

For June my goal is to paint 3 models. Here’s what I’ve assembled over the last few days, it should take a few months to paint

B9B923D3-82A6-4EF4-9222-86738B0D9D46.jpeg.439d65c707cbe6c4aaf0e84013a4ea99.jpeg

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

I'd like to participate in this as well. For my army, I plan to use the Seraphon battleforce box I picked up last year. I made some progress in it, completing the Saurus Oldblood on foot and 6 skinks, with the rest in various stages of assembly. My goal for June is to paint the Bastiladon and Skink Starpriest.

I may build the ripperdactyls as terradons but otherwise this is how I have built / will build the box.

20200529_175907.jpg

Edited by LoopyZebra
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, hughwyeth said:

I mostly chose Realm of Life because it works with my Cities army- Hysia is their city! But also there's some interesting themes of abundant life and change/mutations. 

The dude taking all the SC seems to think there's a scarcity of those, but GW just reopened their online store so not sure he's going to be able to profit off those anywhere. 

I think he was just picking up a bunch of gifts/new projects. There were only 3 there, and 2 could be related (Slaanesh Daemons and Slaves to Darkness). Hell, the third was the Corsair Cities SC, so all could fit into a weird, Slaaneshy army. lol Whooooo knooows. Not a HUGE deal, just might slow me down....assuming I can ever pick a project.

My city is in Hysh, and I have been pondering basing (both lore and, well, their bases) all my other armies like them so I can have thematic fights. Especially if I make my own table sometime down the line. Goals right there. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, flamingwalnut said:

I think he was just picking up a bunch of gifts/new projects. There were only 3 there, and 2 could be related (Slaanesh Daemons and Slaves to Darkness). Hell, the third was the Corsair Cities SC, so all could fit into a weird, Slaaneshy army. lol Whooooo knooows. Not a HUGE deal, just might slow me down....assuming I can ever pick a project.

Someone bought all the Troggoths at my local GW right after the store opened up from quarantine. I suspect there's a few people whose purchasing is motivated by COVID scarcity.

4 hours ago, LoopyZebra said:

Someone bought all the Troggoths at my local GW right after the store opened up from quarantine. I suspect there's a few people whose purchasing is motivated by COVID scarcity.

Or just finally made that dent in the backlog and needed a new backlog 😂

• Haha 2