Tale of X online gamers

Kramer

Anyone any idea how long Vallejo extra heavy gel gloss takes to dry? Need to do three layers due to shrinkage before the deadline 😂

E5CDBD7F-78E6-4502-ABC9-ECBD780309F1.jpeg.c0dd9427693842e132e7997ab03a4f58.jpeg

wasn’t to sure about the posing for this one but with the rest of the basing it seems to come together. 

in the meantime the right pauldron decided not to fit anymore, so need a fix for that now. 

Finally got my unit of grimghast done. Had such a good start after I set of two weeks ago. Did 8 models in about 7 days. This will impress no none of course, but for me that is an absolute speed record :)  After that,  life happened and I really couldn't find time (or energy)  to finish the last two models from the unit, until two days ago. Just two days left for the remaining part of my goal this month ( dreadblade harrow)...guess it still doable if I work on it two evenings, but I think I give myself some space and make it for this weekend, don't want to rush.

Nice to see all the progress of others here, love this thread.

2083731650_Grimghast-unit1-3(1).jpg.0048fc80071a49cff3cc3fb6f2ce2bf0.jpg

707171671_Grimghast-unit1-2(1).jpg.83c5d2a5e93123ad0119ab641a8e2ae6.jpg

355854065_Grimghast-unit1-1(1).jpg.e4138ae744d33f3c10327b6c841ba16e.jpg

Edited by Lowki
  • Like 7
  • LOVE IT! 1

On ‎7‎/‎18‎/‎2020 at 8:07 AM, Eldarain said:

Alright. Got these boys done. Will post up my big August project tomorrow.

IMG_20200717_230401~2.jpg

Very impressive, also really interesting terrain on the background,..would love to see the full picture of it.

35 minutes ago, Lowki said:

Really cool, love how all these different poses work out.. Looking forward to see the rest of them.

Thanks so much. Finished them all and now only have 3 palladors and a Lord arcanum on gryph charger to base. Hope to finish them tomorrow night and take out the camera the next day.  There is only one that didn’t end up as I would have wanted it. But 4 out of 5 I’m extremely happy with. 

13 minutes ago, Eldarain said:

@Lowki Thanks. It's my table at home. These are probably the best shots of it I have on my phone.

IMG_20200516_175556~2.jpg

IMG_20200630_211245~2.jpg

amazing stuff. Great terrain like this really elevates a game imo. 

Was thinking about that today as well. I might just add one more month for matching terrain as I wanted to do build a jungle terrain table since the warhammer fantasy battles Lustria campaign 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Eldarain said:

@Kramer That sounds like a great idea. I've been on a huge nostalgia kick recently and have been reading all the WD Batreps from my childhood.

The Lustria table used in the Skrolk/GUO batrep vs Lizardmen was a real stand out.

Screenshot_20200729-162505~2.png

Screenshot_20200729-162522~2.png

It was so good. And the map campaign was needlessly complicated but dang, it spoke so much to my imagination. 
currently I’m looking at how miniwargaming build their jungle theme tables. That aquarium terrain looks ace.

• LOVE IT! 1

12 hours ago, Lowki said:

355854065_Grimghast-unit1-1(1).jpg.e4138ae744d33f3c10327b6c841ba16e.jpg

Such a nice tone! Proper grimdark and spooky

11 hours ago, Eldarain said:

@Lowki Thanks. It's my table at home. These are probably the best shots of it I have on my phone.

IMG_20200516_175556~2.jpg

IMG_20200630_211245~2.jpg

These photos are just absolute max-level warhammer!Would be so cool to play a game on that table with that army. 

9 hours ago, Eldarain said:

@Kramer That sounds like a great idea. I've been on a huge nostalgia kick recently and have been reading all the WD Batreps from my childhood.

The Lustria table used in the Skrolk/GUO batrep vs Lizardmen was a real stand out.

Screenshot_20200729-162522~2.png

I would love to do a seraphon force with rainforest bases, big dinos on ziggurats etc. This Batrep is bringing back so many feels!

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

So what’s everyone’s plan for next month? 
: @Sttufe @Maxi99, @Kamose, @flamingwalnut, @hughwyeth, @Eldarain, @Kramer, @GorkaMorkaDisciple, @Kalebkhaine, @Mutant Modifier, @Lowki,

Just wanted to do small month, but I realised that I would be killed by my ambition in September. 😅 so I’m doing; decimators, converted vanguard raptors and a lord relictor.

DE93A54D-E52C-4378-86AA-6216C653C6D4.jpeg.86f6d0cec691de19a3f42b657e2df1a6.jpeg

Picture for @hughwyeth’s feels ;) 

Edited by Kramer
  • Like 3

Awesome! I am also in the building/chopping mode. I’ve spent my last half dozen hobby hours making some Tzeentch Marauders. I probably have another half dozen hours to go of filling gaps and stuff, but really looking forward to painting them! Have to find a suitable banner and make a greenstuff drum too.

My Lord of Change still needs work but the building has been a nice change of scenery. Might finish him off in September.

• Like 1

Been building Conquest minis as all the WHFB batrep nostalgia has me missing Rank and Flank.

Going to paint the humans like the Bretonnia army I never pulled the trigger on. Going for an Elder God leper cultist vibe for the Spires faction.

August's plan is still Teclis but I'll be shifting my hobby focus to Conquest after that I think.

• Like 1

Soooo...about my painting for August.  I painted up a flock of chickens!  I just never told anyone about it. 

20200803_132617.jpg.4e7e42295cc750f0beadf14c58b7f17b.jpg

I guess I figured I was not participating in an online, communal painting and hobbying group on TGA.  But I've realized my mistake.  It turns out that I AM participating in an online, communal painting and hobby group on TGA!

So for August I'ma paint these Ungors and their fluffy kitty!

20200803_132251.jpg.2abfbf2f7298e2d42aa68bea740fca43.jpg

20200803_132200.jpg.15bfc55ab09a431c540eb7f9ed2afbdc.jpg

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 3

I ended up not participating last month, because when I sprayed the minis I was intending to pledge, the undercoat furred up. This is a busy month, so I'm only attempting a single hero, but if I can get him done I'll try for something more ambitious next time. Excuse the poor picture quality, it's just a mobile snap of the model in sub-assemblies.

Spoiler

3hhu8LJ.jpg

That's a pledge of one Slaughterpriest by the end of August.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kamose said:

Soooo...about my painting for August.  I painted up a flock of chickens!  I just never told anyone about it. 

20200803_132617.jpg.4e7e42295cc750f0beadf14c58b7f17b.jpg

Absolutely love those birds!

2 hours ago, Kamose said:

I guess I figured I was not participating in an online, communal painting and hobbying group on TGA.  But I've realized my mistake.  It turns out that I AM participating in an online, communal painting and hobby group on TGA!

Yes you are!, feels great right?

Edited by Lowki

Well this is the month that it should happen or and make up for the slow month of July. I am three week off and although I won't be painting full days I guess, a few hrs a day is doable I think. Realistically I think I can either a 10 model unit, a big model, or 2-3 characters/small unit each week:

so my goal is:

- Crawlocke and his chainghast

- Kurdoss (or maybe Reikenor instead)

- GoS with Nightmare Lantern (shop anniversary model)

- unit of 10 Bladegheist Revenants 

- unit of 4 Myrmourn Banshees

Together making up for 760 points, together with the 250 done last month bringing the total at 1010 pts

That leaves 470 point for September. That might already be a challenge, and if I don't reach my goals for august, there is no doubt I have to extend it with one more month.

Will share pictures tomorrow.

• Like 2

Ahem. Hi.

So, I have nothing to show for this month. And by the looks of it? Might not have much to show for next month. I am in the process of moving and have a lot to get done. Even worse so, between the stress of all that, spending time with my local friends before going, and honestly just not being excited to actually PLAY Stormcast, I haven't had the motivation for it. I haven't even logged onto the forums here for most of the month! It's been wild, but it is what it is. 

It's a nasty case of poor timing and uncertainty. So, I am afraid, you won't be seeing much from me. The hopes is that come the end of August, when I am moved and settling in, I can get a better grasp on what I can and want to do. Might pick up this project, might just shift gears if it isn't what is sparking me anymore. Either way, I am so happy to have a forum like this and a group that wanted to get this done. You all are doing some delightful work and putting out some great models. Keep it up! I'll be cheering ya all on from the sidelines till I see what the future brings!

One of these days I'll do one of these events from start to finish without pause. lol 

• Like 2

When the GW imbalance kills my motivation I like to step back and just absorb some lore (by far why I stick around) helps me get going on hobbying again.

Not sure if you already know but all the Black Library audiobooks are on Audible and you can get your first book free and subsequent books for far less than on BL. Might get ya goin again.

4 hours ago, flamingwalnut said:

Ahem. Hi.

So, I have nothing to show for this month. And by the looks of it? Might not have much to show for next month. I am in the process of moving and have a lot to get done. Even worse so, between the stress of all that, spending time with my local friends before going, and honestly just not being excited to actually PLAY Stormcast, I haven't had the motivation for it. I haven't even logged onto the forums here for most of the month! It's been wild, but it is what it is. 

It's a nasty case of poor timing and uncertainty. So, I am afraid, you won't be seeing much from me. The hopes is that come the end of August, when I am moved and settling in, I can get a better grasp on what I can and want to do. Might pick up this project, might just shift gears if it isn't what is sparking me anymore. Either way, I am so happy to have a forum like this and a group that wanted to get this done. You all are doing some delightful work and putting out some great models. Keep it up! I'll be cheering ya all on from the sidelines till I see what the future brings!

One of these days I'll do one of these events from start to finish without pause. lol 

Real life happens. Don't worry about it. It will happen to me too the next two weeks. I’m lucky to have finished my relictor already in two evenings except for the weapon which I will swap with an axe. 

043437D8-DCCB-4000-8855-3CA1D77FBF23.jpeg.c2e373449517d379f11d20f6ace19898.jpeg

We'll be here and you can jump in any time. I second @Eldarain on the lore though. Usually get my mojo running again. 

Edited by Kramer
  • Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

So I haven't finished with (any of) the Ungors yet but I have completed the kitty.  She is named after my friend's cat, Noel.  So here is Evil Warhammer Noel.

20200806_211129.jpg.0f976792d8f25a616dd27359233742d1.jpg

She's currently hanging out at my house raising an army of evil chickens...

20200806_211254.jpg.f9cd0b2a7d915bdf7be8a4adfd74d6b3.jpg

...to overthrow my dog Chubbs.

20200617_112330.jpg.ccd0e6d1e6937eb8713eb9bb4ad52e0b.jpg

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 4