Tale of X online gamers

Kramer

On 6/24/2020 at 6:41 PM, Kramer said:

join us! 

Love to! The only thing is that I'm all about skirmish and Warcry these days, so I'm not really building a "proper" AoS army. I do have a lot of unbuilt and unpainted models I should work on, though, and this is good motivation to do that, so if you don't mind a fairly small end goal (like a Meeting Engagement force) then I'm down.

4 minutes ago, Urauloth said:

Love to! The only thing is that I'm all about skirmish and Warcry these days, so I'm not really building a "proper" AoS army. I do have a lot of unbuilt and unpainted models I should work on, though, and this is good motivation to do that, so if you don't mind a fairly small end goal (like a Meeting Engagement force) then I'm down.

You set the goal. You set the challenge. And we encourage and support. That’s the deal. 
So yeah. Definitely do that! 

• Like 2

Finished my goal for this month! Here are 3 Tzeentch Mortals to add to my small collection! I imagine they are skulking in the dark sewers and tunnels of some city, preparing the grounds for some eldritch ritual to call forth their patron deity. The cabalists differ in their interpretations of what will happen next - some think they will be elevated to paradise, some think they will be granted the power to undo past wrongs, and still others whisper apocryphal tidings of fire and ash.

A1375EEA-BDC5-4A5C-92F7-42C5FFFDCB2D.jpeg.dfefc6e4082841b01cbf0b4d83d479e6.jpeg

A hint of things for next month - perhaps the Cabalists will raise more to their cause, either for sorcery or sacrifice. Or perhaps something greater comes, borne on great wings and bearing terrible wroth, to shatter the delusions of these flimsy mortals.

In other news - the silver tower acolyte sculpts are beautiful. Super dynamic. I also like having a female acolyte from Underworlds. I think it was a missed opportunity that the regular acolyte box is a sausage fest.

Edited by Ggom
  • Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 3

On 6/27/2020 at 3:29 PM, Ggom said:

Finished my goal for this month! Here are 3 Tzeentch Mortals to add to my small collection! I imagine they are skulking in the dark sewers and tunnels of some city, preparing the grounds for some eldritch ritual to call forth their patron deity. The cabalists differ in their interpretations of what will happen next - some think they will be elevated to paradise, some think they will be granted the power to undo past wrongs, and still others whisper apocryphal tidings of fire and ash.

A hint of things for next month - perhaps the Cabalists will raise more to their cause, either for sorcery or sacrifice. Or perhaps something greater comes, borne on great wings and bearing terrible wroth, to shatter the delusions of these flimsy mortals.

In other news - the silver tower acolyte sculpts are beautiful. Super dynamic. I also like having a female acolyte from Underworlds. I think it was a missed opportunity that the regular acolyte box is a sausage fest.

Love the shading, lovely limited palette and NMM on the gold and weapons!

• Like 1

On 6/27/2020 at 4:29 PM, Ggom said:

That’s some evil, and very well painted, looking cultists. Well done. 

so for me it’s do or die tonight. Wish me luck😅

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Kramer said:

That’s some evil, and very well painted, looking cultists. Well done. 

so for me it’s do or die tonight. Wish me luck😅

May your impotent god king smile upon you and grant speed to your brush!

But in real life - make it happen Captain!

@hughwyethNice work there as always! I really like the effect you get on the armor with the swirls, and the vibrancy of your colors.

• Like 1

Wanted to pop back in for a small update. No pictures yet, but only got 2 miniatures and a bit extra in regards to miniatures I promised. May end up with a big update on Tuesday as I press everything together, INCLUDING THE WRITING! Not gonna let that slide.

This month came with all sorts of surprises. Finally decided to move at the end of the lease, so have a lot of things to tie up before I go. Also had a few evenings dedicated to helping paint store terrain, and likely more of that in the future. Then packing and planning! July will definitely be a smaller pledge and August maybe even smaller, but I have my plan solidified and my goals set, so Tuesday will be the Moment of Truth, so it were. 

Everyone else is looking great. Love to see the progress. Feel free to slip some more narrative in there, I will gladly repay in kind. :D (Meaning, I'm giving it out anyways, for all who care. lol)

• Like 2

Finally getting jobs after a corona break of two months kinda killed my productivity. But I’m very very close on finishing my challenge. Final highlights on lord arcanum, 1 pallador, 2 aetherwings and 2 palladors need some more work than that. 
BF503B12-6972-4FC6-8347-5AFCDEFEB280.jpeg.9904764a7089c27d2b0645a3386d697a.jpeg

so this is next month! 

left overs from month 1, 5 converted hunters, and 3 raptors with long strike. Crossbows. Would bring me to 740 pts if I can manage it :) 

• Like 1

My City so far. Almost all painted since we started our local version of this concept. Largest single force I've had painted (I'm a notoriously fickle painter hopping from one project to the next)

IMG_20200630_211245~2.jpg

Edited by Eldarain
  • Like 2

Whew! So, this month has been wild. I have finally accepted the idea of moving away from friends and community that I have cultivated for over 5 years. I have had surprise projects, personal revelations, and some major struggles. To keep all of this moving, and to keep to my task, did feel like an impossible call but I did it! My charge has been painted, my story has been written, and I have one step closer toward a full collection of painted minis. 

The plan going forward will change a bit as time goes on, but the core remains the same. This month is an introduction, and over the next 7 to 8 months (depending on how I handle Azyr) I will be focusing on a District of my city and the Stormcasts that watch over it. That means 8 total Stormcast characters, a host of other models to round out a list, and some Cities of Sigmar models to sprinkle in as I find the time and energy. 

The end goal list will be nebulous, as I will be aiming to paint things that honestly might never see play. What I focus on is narrative and story. I should have done the Lord Arcanum from the story here instead of the Lord Ordinator, but her model isn't done yet. Will try and get it converted for next month, but we'll see. For now, Argul Vale will be a preview of next month's focus, the Realm of Metal. 

The next 2 months will probably be smaller as the move digs in and I wrap up projects for the community down here and spend some time with my friends before I leave. But models will be done! I have loved what I have seen around here and am glad to be a part of this community. You make this hobby even better. Now, the main event, chapter 1 of this Tale of X Online Gamers and the finished models! 

Spoiler

image.png.3807a275f189801ae015a540b84eee14.png

Spoiler

529618442_LordOrd.jpg.03cfef8c6ec82485acdaa72624bc87f2.jpg

Spoiler

981721308_Sequitors1.jpg.762c22355c03f9eddf85c2ad96914987.jpg

Spoiler

738248779_Evocators1.jpg.203f793594dd726742722ee9232e7898.jpg

Spoiler

1315273866_Month1Group.jpg.62d2f888a8f2c59914839330dfcf2db1.jpg

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

15 hours ago, Eldarain said:

Thank the maker for the painting challenge. I don't particularly like painting units and this is just the kick to see them through.

IMG_20200630_210414~2.jpg

You might not like it but they look great’ you should be proud. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My goal for this month - finish a tzaangor mutant and get the main lights and shadows and colors onto big bird. I’ve probably spent 4 or 5 hours cleaning this guy and filling gaps - man there are a lot of mold lines and gaps on him

ACA13430-B6AA-4D14-AC87-D3FDD8EBC4BD.jpeg.190a9200696fd611baa99ae111af0f9d.jpeg

really looking forward to busting out the airbrush and having a play on him; I don’t airbrush much so it’s always a learning experience. Thinking of doing something really daemonic and malevolent for him - maybe underlit to emphasize his size compared to the rest of the colection. Curious to try out some colors I’ve avoided with the rest of the army too. Haven’t made up my mind if going with red for a more desaturated look will be better, or if I want togo for the pop effect of some bright magenta.

Decisions...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Ggom said:

My goal for this month - finish a tzaangor mutant and get the main lights and shadows and colors onto big bird. I’ve probably spent 4 or 5 hours cleaning this guy and filling gaps - man there are a lot of mold lines and gaps on him

ACA13430-B6AA-4D14-AC87-D3FDD8EBC4BD.jpeg.190a9200696fd611baa99ae111af0f9d.jpeg

really looking forward to busting out the airbrush and having a play on him; I don’t airbrush much so it’s always a learning experience. Thinking of doing something really daemonic and malevolent for him - maybe underlit to emphasize his size compared to the rest of the colection. Curious to try out some colors I’ve avoided with the rest of the army too. Haven’t made up my mind if going with red for a more desaturated look will be better, or if I want togo for the pop effect of some bright magenta.

Decisions...

Oh that sucks. Nothing so annoying as a lot of cleaning. And you can bet your feathery ass that on such a big model you will find more after priming 😞

I’m always struggling with getting bright colours right. So personally I would be for a more desaturated malevolent look. 
but you’re a much better painter so you do you 😂

Okay, so I have the best girlfriend ever. But she doesn’t get ‘clearing the backlog’ as a concept. 
last time I bragged that I finished all my KO and got Brokk. Now I told her about this tale of warlords challenge, and how it would clear out all my stormcast...

0C0A4AF2-701E-4EA0-A140-C4FF5CA413E6.jpeg.536b5a428f05d948c50690f542010579.jpeg

and now I’m sitting her with astreia in my lap 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

14 minutes ago, Kramer said:

Okay, so I have the best girlfriend ever. But she doesn’t get ‘clearing the backlog’ as a concept. 
last time I bragged that I finished all my KO and got Brokk. Now I told her about this tale of warlords challenge, and how it would clear out all my stormcast...

0C0A4AF2-701E-4EA0-A140-C4FF5CA413E6.jpeg.536b5a428f05d948c50690f542010579.jpeg

and now I’m sitting her with astreia in my lap 😂

I painted this when it came out, such a nice model!

1 minute ago, hughwyeth said:

I painted this when it came out, such a nice model!

Yeah it’s a really good carrot. I was already thinking of adding 3 + Lord arcanum at some point. But that has now become my ‘reward’ for when I finish the challenge.