Tale of X online gamers

Kramer

1 hour ago, Ggom said:

Wait we’re only halfway through the month right? Why does everyone sound like time is running out?

Feels later. We only have 1 full week after one and only 2 weekends left. But yeah, only a little over half. 

That said, I figured I was safe....until our shop tried to do events and I pledged to finish up/do the terrain I had lying around for them. >_< We'll see how it all plays out.

1 hour ago, Maxi99 said:

Halfway is great! Some of us have barely started...

Although losing a weekend to a&e doesn’t help!

I’m might be a bit optimistic with halfway as well. But hey, gotta perform under deadline pressure right. Only way, for me, to get some real progress done. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hughwyeth said:

That wing looks great! Now to do the other 5 :D

Haha that wing was a tester. Luckily that bird has 3 more attempts in it. Couldn’t get it right. So now I’m trying with a different set of paints for the base. 
first time using Model Color paints. 

EDIT: i suck at daring to go bright. but it’s more to what I want from it. Now it’s o combine the pink and orange and I’m happy to build it up from it to white 😁
image.jpg.5843f79826772ffb272a573b4d7a3850.jpg

Second edit: .... just realised I should do my practice wings on the bottom 😞

Edited by Kramer

1 hour ago, Kramer said:

Haha that wing was a tester. Luckily that bird has 3 more attempts in it. Couldn’t get it right. So now I’m trying with a different set of paints for the base. 
first time using Model Color paints. 

EDIT: i suck at daring to go bright. but it’s more to what I want from it. Now it’s o combine the pink and orange and I’m happy to build it up from it to white 😁
image.jpg.5843f79826772ffb272a573b4d7a3850.jpg

Second edit: .... just realised I should do my practice wings on the bottom 😞

Looking good! I'd also say a drybrush of something like a light blue over the whole wing helps make the colours blend even more and pop the colour!

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, hughwyeth said:

Looking good! I'd also say a drybrush of something like a light blue over the whole wing helps make the colours blend even more and pop the colour!

Yeah, there are no real edges on the blue part. So I’m trying to paint them in. Next layer will be roughy 70 - 30 white and blue. Maybe I’ll end up doing a slight shade to bring in depth because I started quite bright. 

11 hours ago, Kramer said:

Got the base layer set for now. Doing the other aether-wings this way. It’s good practice and have 3 more after this tale. 
38B1EBF6-50F8-4E51-8EF4-588F8EF84E0E.jpeg.583d3e9721bedcd404ca28615cc09950.jpeg

first highlights done. Trying to finish them all 3 and the graph charger tomorrow. 

Nice! Colours really work.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hughwyeth said:

Nice! Colours really work.

Thanks! Way brighter then I’m used to painting. But if these paradise birds aren’t an excuse to try to emulate Louise Sugden. I don’t know what is. 
now to paint in all this fiddly white lines she does and see if that works. :) 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Urauloth said:

Hey I'm not taking part in this thread but I just wanna say I read it all in one sitting and it's the most inspirational hobby thing I've seen all year, so thanks to everyone here. Keep it up!

You could though! It’s almost next month. And nobody will notice if you start a few days early ;) 

so join us! 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Kramer said:

You could though! It’s almost next month. And nobody will notice if you start a few days early ;) 

so join us! 

@Urauloth do it, join us!

I have to restart this month anyway due to life kinda taking over the last few weeks. So you won’t be behind :) 

• Like 2