Tale of X online gamers

Kramer

3 hours ago, Lowki said:

Happy new year everyone!

WIP:

First painting for this year, did some oil washes, the armour (on one side) and the base. Next is to mount Reikenor himself.P1030047.jpg.5d19664fc1a62c11a1a0d1760f1e344b.jpg

P1030051.jpg.3c299fd7b53da6205698bf3094e07097.jpg

P1030050.jpg.88b33dd63022812b48b6ecd012f102cb.jpg

That’s one creepy candle wearing ghost Pegasus. 
And absolutely brilliant statue on the base. Very atmospheric 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hey Everyone!

Here he is, my kitbash, completely done (until i find some touch ups!) and wanted to share a short blurb of homebrew for him :)

I hope you enjoy both as much as I have had building & painting him. I have two more waiting for their greenstuff treatment :) but first im going to flesh out this main hero of my homebrew :)

C&C welcome!

Parvat’Shakti, Honored High Warchief of Haset

“As the large Hathorian charged towards them, the Gors and Bullgors did not know how to react. At first, they thought him one of their own, for the form was that of their own, or seemed to be. Instead of patches of fur, he was covered in long thick fur that even covered part of his face, or was it a mask? They could not tell from the distance they stood, it was not until they realized that his weapon radiated with pure light and that his armor bore both Lumineth and strange symbols that he was not one of their own. With a horrendous war call, the raiding party begins their own charge at the yak-like minotaur in front of them. Before combat was met, man-sized bolts whistled down from the sky skewering a few gor and a bullgors where they stood. With a thunderous war cry of his own Parvat’Shakti, Honored High Warchief of Haset crashed into the gors as an avalanche crashes into a building. Swinging his mace, its pure piercing light energy cauterizing and melting armor that it struck. The remaining Bullgors rushed the Hathorian, almost as large as he and more in number, seeking the blood and flesh of their assailant. Parvat’Shakti raised his shield to the first one, its green crystals pulsing outwards with his own push, sending the first bullgor flying back several meters, crashing into a highland boulder. Swinging his crude axe, the second Bullgor is parried by the Honored High Warchief’s own weapon. As the bullgor raised his axe to strike the sense of pain raised through his back, and then his chest; a beam of light soon shown where the bullgors chest cavity once was. The lifeless body fell before Parvat’Shakti, blood is shown on his war mask, he again wades into the remaining beasts, none are spared.” - First Encounter of Beast of Chaos and Hathorians, outside of Iakhu, Capital of the Hathorian Nations

Parvat’Shakti, meaning “Mountain Strength” or “The Mountain’s Strength” is the personal Honored High Warchief of Haset, and the first Male Hathorian to be made by the Goddess. Created for war, Haset imbued in him all of her own combat prowess and knowledge, he is war made manifest. Since before the Age of Myth, Parvat’Shakti has commanded over the Avatar’s armies, or Folds, and has crushed many in her name.  

Over the ages many High Warchiefs have challenged the ancient Honored High Warchief for his position, and to be Haset’s personal High Warchief; they soon realize their folly. Though all-male Hathorians are bred for war, none can match Parvat’Shatki’s strength or tactical intelligence, they are soon overpowered and sent back to their own folds.

Pivotal to the battle of Tor Yriquel, Parvat’Shakti lead the charge of the Hathorian Elite Guard, The Mountain Guardians, to repel the Slaanesh war host that had been carving a path of death through Ilithia during the Spirefall. The Hathorian fold caught the Slaaneshi forces off guard, being able to hold them long enough for the remaining Ilithian forces to regroup and join back into the battle. The ferocity that the Hathorians fought with inspired the aelves, but it was Parvat’Shakti’s own martial prowess that inspired them even more. Cutting down even the largest of Slaangor, the High Warchief seemed unstoppable, it was only until a Keeper of Secrets emerged that the tide began to shift again. If it was not for the Warchief's own tactical foresight the battle would have been lost. His own forces holding back the Keeper of Secrets and elite center, allowing the Ilithian infantry to flank the weaker sides of the piercer formation of the Slaaneshi force. Enough time was bought for Haset herself to engage the greater daemon of Slaanesh, soon the village was won and the Hathorians disappeared again, like the myths of old and the new rumors circulating that are told. It would not be for another passing of Ulgu that the Hathorians and Ilithians of the region would become military allies.

20210110_083657.jpg

20210110_083732.jpg

20210110_083352.jpg

20210110_083433.jpg

20210110_083511.jpg

20210110_083546.jpg

20210110_083616.jpg

20210110_083849.jpg

20210110_083814.jpg

20210110_083929.jpg

20210110_084036.jpg

• Like 6
  • LOVE IT! 2

10 minutes ago, Sinarai said:

Hey Everyone!

Here he is, my kitbash, completely done (until i find some touch ups!) and wanted to share a short blurb of homebrew for him :)

I hope you enjoy both as much as I have had building & painting him. I have two more waiting for their greenstuff treatment :) but first im going to flesh out this main hero of my homebrew :)

C&C welcome!

Parvat’Shakti, Honored High Warchief of Haset

“As the large Hathorian charged towards them, the Gors and Bullgors did not know how to react. At first, they thought him one of their own, for the form was that of their own, or seemed to be. Instead of patches of fur, he was covered in long thick fur that even covered part of his face, or was it a mask? They could not tell from the distance they stood, it was not until they realized that his weapon radiated with pure light and that his armor bore both Lumineth and strange symbols that he was not one of their own. With a horrendous war call, the raiding party begins their own charge at the yak-like minotaur in front of them. Before combat was met, man-sized bolts whistled down from the sky skewering a few gor and a bullgors where they stood. With a thunderous war cry of his own Parvat’Shakti, Honored High Warchief of Haset crashed into the gors as an avalanche crashes into a building. Swinging his mace, its pure piercing light energy cauterizing and melting armor that it struck. The remaining Bullgors rushed the Hathorian, almost as large as he and more in number, seeking the blood and flesh of their assailant. Parvat’Shakti raised his shield to the first one, its green crystals pulsing outwards with his own push, sending the first bullgor flying back several meters, crashing into a highland boulder. Swinging his crude axe, the second Bullgor is parried by the Honored High Warchief’s own weapon. As the bullgor raised his axe to strike the sense of pain raised through his back, and then his chest; a beam of light soon shown where the bullgors chest cavity once was. The lifeless body fell before Parvat’Shakti, blood is shown on his war mask, he again wades into the remaining beasts, none are spared.” - First Encounter of Beast of Chaos and Hathorians, outside of Iakhu, Capital of the Hathorian Nations

Parvat’Shakti, meaning “Mountain Strength” or “The Mountain’s Strength” is the personal Honored High Warchief of Haset, and the first Male Hathorian to be made by the Goddess. Created for war, Haset imbued in him all of her own combat prowess and knowledge, he is war made manifest. Since before the Age of Myth, Parvat’Shakti has commanded over the Avatar’s armies, or Folds, and has crushed many in her name.  

Over the ages many High Warchiefs have challenged the ancient Honored High Warchief for his position, and to be Haset’s personal High Warchief; they soon realize their folly. Though all-male Hathorians are bred for war, none can match Parvat’Shatki’s strength or tactical intelligence, they are soon overpowered and sent back to their own folds.

Pivotal to the battle of Tor Yriquel, Parvat’Shakti lead the charge of the Hathorian Elite Guard, The Mountain Guardians, to repel the Slaanesh war host that had been carving a path of death through Ilithia during the Spirefall. The Hathorian fold caught the Slaaneshi forces off guard, being able to hold them long enough for the remaining Ilithian forces to regroup and join back into the battle. The ferocity that the Hathorians fought with inspired the aelves, but it was Parvat’Shakti’s own martial prowess that inspired them even more. Cutting down even the largest of Slaangor, the High Warchief seemed unstoppable, it was only until a Keeper of Secrets emerged that the tide began to shift again. If it was not for the Warchief's own tactical foresight the battle would have been lost. His own forces holding back the Keeper of Secrets and elite center, allowing the Ilithian infantry to flank the weaker sides of the piercer formation of the Slaaneshi force. Enough time was bought for Haset herself to engage the greater daemon of Slaanesh, soon the village was won and the Hathorians disappeared again, like the myths of old and the new rumors circulating that are told. It would not be for another passing of Ulgu that the Hathorians and Ilithians of the region would become military allies.

20210110_083657.jpg

20210110_083732.jpg

20210110_083352.jpg

20210110_083433.jpg

20210110_083511.jpg

20210110_083546.jpg

20210110_083616.jpg

20210110_083849.jpg

20210110_083814.jpg

20210110_083929.jpg

20210110_084036.jpg

That’s one beautiful yak😍

• Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

Finished Reikenor today. I am quiet happy with the result :) . When Nighthaunt was released this was my least favortie name character, but must say it was great fun to paint, and I like it much more than I originally thought.

Cost me at least a quarter of my last pot of Waywatcher green :/, damn gonna miss it when it is  empty.

P1130189.jpg.1e08086696d499044fe929ec11b386ce.jpg

P1130163.jpg.d1e69f35ca60cfb078eb7301184f7813.jpg

P1130185.jpg.11efc0e66314eb027ce82b4cad7d59cf.jpg

P1130181.jpg.0fd1ab450e4789ed20d0820256b9f8bc.jpg

Edited by Lowki
  • Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 3

On 1/1/2021 at 3:37 PM, LuminethMage said:

So in January, I’ll finish the 6 Sentinels, and the last of the Warband, which is also a Sentinel. I’ll also try to build my first 5 Alarith Stoneguard. 

So in January finished the 6 Sentinels and the Direchasm Warband, and a shot in the arm because of the awesome new models the LRL are going to get, built and primed a Stonemage and 15 Stoneguard.  

Here is a summary of all the LRL models I have done so far, and a photo of the Alarith waiting to be painted. I hope I manage the Stonemage and maybe 10 of them during February.

7D6AA503-1297-41EE-8D55-B431D1F54695.png

1BA0A8CD-63A0-4E24-8A6B-CE199130F54A.jpeg

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, LuminethMage said:

So in January finished the 6 Sentinels and the Direchasm Warband, and a shot in the arm because of the awesome new models the LRL are going to get, built and primed a Stonemage and 15 Stoneguard.  

Here is a summary of all the LRL models I have done so far, and a photo of the Alarith waiting to be painted. I hope I manage the Stonemage and maybe 10 of them during February.

7D6AA503-1297-41EE-8D55-B431D1F54695.png

1BA0A8CD-63A0-4E24-8A6B-CE199130F54A.jpeg

Doing well it seems, far better than me! I have so many smaller models to do, I keep focusing on larger ones first

Keep it up!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Next two projects: Finishing my Spirit of the Mountain & Custom Stegadon. 

Both have most of the major work done, minus their bases. 

For the Spirit, I have mainly the shoulders, knees and a few miscellaneous things to finish before moving onto the base. Her base will likely be done in the same fashion as my Avalenor base. Admittedly, the shoulder still are putting me off as im nit sure how to approach them, as in, what shade what what not to use on it (maybe just nuln?) so yeah lol just hung up a bit on her.

My Stegadon needs a few things finished on the howdah finished, such as the drums. Other than that, i believe the skinks (designed by @lostkingdomminiatures) are the last "major" part to be finished before moving onto the base itself. For the Stegadon's base, I am planning to follow suit with my Troglodon (shown as reference) and do more of a swamp/marsh feel. More straightforward than the Spirit.

I am looking forward to sharing these finished and the progress with you all! Probably be done in the first few weeks of Feb or by the end if February I hope :)

20210124_163713.jpg

20210124_163806.jpg

20210124_163845.jpg

20210124_163957.jpg

IMG_20210124_081056_004.jpg

IMG_20210124_081230_130.jpg

IMG_20210123_095201_931.jpg

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 5

Lightbox being busy continued this month, still not found the time to get Alarielle's base undercoated though it is fully built. So looks like this will spill into February too 😧

When I get a chance to get the undercoat done then I will see if I can also get some dryads undercoated along with it to start getting some of those painted. 

I suspect my pace will continue slowly for a number of reasons at current which is a shame but I'll be sure to share any progress I do make on here with you all :)

• Like 3

4 hours ago, PainfullyMediocre said:

Wow! Those models are stunning, but the bases top them off perfectly! Where did you get the jungle plants from?

Thank you! Its fun to see the level of skill through them all: The Troglodon was my third model ever painted, probably about a month or less aftrr I started painting he was done. The Custom Stegadon (including howdah) is probably about 5 or so months in, and although the Troglodon in some ways is a better paint job, the Stegadon definitely highlights better brush control and a few other things that i gained since painting the Trog. The Spirit of the Mountain, well, is obviously the most recent lol and shows how much Ive come from both of the other models (I'd argue there's a vast difference between my Spirit and my Avalenor even). 

The bases definitely top them off, ive beem trying to do better with my hades as I've really have slacked on them in the past, so trying to "up that game", to use the parlance of our times. My Troglodon's new base is exactly what it deserved from the beginning. 

Jungle plants were from Amazon, the cattails and tree were from Hobby lobby, i bought them a long time ago though, not sure i have the boxes anymore.

Plants: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BP71J91/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I also bought bamboo as apparently they also grow in swamp/marsh lands and could be a nice Lumineth plant:https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075WQ16M9/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

These were my original first two bases for this Troglodon, the first was from my original homebrew for my Cohort called, "The Cohort of Poisonous Mists"... as you can see, I made super thick mist/clouds for my early units. It then evolved to a Spawning/Sacred pool

Screenshot_20210128-112204_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20210128-112102_Instagram.jpg

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

So, my Spirit if the mountain is in the shelf, it's frustrating me.

Instead i started a GW Stegadon, it was a gift from my GF last Christmas, and i wasnt sure how to go about it until now

Im considering the Stegadon done, now to do the howdah :) needs to be cleaned, but yeah :)

calling it the, "Engine of Tepok", using the original Warhammer Coatl on top of the engine, I think its going to look great when done, hoping mid Feb.

Pic of my two Stegadon's together :)

let me know if you all want me to stop posting Seraphon stuff lol just taking a small break from Lumineth atm and the Seraphon sub forum isnt super active in the same way as this one

20210131_214011.jpg

20210130_010501.jpg

20210130_010603.jpg

20210130_011009.jpg

20210130_010819.jpg

Edited by Sinarai
Spelling
  • Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 2