Tale of X online gamers

Kramer

Finally I can report some progress again. The last theree months weren't the best hobby-wise. But with the cvhristmas holidays, I finaaly got some time again for my biggest hobbies which is my family and these little friends. 

Finally finsihed my blade revenants:

PC260020.jpg.821197ce31d69fd2a5da4e6efc4d37eb.jpg

PC260017.jpg.a488d31d2ff821a60ca04a9ce59e0f10.jpg

PC260016.jpg.3f32865c0eaa49b4c18dbf34f91dc74e.jpg

PC260018.jpg.179193b884206a9a14e1b9697410a2e3.jpg

PC260019.jpg.f2e88674eb99f211db2e0ee832f518e0.jpg

PC260015.jpg.de58543acbe605cc4a9cced0c1b83745.jpg

Edited by Lowki
  • Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 3

On 11/29/2020 at 8:17 PM, Eldarain said:

I love it both conceptually and what you've already done but I do think as is it's too much to share the base with right now.

If not an objective, what about using it as one of the Endless Spells?

Indeed! Sorry its taken so long yo respond lol I have since then turned it into a marker, its quite top heavy though, so Need to find a weight to put in the base itself. A small washer should do, well see what I can find!

After a few months, Haset is finally finished :)

Really Pleased with her, she definitely came out better than I was thinking she would. My favorite part is probably her mask and green armor bits. She reminds me of a storm in the background of Cherry Blossoms, or something. 

Hoping to now work on her homebrew and then slowly the Hathorians!

I also have an even bigger kitbash planned for my Lumineth for 2021 :)

20201226_220406.jpg

20201226_220501.jpg

20201226_220518.jpg

20201226_220539.jpg

20201226_220612.jpg

20201226_220639.jpg

20201226_220706.jpg

20201226_220756.jpg

20201226_220833.jpg

20201226_222100.jpg

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 2

2 hours ago, Lowki said:

Love it!! All these shades of blue of  feathers and fur, and it looks so soft and furry...almost like a plush toy. make me wanna touch it ;). How did you manage to get that effect?

Thank you very much : ). Part of it is the model, it looks a bit like that.

The wings are painted according to the Warhammer Tutorial for Aetherwings (lower parts) and Kairos Fateweaver (upper parts). The body is a bit difficult o say. I used Maccrage Blue and Nightshade, and then wanted to dry brush with Ferinsian, but had still the blue from the wings on the brush by accident. That looked pretty cool so I kept it, but had to use different light blues and greys afterwards because I couldn’t replicate it... . But you can get the same effect just by using different colours (I think I did two dry brush colours and two highlights) because of how the model is build. 

I looked at an Instagram picture of someone who made Celennar look really fluffy (much better than my result) using the official scheme. That helped my with applying the highlights. It just took a longe time : ). I’m happy that it comes across a bit like that. Teclis has been by far the model I’ve put in the most effort so far. 

I just tried to find that fluffy picture  you, but couldn’t, sorry. There are so many Teclis pictures now. But, I’m not a good painter, you can definitely do this at least as good. The. Orel really helps : ).

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Lowki said:

good job, that makes you the first to finish your tale right?

For me it will take at least one more month, but with the finish at sight, I start thinking also about the next thing. Funny that it probably looks much the same as yours. Couldn't resist the latest Warcry warbands, so ordered a bunch (the first plastic I  purchase this year), but like you I also have an Ogre army waiting for me to be painted.

Aint we just soul mates 😂
This was a good reminder. Tomorrow I’m basing them. It’s dumb to stop that close to the finish line. 

Regarding Warcry. Having so much fun with it. Really enjoy painting different things. My idoneth warband is the brightest and blue’est group of models I ever painted. And already I’m painting my first Orruk test model. Never painted a green skin before. 
And the gaming is also fun. Had three games now. I’m getting convinced I need to get some OG warbands for pick up games though. So that’s next after the orruk warband. Even painted terrain this month. 
2DC8DFC8-D70B-437E-9EBE-FC02446DC623.jpeg.9b335110e15dc183dedaee7b2e9eeb6f.jpeg

EC98FF14-82D5-41E3-8377-F0FFE8CB1174.jpeg.1919dccccf49d3a461157b439832f0ee.jpeg

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Lowki said:

You have such a distinctive style of painting and color scheme. Bet from 100 photo's I would easily pick out yours.

You got a big fan here :)

That's very kind of you to say. I absolutely adore your grim ghosts to the point I consider buying some everytime you post more.

I have been in a real slump this month and this small gesture really meant the world to me. I painted more today than the rest of the month as a direct result.

Thank you.

• Thanks 1

@Kramer Exactly how I feel about Underworlds. I really enjoy painting different models (even if it’s still Lumineth), and the game is fun. Have been playing a game or two almost every day with my wife since I bought it. Even brought her somewhat into the game at large, she is painting her Sylvaneth band. The first thing ever for Warhammer that we bought for her. 

If they ever release a Lumineth Warcry band I’ll also look into that (besides the “normal” one we have already). Looks fun and playing something which can be set up relatively easy and be done with in an hour or so has advantages : ) 

Finished painting two of the 4. 

D9C11E15-39DA-420D-8DDB-17E9A8EBAAD5.jpeg

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 2

50 minutes ago, LuminethMage said:

If they ever release a Lumineth Warcry band I’ll also look into that (besides the “normal” one we have already). Looks fun and playing something which can be set up relatively easy and be done with in an hour or so has advantages : ) 

Well you can play the whole Lumineth army (except Teclis, the hollow suit, and the big cow monsters) in Warcry. And those sylvaneth she's painting all have rules as well. If you buy the Sentinals of Order book. You have the rules, and quests for both. The only thing you really need thenis the core rulebook if you have terrain already. Then you're ready to go. But working through the catacombs book... it's much better value then I thought. But a big investment regardless of value. 

55 minutes ago, LuminethMage said:

inished painting two of the 4. 

D9C11E15-39DA-420D-8DDB-17E9A8EBAAD5.jpeg

What I like more about it then Underworlds is that its more freeform in its movement. And therefore closer to a wargame. But those look amazing. Maybe a small lumineth warband then..... #ICaveTooEasy

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Kramer said:

Well you can play the whole Lumineth army (except Teclis, the hollow suit, and the big cow monsters) in Warcry. And those sylvaneth she's painting all have rules as well. If you buy the Sentinals of Order book. You have the rules, and quests for both. The only thing you really need thenis the core rulebook if you have terrain already. Then you're ready to go. But working through the catacombs book... it's much better value then I thought. But a big investment regardless of value. 

What I like more about it then Underworlds is that its more freeform in its movement. And therefore closer to a wargame. But those look amazing. Maybe a small lumineth warband then..... #ICaveTooEasy

Thank you. Sounds good. I’ll probably end up buying it in the end : ) 

Well december has been slow for multiple reasons... especially the recent addition of skaven to my collection of armies... whoops

Buuut the hermit crab is now ready for round 1 of airbrushing to put some colourful markings upon the limbs. Then it will be ready the shell with a glossy black to airbrush my colour shift paints onto.

20201228_163756.jpg

• Like 4

On 12/27/2020 at 9:25 PM, Kramer said:

Regarding Warcry. Having so much fun with it. Really enjoy painting different things. My idoneth warband is the brightest and blue’est group of models I ever painted. And already I’m painting my first Orruk test model. Never painted a green skin before. 
And the gaming is also fun. Had three games now. I’m getting convinced I need to get some OG warbands for pick up games though. So that’s next after the orruk warband. Even painted terrain this month. 

yes, same for me. Painting nighthaunt for over a year now, it is  getting a bit boring tbh.  Seeing so many inspirational painting here and elsewhere on the forum, I can hardly wait to try something new, with different, maybe a bit more original paintschemes. Warcry seems to be perfect to try several different factions, without having to complete full armies which would take me years. For the same reason I also collected a fair amount of Underworld warbands, but as you yyou say, as a game, I think I find warcry more interesting. 

How is the Catacomb box?. I resisted the temptation  to buy it, mostly because a good part of the box seems to be similar to the original starterset. So I ordered the warbands separtely now. The rulebook is the same right? Must say, the idea of a bit of a dungeon crawler setup looks interesting to me, seeing your picture kinda makes me regret that I didn't buy it afterall. 

On 12/28/2020 at 7:01 AM, Eldarain said:

That's very kind of you to say. I absolutely adore your grim ghosts to the point I consider buying some everytime you post more.

I have been in a real slump this month and this small gesture really meant the world to me. I painted more today than the rest of the month as a direct result.

Thank you.

Thank you very much!!, I cannot think of a bigger compliment than that:),

likewise the positive feedback and kind words, are definately that little extra push forward for me to break the many deadlocks I have in the process of painting an army. I was never so close finishing an army, and I am 100% sure that wouldn't be the case without TGA and this thread in particular.

On 12/29/2020 at 7:51 PM, Lightbox said:

And now the initial airbrush for the limb markings is done, including a few little white specs for decorarion too.

Next step is to get the main shell done. Happy to finally see this project coming along this much :)

20201229_184932.jpg

Looking great, really interesting concept. Never realized that the sylvaneth so much resembles creatures of the sea  with the right conversions.

Edited by Lowki
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Lowki said:

WIP on Reikenor. Basecoating done.

I let go the idea to finish it before end of the year, dont want to rush things. But shouldn't take to long from now. And then just Kurdoss, and five Reapers  left to complete my tale.

PC300038.jpg.3e72775f784521d02753449094968ba5.jpg 

That looks spectacular! Very spooky : ), and the red is great. 

• Thanks 1

Happy New Year everyone! I didn’t manage to finish all that I pledged, because the new Underworlds Warband kept me busy. Takes me so long to paint one of those models. 

I only painted 9 of the 15 Sentinels, and 3 of the Warband. Just finished Ailenn, the Blademaster. 

So in January, I’ll finish the 6 Sentinels, and the last of the Warband, which is also a Sentinel. I’ll also try to build my first 5 Alarith Stoneguard. 

C9678E71-1AD8-4FF4-96F3-A555277AD7FC.jpeg

• Like 4

So due to a busy and difficult december this little guy has slipped into January which is a shame but on the bright side he's coming along well! Got the various bits of plantlife and foliage on him to do but otherwise we're certainly nearing the end :) (just don't ask about where I am with the base...)

20210101_200603.jpg

20210101_200611.jpg

• Like 1

Glad to see this topic still going. Realized I kinda dropped off the whole forums for a few months there. Hope things are going well, love the paintjobs I see! (Makes me almost want Lumineth, then my rage against Teclis and dwarf pride comes barreling in. lol)

Keep it up, friends! Look forward to seeing more progress! 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, flamingwalnut said:

Glad to see this topic still going. Realized I kinda dropped off the whole forums for a few months there. Hope things are going well, love the paintjobs I see! (Makes me almost want Lumineth, then my rage against Teclis and dwarf pride comes barreling in. lol)

Keep it up, friends! Look forward to seeing more progress! 

Keep a hold of the dwarve  pride! Can’t let them fancy pants pointy ears win. 
GW is just waiting with the dispossessed dwarfs because they know we can endure ;) 

10 hours ago, Lightbox said:

So due to a busy and difficult december this little guy has slipped into January which is a shame but on the bright side he's coming along well! Got the various bits of plantlife and foliage on him to do but otherwise we're certainly nearing the end :) (just don't ask about where I am with the base...)

20210101_200603.jpg

20210101_200611.jpg

It already looks so cool. really enjoying the work in progress pics and not just seeing the end result. 

• Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 2