Tale of X online gamers

Kramer

1 hour ago, Kramer said:

As this is the only Morathi spoiler free part of the forum I’ll be going for some tga goodness here until Saturday 😂

im finishing my lord aquilor tonight! (I hope) 

BE0571FB-7DAC-45A0-AAD0-DA8499FF052B.jpeg.d6f6301458ed007250780d3df87d38f2.jpeg

then only the lord arcanum left and after some basing my Stormcast tale is compleet 💪

Lookin real good! I too have been avoiding spoilers lol

Looking forward to seeing more

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Sinarai said:

Lookin real good! I too have been avoiding spoilers lol

Looking forward to seeing more

Yeah the pre order reviews really kill the day one surprise. Still plenty of times I enjoyed the early reviews and based a purchase  on it. So can’t complain. 

just doesn’t work for me with such a narrative release. 

• Like 1

So, not a whole lot to update you on, but I do have a few things :)

Haset hasn't had a lot done on her, she has however had some of her Chalice of Shadows worked on a bit, base shadowing :)

She is also seen here with my two WIP gemini orbs, one representing Light & the other Shadow!

"When Light & Shadow come together, there isn't anything one cannot accomplish. For Light & Shadow draw their power from one another, and when a balance is found and true discipline reached... Light & Shadow consume all" - Haset, Primordial Goddess of Hysh and master of both Light & Shadow speaking to her twin in Ulgu.

Probably the most exciting thing on the list is my new kitbash, a Long Horned Pegasus for my Dawnrider Steedmaster! I had some left over Phoenix wings that were already chopped up + a left over horn from the Stegadon kit... and I just love to kitbash lol I think itll be a fun project.

IMG_20201109_112302_976.jpg

20201109_111711.jpg

20201109_191021.jpg

• Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 4

As it is WIP Wednesday I figure I'll post a small update :)

I've decided that for now I won't be working on the Hathorians, I am going to fashion fur for them and that is going to take time. Instead, I'll be working on my kitbashed Steedmaster and Haset, I think I can finish the Steedmaster for sure this month and have Haset mostly done by the end of the month also.

here's progress on the Steedmaster, I've started with the wings. Still working out the absolute final idea, but snowy/a grey with stripes is the direction atm.

IMG_20201111_112321_236.jpg

Screenshot_20201111-120315_Pinterest.jpg

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

• 2 weeks later...
58 minutes ago, LuminethMage said:

I’ve mostly been painting Teclis, but also worked on my Cathallar. She’s finished besides the base. The Cathallar is probably my favorite unit of the Lumineth. Back to Teclis.... 

56D12C90-8BFD-45E4-879F-7EC2BEAE4CFA.jpeg

I really enjoy the white of the dress and veil,  the shading within it adds nice depth, I also think the pink is a smart color to compliment it. Also really enjoy the smoke coming out of the chalice. Well done, look forward to the base

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, LuminethMage said:

I’ve mostly been painting Teclis, but also worked on my Cathallar. She’s finished besides the base. The Cathallar is probably my favorite unit of the Lumineth. Back to Teclis.... 

56D12C90-8BFD-45E4-879F-7EC2BEAE4CFA.jpeg

Such a great model when you nail the shadows. Amazing work 😍

• Thanks 1

Well, I'll be honest, this month has really been a recharge month, I haven't done much of any painting. A lot of projects back to back and starting 3 large & detailed projects ontop of that... just needed a break

With that said, I did do a first mock fit of the floating Island I am/was planning to use for my Spirit of the Mountain's base. The Island I love (still WIP) but I'm starting to worry if its too much and maybe it'd be better off as an objective marker (I am planning to make themed markers anyway)?

What are people's thoughts on said Island and it being apart of the base or as a marker? On the base itself I am planning a large river running under the island, much like my Avalenor has which will tie in the island more. Does it steal the show?

20201129_130718.jpg

20201129_130752.jpg

20201129_130834.jpg

20201129_131309.jpg

20201129_131411.jpg

• Like 10

So, how is everyone coming along? 

I'm proceeding at a slow snails pace with Teclis and Celennar. I expected it to take some time, but it is still taking longer than I thought. I hope I can finish them within this week. That and the Cathallar, and two Sentinels (all still missing bases) is all I've managed this month. 

But Celennar is finally almost  looking how I wanted him to (within my painting skill limits). I'm finally on the base. 

IMG_7993.jpg

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 3

I finally finished (for now at least) Teclis & Celennar. The photo is not the best (and nor is the paint job), but it’s the best I can do right now. And came out pretty much as I wanted to. 

For December I pledge to finish the rest of the models for my 2,000 points list, which means the last 15 Sentinels. 

2A966503-F1EB-481D-A46E-E48B4874BC95.jpeg

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 4

My pledge for this month is: base the last models and take a army picture. 

thereby closing my tale for now. 
I’m so distracted with Warcry warbands that I need to finish this project.  On the other hand I’m likely to start a new one in January for my Ogors to rebase and touch up to a new level. 

• LOVE IT! 2

So they're literally a month late but I finally got some paint on my kurnoths! (In my defence they're so late partly due to issues trying to undercoat them)

Unfortunately volpus pink does not go great with the root like detailing on the kurnoths, it ends up looking kinda streaky due to how it darkens the recesses! Gonna try adding a pink drybrush to them to see if that will smooth it out a touch. (May be the same on all my sylvaneth but mostly noticeable on these guys as they're like all pink unlike the more fleshy spites) Other than that I need to do their bases and the little seed pods in their stomachs.

Hopefully for december I can try and get sime dryads or something done, but I'm hesitant to make a pledge till something is undercoated at least, as then it'll totally be down to me deadline wise (also gargants keep distracting me)

20201208_115018.jpg

Edit: Now I'm learning how to airbrush I might even be able to have a crack at Alarielle's giant crab.

Edited by Lightbox
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/4/2020 at 1:01 PM, LuminethMage said:

I finally finished (for now at least) Teclis & Celennar. The photo is not the best (and nor is the paint job), but it’s the best I can do right now. And came out pretty much as I wanted to. 

For December I pledge to finish the rest of the models for my 2,000 points list, which means the last 15 Sentinels. 

2A966503-F1EB-481D-A46E-E48B4874BC95.jpeg

Love it!! All these shades of blue of  feathers and fur, and it looks so soft and furry...almost like a plush toy. make me wanna touch it ;). How did you manage to get that effect?

• Thanks 1

On 12/5/2020 at 12:51 AM, Eldarain said:

Took a picture to share and thought it looked like a family photo so:

Happy Holidays Tale of X gamers from the Gloomspites!

PXL_20201204_190058541~2.jpg

You have such a distinctive style of painting and color scheme. Bet from 100 photo's I would easily pick out yours.

You got a big fan here :)

Edited by Lowki

On 11/30/2020 at 1:05 AM, Sinarai said:

Well, I'll be honest, this month has really been a recharge month, I haven't done much of any painting. A lot of projects back to back and starting 3 large & detailed projects ontop of that... just needed a break

With that said, I did do a first mock fit of the floating Island I am/was planning to use for my Spirit of the Mountain's base. The Island I love (still WIP) but I'm starting to worry if its too much and maybe it'd be better off as an objective marker (I am planning to make themed markers anyway)?

What are people's thoughts on said Island and it being apart of the base or as a marker? On the base itself I am planning a large river running under the island, much like my Avalenor has which will tie in the island more. Does it steal the show?

20201129_130718.jpg

Bit late for an answer, but for what is worth, I agree with the others. I think it looks great, and would make aperfect scenery  that fits in with the models, but think that it is indeed a bit big for the base, it distacts to much, even blocking teh view on the amazing model.

On 12/6/2020 at 6:17 AM, Kramer said:

My pledge for this month is: base the last models and take a army picture. 

thereby closing my tale for now. 
I’m so distracted with Warcry warbands that I need to finish this project.  On the other hand I’m likely to start a new one in January for my Ogors to rebase and touch up to a new level. 

good job, that makes you the first to finish your tale right?

For me it will take at least one more month, but with the finish at sight, I start thinking also about the next thing. Funny that it probably looks much the same as yours. Couldn't resist the latest Warcry warbands, so ordered a bunch (the first plastic I  purchase this year), but like you I also have an Ogre army waiting for me to be painted.

Edited by Lowki