Tale of X online gamers

Kramer

So, my update for September. Looking at the previous photo, I’ve 

- finished painting the 30 Warden (mainly shields and a few bases)

- finished painting the 5 Dawnrider (Painted 2, the shields and bases). By Teclis, I’m really happy those are done. 

- assembled 15 Sentinels (and only primed 14 for some weird reason). And painted 2 of them (Except for the bases) 

- assembled the Cathallar and 2 Endless Spells. 

My goal for October is to finish 10 Seninels and Eltharion, because that would mean that I have my 1,000 trial list done. If I can do more, it would be more Sentinels, the Twinstones and  the Cathallar in that order.

And here are some photos: All the finished models, everything I’ve done  (besides the two Endless Spells because someone must have dispelled them while I was taking the photo), and the five Dawnrider, to celebrate that those are done. I also have to look into how make better photos.... 

C3D9DE3E-31E0-4884-8D72-4CCEB2D4D020.jpeg

0C8D7813-F4DC-4BAE-A0F7-0CD2A8DD8C51.jpeg

5B92CA4E-BD62-4035-B67B-A441FBBB2439.jpeg

• Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 4

My 5 spites and 1 arch revenant I managed for september. Going away for a week, will post a new pledge when I get back! Probably going to be drycha and 5 more spites.

20201002_133903.jpg

20201002_133935.jpg

20201002_133926.jpg

20201002_133917.jpg

Technically still need to do the base rims but focusing on getting models painted first really.

Edited by Lightbox
  • Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

• 2 weeks later...

Halfway point quickly approaching. I've managed to build my entry so procrastination hasn't completely killed my forward momentum. Got distracted and raided the Pile of Shame to get a Chariot with parts from 7 different kits. *EDIT: I am having far too much fun with this.

PXL_20201013_032235397.NIGHT~2.jpg

PXL_20201016_014607493~2.jpg

Edited by Eldarain
  • Like 7
  • LOVE IT! 3

Today I finished painting my first 1,000 points of Lumineth. Really happy that I was able to keep going so far. To get to 2,000 I need to paint Teclis (gulp), 20 more Sentinels (archers), a Cathaller and the Twinstone Endless Spell. Teclis will be last. 

So I have finished my October goal. 20 Sentinels and the Cathallar are the next goal. 

IMG_7899.jpg

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 5

Wonderful work LM. Seeing them all together must be very satisfying. The scheme looks great and the blades and crystals set it off beautifully. Put plenty of time aside for the Illuminator as that kit is loaded with detail and varied materials.

Edited by Eldarain
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Eldarain said:

Wonderful work LM. Seeing them all together must be very satisfying. The scheme looks great and the blades and crystals set it off beautifully. Put plenty of time aside for the Illuminator as that kit is loaded with detail and varied materials.

Thank you. I'm happy that the blades and crystals worked out pretty well in the end. That was what took me longest. And thanks for the warning! I still have around 200 left, so hopefully sufficient. Takes a long time to get them to where I live. 

22 minutes ago, Meraklis said:

@LuminethMage congratulations on reaching 1000! these look trully fantastic! How long did it take you to reach this point?

Thank you very much, most of the credit goes to the models : ).

I begann at the end of June, buying 3 of the army boxes (received them around June 22). So, ca. 4 months altogether. I really spent almost every fee minute I had on painting them. I think without the COVID situation right now, I couldn’t have done half of it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, LuminethMage said:

Today I finished painting my first 1,000 points of Lumineth. Really happy that I was able to keep going so far. To get to 2,000 I need to paint Teclis (gulp), 20 more Sentinels (archers), a Cathaller and the Twinstone Endless Spell. Teclis will be last. 

So I have finished my October goal. 20 Sentinels and the Cathallar are the next goal. 

IMG_7899.jpg

Congratulations they look amazing and 1K is quite a milestone! Well done. 
how are they to build. They look quite fiddley

• Like 2

I want to give them a once over for clean up, basing and eyes. But otherwise I finally finished my September goal. 

image.jpg.c20aa302a5ac43286cd34475a94f368b.jpg

with more anti COVID rules being put in place I’m likely to get some more time to paint next month. 
so my goal for this month is convert and prepare everything to get to 2K. So I can paint them in November. 
that’s: 3 longstrikes, 3 aether wings, 3 palladors and the lord aquilor. 

Edited by Kramer
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Kramer said:

Congratulations they look amazing and 1K is quite a milestone! Well done. 
how are they to build. They look quite fiddley

Thank you Kramer. The Dawnriders are pretty rough to build (at least for a relative beginner/returner like me). The Warden and Sentinel pieces fit quite well, so they aren’t that bad. But yes, because there are many small parts, you have to be careful, also when cutting the parts off of the sprue, it’s easy to cut off something tiny which was supposed to be part of the model. 

For me the Dawnrider standard was the worst fiddly part. The bow strings also brake quite easily, but can be re-glued without much problems. I personally was lucky with the pikes, none broke so far.  

But all in all, I think if you are used to building these models, besides the Dawnriders you won’t experiences too many problems, I think. 

Love the coulorful  Aetherwings! 

@Meraklis sorry overlooked your post - would have been the same for me with any other army I think. I really love the Lumineth, it’s as if someone was in my head and put everything I like into that faction (and added some stuff I didn’t know I’d like, like bovine spirits and hammer elves). 

Edited by LuminethMage
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Meraklis said:

@Kramer

Which stormhost are you painting? 

Sons of Mallus. I bought a cheap bundle of stormcast because I wanted to try painting black armour and their backstory fitted the best. The Birds and Gryph-houds are quite bright just to have some contrast in the army. Now building towards a Vanguard wing army as I like those models the most, and it's a nice tricky 2k list now. 

2 hours ago, LuminethMage said:

Love the coulorful  Aetherwings! 

Thanks! it was a great experiment to paint that bright. Won't be doing it soon again 😅

• Haha 1

Getting my build on...

New longstrike champion. next one will have the bird on a branch and then I’m outta ideas where to put it 😂

A1CB2835-6CF6-4D39-AB1F-1FAA3F075752.jpeg.6ad9ddd4b006433fe77bc468ba8b6159.jpeg

Lord aquilor, need to find something to balance that axe out. A mace head or something on the end of the handle. 

F11EC2EF-3B41-428E-9D6F-2EB668BEBD3E.jpeg.d6fc56fae840f81fbd2a3bed0645d614.jpeg

and arcanum on soon to be (black) panther. and yes if your stormhost is famous for their decimators you get an axe. You get an axe. Everybody gets an axe!

6F12997F-580B-400B-8249-67A8E6F1CC63.jpeg.ee8b712a574f85bc1f89489ee06bd510.jpeg

1FE923A4-92AD-4055-93FD-BD4E70A2B9AF.jpeg.34fe2e9d511f5b27be493e0701414f57.jpeg

• Like 4

On ‎10‎/‎16‎/‎2020 at 3:12 PM, hughwyeth said:

Finally had some time to make some progress! Had a month and a bit of a lot of work with no hobby time, but this week i had enough time to finish 1 of my 3 skyfires!

DSCF8896.jpg

DSCF8897.jpg

DSCF8900.jpg

DSCF8901.jpg

IMG_20201016_111028.jpg

IMG_20201016_121835.jpg

Looks great in every details. That Disc is simply amazing, same for the colors used, and the how they blend in

• Like 1