Warcry - Slaanesh Discussion

Lhurgoyf

Hey there,

Couldn't help but notice we don't have a Slaanesh discussion thread yet. I've been playing them a lot, and I think they're pretty fun. Fiends and Daemonettes are solid units and work well together, but there's some mounted units in there you can run in a thematic force as well, and they've all got great movement. I made a faction rundown video for them in case anyone's on the fence about taking them for a spin.

• 2 weeks later...

No problem! I'm a door-to-door Fiend salesman.

Fiends have survivability that the rest of the warband doesn't. Their double ability also lets you lock down a fighter with no disengage. So you can double move onto your opponent's best fighter and force it to waste two turns attacking a tank unit, when it would rather spend its time mowing down your fragile daemonettes. That ability is also nice in treasure missions and hunter-killer missions. None of the fast units have impressive damage per points except for our leaders, so usually if a seeker or hellstrider runs up to a target unit they'll have a little slap fight before the target disengages and leaves. Fiends using Crushing Grip can stop them from getting away.

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

I like to run a Daemonette heavy list, with an Alluress leading them and a Fiend for added meat.

Fiends have a nice pool of hp and aren't bad at dishing out the hurt. The larger base size can be a pain, but its size can also draw attention away from your Daemonettes and can be used to block enemy models in bad spots.

I like to play for crits with Slaanesh - so more 'nettes = more activations = more chances for juicy sixes.

When i look at everything, I see daemonettes are doing the most damage per point. They are the cheapest unit and hit just as hard as everything else. Also you can buff them up to 2/5, which you can't do with fiends. Our quad ability is a real shame and I wish it was either add dice value to crits instead of half dice value. I wonder what the math works out for bonus attack and move vs half dice on crits. Also str 3 and t3 on fiends was a really weird choice, they should've been s4 and t4 I feel.