Cities of Sigmar 1000 point

Cahir

Hello,

so I mostly play 40K (and Kill Team, Warcry, WHU...) but there's a growing number of AoS players in our local community. A lot of them are saying 1K points is actually really cool in AoS - very dynamic and fun. Now I do play Warcry and WHU a lot but the idea that I can field combine forces of humans, aelves and dwarves sounds really cool to me. Also, I don't think I will have a chance to play Freeguild in Warcry (in the end, why would they go to the Eightpoints, they're just defending their cities...).

I put together an army list which is by no means competitive, just for fun and there was only one condition: it had to contain all three races!

Hammerhal

Freeguild General
Battlemage
10 Greatswords
20 Handgunners

Warden King
10 Hammerers

Sorceress
10 Shadow Warriors
That's 1000 points

I just need it to be functional and don't want to get wrecked every game. Handgunners, when properly buffed, can hit and wound on 2+, Greatswords are great bodyguards and should defend/ counterattack anything that threatens the Handgunners. Hammerers with Warden King and his Grudge can really hit hard... The obvious weakness is low survivability - everything has only one wound a no better than 4+ save... I could mitigate that a little bit with my two mages - their combined forces equals -2 to hit rolls for the enemy which should help... As for Shadow Warrior, they should just help me with better board presence and control... What do you think?

• Like 1

I really like the alliance standard of needing all three races. :D

My thoughts are that it seems a good list (Hammerhal really benefits Freeguild & Dark Covens so good job) but shouldn't your Sorceress lead a Coven unit so she can use her sacrifice ability for a power boost? In small games that could be a game changer.

Otherwise I agree with the low hit-point army weakness and wonder if you should take some tanky units like a Runelord with Ironbreakers for a duardin wall against both steel & magic which could free up your aelf choice like for an Assassin(which makes your shadow warriors battleline).

Yeah, Sorceress is definitely better with other Darkling Coven options, i just added her because of the survivability of the army... But I'm not sure any of the Dark Aelves can substitute Shadow Warriors when it comes the board presence and universality... 

You're also right with Ironbreakers and Runelord, I just got carried away with how good can even 10 Hammerers with Warden King be. They will wreck almost anything. But only if they attack first of course, as they're more of a glass canon and slow one on top of that...

Maybe ditch the aelf hero and get a Soulscream bridge?

That could work, gets them into combat quickly so they're more effective instead of slogging it.

And yeah the shadow warriors are worth their weight in points so I can't blame you there. Maybe fill your aelf quota by giving the battlemage an aelf head and fluffing him as an Eldritch Council member that switched wizardry councils to the human one. ;)

12 hours ago, Cahir said:

Yeah, Sorceress is definitely better with other Darkling Coven options, i just added her because of the survivability of the army... But I'm not sure any of the Dark Aelves can substitute Shadow Warriors when it comes the board presence and universality... 

You're also right with Ironbreakers and Runelord, I just got carried away with how good can even 10 Hammerers with Warden King be. They will wreck almost anything. But only if they attack first of course, as they're more of a glass canon and slow one on top of that...

Maybe ditch the aelf hero and get a Soulscream bridge?

If you are going for the soulscream bridge as such an essential part of definitely keep the sorceress but give her a darkling concerns retinue to sacrifice. That plus 2 to cast can make all the difference. 

• Like 1

@Cahir if it helps this is my 1,5k list I'm about to rebase. I also wanted to mix the races together. I'll list why I think this is a fun list imo. 

423257472_Screenshot2020-05-16at13_06_17.png.a1d159107666b28b2f47cf3159654a89.png

I chose living cities because movement shenanigans are great in AoS. Fun to do and extremely useful if you want to win. 
I chose the Dreadlord on Dragon for a tanky hero. Should have a crossbow though, so it can threaten to turn one charge. And very cool model :) 
Only thing I struggle with is making him the general. The adjutant rule is so thematic and useful... but that command trait is wasted on one of the foot hero's. 

The dwarf detachment are Irondrakes. They epitomise everything dwarven for me. Big technological advanced weapons, thick gromgril armour and they get better if they don't move. I went for a runelord as a leader of the dwarf because his buffs don't need another command point.  I also thought about warden king with hammerers but then who will be the ranged threat, and his buff costs another command point. 

Executioners have become a bit more horde than i'd like but I love the old metal models and in 20 they have quite the melee punch still. Sorceress for run and charge support and shouting words fo pain everywhere. 

The humans bring some screens in 2x10 handgunners. Which I really like for this job. And 10 Greatswords as a smaller second hammer unit. General is nice as it can buff all three units in one go.  

• Like 1