Warcry - Lumineth discussion

Kramig

The triple of the lady is strong imo

Cavalry has the usual charge ability

High sentinel seems meh to me

Double ability of spearmen is interesting

Hammers: the only with str4, but mov 3 is too low for elves

Generally they have low strength; res 4 is middle range; they have not much life points. The cost is not high, but looking at the stats it could be even high... 

I think this force has way too many Heroes (ironic, considering the lamentation in the Lumineth board...) While I would love to have a stone mage in my army, I don't see which leader would be the best either. The one that leaps out to me the most is the High Sentinel with adding an extra attack, but he is not exactly the best in Close combat. The Steedmaster looks to be pretty competent in combat with a good strength, is fast, and can attack up to 2 inches which makes him a lot tougher than other units based on forcing activation to get to him.  The stone mage looks to be really good too, if you can get them in the right position, but I don't think it's good leader material.  

The hammers have a short movement but pretty good attack range of 2", which will certainly help survivability.  The wardens have an insane movement speed and range, even if they have a low strength.  The archers are nice, and the dawn riders could be good provided you stay on the ground. I dunno how I feel about this, I guess I'd have to play them.

On 5/20/2020 at 9:28 PM, Maddpainting said:

Why so many leaders? lol

Yea, and the irony is that we in the lumineth thread want one more hero in the form of a mounted lord or loremaster. In one thread we want more heroes, in the other we have too many.

1 hour ago, Acid_Nine said:

Yea, and the irony is that we in the lumineth thread want one more hero in the form of a mounted lord or loremaster. In one thread we want more heroes, in the other we have too many.

I think its more "we have to many heroes, and we are missing a key hero that players want" Which makes it feel even worst IMO.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I had the chance to play my two very first Games of Warcry today.
As I only glued together the 10 Wardens from the Starter Box so far I used a fairly one sided group of fighters:

1 High Warden
9 Vanari Auralan Wardens
2 Vanari Auralan Sentinels (proxies)

They were great to learn the game and I am hooked on Warcry right now. :D
The 3 inch range is insane and allows for some really mean combos when your wardens are tight together. Or just moving up and poking once with your stick without actually engaging the enemy Model. The Wardens are also pretty surviveable I think.
I was playing against Untamed Beasts and against Spire Tyrants. While clearly underestimating the Untamed Beasts and their Rocktusk Prowlers I fared very well vs the Spire Tyrants. But I got very very lucky in rollling an insane amount of sixes when attacking with the wardens and dealing a lot of damage through critical hits. (4 damage for a critical hit just seems reeaaaly good!) From my limietd experience I would say that the Wardens seem to be too cheap (80 points) for what they can do! I had a group of 4 holding their own against a Bestigor, the Pit Champion and a Pit Fighter - only one Warden was almost killed but I retreated him. Alas it was some dumb luck for me rolling sixes, poor positioning by my opponent and support by the Sentinels - but the Sentinels didn't do much damage. However they are a good psychological weapon I assume :) Opponents will hesitate being in their line of fire and make mistakes only to be skewerd by Warden Pikes... :D But I guess when you field 9 Wardens it is bound to be a crazy game - they are very reliable.

Edited by Aloth_Corfiser
  • Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

What leader have people been having the most success with? I'm in the planning stages of a new war band, and I can't wrap my head around which of them are worth taking. I'm pretty much able to discount the Seneschal since it's so slow, but the others all see like much of the same... I'm leaning towards the Cathallar because of her triple, but is it a dud most of the time? Same with the Stonemage - could be a really nice finisher, but how often have people found that to be effective?