The Root Kings: A Living City Duardin Army

On 5/24/2020 at 8:17 AM, TheMadJester said:

World Shaper Lord Concept

Currently i'm trying to work out how I want to model my Tree Lord, I currently have 2 concepts in mind. 

First idea is a dwarvish version of the tree lord, rather than a tall slim ent like creature, it would be a mix of stone and plant built up around a dwarf. It could blend the classic dwarf golem concept and sylvaneth look. Inspiration below.

Earth Golem Card Art by Sk8trnik | Fantasy monster, Creature art ...

The 2nd idea would be more of a summoned nature spirit made of stone and plants, floating above a druidic dwarf. this would be a bit more difficult to sculpt but I could make use of techniques used to make the Stone Shapers. Inspiration below.

ArtStation - earth elemental, Ilya Abdrakhimov | Concept art ...

What do you lot think? Any other ideas of how I could do it?

You did a great job with those great stone shapers, perhaps you could have the stone coming out of the ground and forming the body of it, maybe have head joined in the back so that it looks a little free floting fromt he front, and have the arms attached by several "tendril" things, like a thin tendril things attaching the sockets, its hard to explain. But attaching it using multiple of these individually weak points to give it more of an impression of free floating, with maybe even runesmiter positioned on top of it, gesturing with rocks coming from beneath it and supporting him.

• Thanks 1

Realm Shaper Lord

No photo description available.No photo description available.No photo description available.No photo description available.No photo description available.Image may contain: shoes

He's finally done! This took much longer than I expected, needed to add so many little details and structure to make use that he didn't just wobble around and fall over. 

I'm dreading painting this thing, so many little details!  Luckily I've made it so the dwarf comes off the base so that should help a bit.

• Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 5

• 8 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...