Warhammer Age of Sigmar Soulbound is now LIVE!

We're delighted to announce that Warhammer Age of Sigmar: Soulbound, the first ever tabletop roleplaying game set in the world of Age of Sigmar, is now live!
You can pre-order the standard edition or stunning collector's edition through our shop here. You can also purchase an A1 print of the Great Parch map, created by renowned cartographer Jared Blando. As well as that, we have some awesome All Rolled Up dice trays, and we're doing an advance pre-order on the Gamemaster Screen so you can bundle everything together and save on shipping.

All the details can be found here.

If you pre-order the standard edition or the collector's edition, you will receive the PDF straight away! If you want to buy the PDF by itself, you can purchase it directly through our website or on DrivethruRPG.

Thanks folks. Excited to hear what everyone thinks and for all the adventure in the Mortal Realms!

• Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 4

1 hour ago, EccentricCircle said:

Brilliant news! I can't wait to have a read. I've put a request for a dedicated RPG section of the forum in the feedback section, so if everyone can lend their support to that, then that would be great. We're going to have lots of stuff to talk about once we start playing this!

I'd honestly place it in narrative. All those little divisions mean less traffic to the threads. They all kinda die off :( 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Kramer said:

I'd honestly place it in narrative. All those little divisions mean less traffic to the threads. They all kinda die off :( 

While I agree more traffic is good, I fundamentally disagree with lumping RPG stuff in with Narrative wargames. The dichotomy between Narrative, Matched and Open simply doesn't apply to RPGs.

If we don't have our own section, then people aren't going to know where to put threads, and they'll just end up in the general forum, or lost in other sections. Furthermore, people won't be encouraged to create threads about this topic. The RPG needs to be treated as the major new expansion to mortal realms gaming that it is. The best way to achieve that is with its own forum.

24 minutes ago, EccentricCircle said:

While I agree more traffic is good, I fundamentally disagree with lumping RPG stuff in with Narrative wargames. The dichotomy between Narrative, Matched and Open simply doesn't apply to RPGs.

If we don't have our own section, then people aren't going to know where to put threads, and they'll just end up in the general forum, or lost in other sections. Furthermore, people won't be encouraged to create threads about this topic. The RPG needs to be treated as the major new expansion to mortal realms gaming that it is. The best way to achieve that is with its own forum.

Shame that we can't test it though. My gut tells me you'll keep the conversation alive longer with more 'next unread topic' traffic than by putting it in a specific part on the forum. 

Got my collectors addition, and have been reading the PDF.

The lore is awesome, and one of my biggest questions has been answered reguarding aelven lifespans in the mortal Realms.

Also, for anyone interested in the upcoming Lumineth, the section of Hysh, is chock full of Lumineth lore!

This is exactly what I hopped it would be, I'm already setting up a webgame with my mates for next week, so excited.

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

23 minutes ago, Athrawes said:

Got my collectors addition, and have been reading the PDF.

The lore is awesome, and one of my biggest questions has been answered reguarding aelven lifespans in the mortal Realms.

Also, for anyone interested in the upcoming Lumineth, the section of Hysh, is chock full of Lumineth lore!

This is exactly what I hopped it would be, I'm already setting up a webgame with my mates for next week, so excited.

I am so glad it does ! Teclis pages too. (Some Sons Of Behemat references are in the book too !)

Also Free Guild are in as NPC ! (And ready to be adapted with the Archetype Custom Builder) There is also a Trade Pioneer Archetype with a GREAT artwork ! And speaking of which, awesome arts of the normal and surreal life in the Realms. 

@Emmetation - from a fluff and look point of view it's a master piece ! I'll read the rules section tonight. 

Edited by HorticulusTGA

So as a High elf Fanboy I've already tinkered with making a White Lion of Chrace including a companion

I humbly submit it to the masses to Critique and shred as needed (This is my first ever attempt at homebrewing something)

lion companion.png

White lion.png

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ravinsild said:

I've done went and Homebrewed up a Dark Elf Assassin. Hopefully it's pretty balanced. I tried to look at other Archetypes and choose about the most middling road. 

Both Archetypes look good. Thats what I love to see more off, there is a lot of potential for cool character concepts! 

I think White Lions definitely fit into the mortal realms. Maybe they are worshipers of Kurnoth?  Maybe they originally hail from Ghur? 

Another thing, I havent dived too deep into the rules yet so correct me if im wrong, but I think the Assassin carries a bit much equipment at the start? Thats a lot of no-essential equipment plus the 110 Drops of Aqua Ghyranis. 

• Like 1

Thanks @Gecktron

Thats what I love about the mortal realms, there's a bunch of choice to really make your guy unique!

I didn't really know how much Aqua to give the lion as his starting Kit is quite powerful so I was probably thinking in the region of 30.

For the assassin..I agree 110 might be much, but then again when creating stuff from scratch you get 200 Drops to buy equipment with, its possible the 110 is what is left over after everything given too you!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Gecktron said:

Both Archetypes look good. Thats what I love to see more off, there is a lot of potential for cool character concepts! 

I think White Lions definitely fit into the mortal realms. Maybe they are worshipers of Kurnoth?  Maybe they originally hail from Ghur? 

Another thing, I havent dived too deep into the rules yet so correct me if im wrong, but I think the Assassin carries a bit much equipment at the start? Thats a lot of no-essential equipment plus the 110 Drops of Aqua Ghyranis. 

Based on checking against other Archetypes it’s actually well within reason. The Sigmar Warpriests value is like 719 Iirc and the Witch Aelf, Darkling Coven Sorceress is around 610ish and so is the Black Ark Corsair etc 

Light Armor is 120 Drops

2 Daggers is 40 Drops

Acid Bottle is 55 Drops

Cloak is 6 Drops

Disguise Kit is 85 Drops

Lockpicks is 25 Drops

Three Vials of Basic Poison is 165 Drops

thats a total of 496 + 110 Drops is 606 which is right around the same total Drops of at least the first 7 Archetypes I checked. 

Edited by Ravinsild

1 minute ago, Ravinsild said:

Based on checking against other Archetypes it’s actually well within reason. The Sigmar Warpriests value is like 719 Iirc and the Witch Aelf, Darkling Coven Sorceress is around 610ish and so is the Black Ark Corsair etc 

Ah, okay. I just compared it to the Scourge Privateer Corsair. They start with only 45 Drops. But it looks like they are the exception as the other Archetypes before and after start with well over a hundred. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gecktron said:

Ah, okay. I just compared it to the Scourge Privateer Corsair. They start with only 45 Drops. But it looks like they are the exception as the other Archetypes before and after start with well over a hundred. 

Well and their Equipment is massive. Swords are 150 Drops and they either get 2 or a Sword and Repeater Hand Crossbow which is 60. They get Medium Armor which is 200 Drops. Sea-Dragon Cloak is 260. A full wet skin is 25 Drops. So in total that’s 830 for the two Sword set up and 740 for the Repeater/Sword set up including the 45 drops. 

On 5/8/2020 at 11:43 PM, Arentius said:

Thanks @Gecktron

Thats what I love about the mortal realms, there's a bunch of choice to really make your guy unique!

I didn't really know how much Aqua to give the lion as his starting Kit is quite powerful so I was probably thinking in the region of 30.

For the assassin..I agree 110 might be much, but then again when creating stuff from scratch you get 200 Drops to buy equipment with, its possible the 110 is what is left over after everything given too you!

They were actually pretty active in the Mortal Realms but were called Lion Rangers.

https://ageofsigmar.lexicanum.com/wiki/Lion_Rangers

"Hammerhal and other stories" & "Red Hour" both focus on Lion Ranger protags so would be worth a read (besides being excellent novellas). You get to see how they perform dangerous scout missions for the free cities in the more eldritch and unstable parts of the realms and even do stuff like use a drug called  Saavalas which is a stimulant to keep the wounded moving as they can't afford to be slowed down behind enemy lines or in lands of wild magic.

You could add something like that to your sheet as well as benefits of Lion Rangers being favored by free cities for their hard work at keeping them safe.

Also big bravo to Cubicle7 for such an amazing release! The art, lore and limited edition has me overwhelmed. :D

I especially appreciate this awesome Khorne and Bloodbound piece.

max-fitzgerald-khornegodbig.jpg?15892879

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/zAbEGQ

Edited by Baron Klatz
  • Like 3

Already mentioned in the other rpg thread but the news is so good it's worth mentioning twice. Big updates and campaigns inbound for the mortal realms!  :D

https://www.cubicle7games.com/age-of-sigmar-soulbound-upcoming-releases/

AoS_SS_Cover_Mock-Up-1-756x1024.jpg

And on a pleading note to Emmetation and the devs, please ask for some suggestions from Josh Reynolds. He's drip fed so many awesome ideas for the mortal realms over the years that he's prime material to expand things on.

Examples:

"Are there mortal cities in Shyish? What would they look like?
Randolph Carter
Yes, a good many. And, as with most of the realms, the cities are diverse in appearance and nature, depending on their location. Some are shrouded mortuary cities, ruled by undying aristocracies of vampires or Deathrattle families, while others are mercantile-fiefdoms, ruled by elected councils. There are theocratic city-states, controlled by organised priesthoods who worship Nagash-Morr, and nomadic wagon-cities which trundle eternally across the vast swathes of desert that mark much of Shyish. There are the iceberg-citadels of the Great Chill Sea, and the hive-like Deep Towns, carved into the mountains of the far south. "

"What benevolent creatures exist in the mortal realm?(besides sigmar and the gods of order)

Well...you know some of them from the Stormcast battletome. But there are others (fyi, I'm just making these up for laughs). The aforementioned Old Gardeners, who seed parts of Ghyran with new forests. Or the Grand Grumble of Gorg - a loose conclave of wandering gargant warriors, dedicated to the memory of Old King Gorg and his hundred grumble alliance with the little 'uns. There're also the Char-Riders, a mysterious band of elemental beings who haunt the magmatic shores of Aqshy, hunting the servants of Chaos, and the Wulvers - a pack of primordial wolf-like beings who rule the high crags of Ghur. There are others, obviously. But those are the ones I can think of."

Regardless,  glorious work and eagerly awaiting for more. :)

16 hours ago, Baron Klatz said:

And on a pleading note to Emmetation and the devs, please ask for some suggestions from Josh Reynolds. He's drip fed so many awesome ideas for the mortal realms over the years that he's prime material to expand things on.

He doesn't work for GW anymore.

• Sad 1

I know, sadly. (Seems as unfortunate theme this year of awesome franchises losing their best. Wish him, Duncan and others like them all the best though!)

However that doesn't nullify just asking advice and getting inspirations from him and his amazingly creative mind to go with the great stuff Cubicle7 and GW are cooking up. :)