Warhammer Age of Sigmar Soulbound is now LIVE!

Here's an adventure to get you started:

https://www.reddit.com/r/AgeOfSigmarRPG/comments/gq66m9/adventure_fetid_fields_and_foul_yields_available/

"Crops on the field grow foul, grain on the field becomes black and inedible and fruit on the trees withers away before it gets ripe. The citizens of the city are afraid of a looming famine. The Soulbound have been sent out to investigate if it’s the Plague Lord’s doing and must stop the threat."

Aimed for a beginner group of 4 characters and written as an easy introduction to the setting and Soulbound rules with Novice GMs in mind. This is unofficial Fan Content using the “Warhammer Age of Sigmar Roleplay: Soulbound” System created by Cubicle 7.

The adventure features:

• Adventure format in "Convention style" formating including read aloud passages

• Recommended Short-term goals for starting players

• Tipps how to scale all encounter making them harder or easier

• Page references for rules terms

• Maps as extra download files

• Custom creatures in the Appendix

• New magic items"

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Cubicle7 posted a really cool blog on insights to their creative processes and ideas.

107947815_2964625460272867_3899953944555

https://www.cubicle7games.com/warhammer-age-of-sigmar-soulbound-crafting-adventures/

"....

Tick Tock, Tick Tock!

Nothing adds to a sense of urgency and agency to an adventure like a ticking clock. 

There are only three days until the horde of Bloodreavers reaches the isolated outpost. The ritual to open the Skaven gnawhole and flood the city with ratmen will be complete in six hours. The Ossiarch Bonereapers will return in one month to claim their grizzly tithe. The civilian’s only means of escape from the servants of Chaos is across a massive plain which floods every wet season, and rain clouds are brewing. If the Aspirian artefact isn’t returned in one week, the entire Floating City of Bataar will fall from the sky…

The Mortal Realms are living, breathing worlds which continue on with or without the actions of the Binding. Use this to your advantage to generate near-infinite drama and meaningful choices. Offer players meaningful choices to effect this timeline, like risky shortcuts to save time or expensive detours to rally aid. ..."

https://www.cubicle7games.com/artist-rune-flynn-talks-art-and-inspiration/

AoS_Marketing_Trade-Pioneer-Runes-Blog-7

"...

The Trade Pioneer in Warhammer Age of Sigmar: Soulbound (shown above) is a good example of my design philosophy. There are so many little objects and details on him, and each one of them has its own little lore tab in my head. How he got them, why he keeps them, and, of course, his Mustori has a name (Ink) and his own origin story. A notable example being that the Trade Pioneer has not one, but four methods of telling time and/or identifying his direction on his person. The vials of Aqua Gyranis are posted on his shoulder for easy reach. Not just because of their value as currency, but because of their capacity to heal others. 

I have synesthesia, so music informs a lot of my colour choices. I often trawl through music when I’m working on a new concept, or need help deciding what colours to run with. The Trade Pioneer (and a few others) even have their own unofficial playlists.

..."

• LOVE IT! 1

• 2 months later...

First a reiteration that the art is phenomenal.

119472297_3146613688740709_8532519064062

But was posting to parrot Cubicle7 showing a review and then a youtube vid by our boi. :D

http://polaroidsandpolarbears.co.uk/tabletop-gaming/game-reviews/review-age-of-sigmar-soulbound/

"AoS is also a lot more inclusive than most fantasy worlds, and I appreciate that fact. Really it’s just an approachable game with an approachable setting.

And now it’s got an approachable RPG. A great one."

Rules overview vid:

Edited by Baron Klatz
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

Been meaning to bump this. Some great articles people missed out on:

https://www.cubicle7games.com/aos-soulbound-encounter-design/

"Greetings once more, mortals and monsters! I’m Elaine, one of the staff writers at Cubicle 7. I am here today to talk to you all once more about the dark arts of crafting encounters for Warhammer Age of Sigmar: Soulbound

In my previous article, I painted some broad strokes about the themes and tone of Soulbound adventures and how you can make them feel uniquely Soulbound.

But with this article I wanted to give you all a special treat, or three treats to be more precise! Below are two separate combat encounters made specifically to show some of the versatility of the Warhammer Age of Sigmar: Soulbound system. Next week we’ll have the third (and biggest!) encounter, so be sure to check back."

https://www.cubicle7games.com/aos-soulbound-encounter-design-part-2/

"The Mountain That Walks.

The time has come. The ritual is complete. The mountain of corrupted living metal has uprooted itself from the horizon and begun to stomp towards the city under the control of Chaos. There is no time to mount an offensive. Only you can stop the Mountain That Walks.’ 

Fighting atop the Mountain That Walks provides a number of challenges.

Every second round of combat, all characters standing or climbing on the Mountain must make a DN 4:1 Body (Reflexes) Test or fall Prone as the ground beneath their feet quakes and lurches with the Mountain’s unnatural movement. 

After four rounds of combat, the Mountain That Walks reaches the city and breaches the walls with ease. Every round after this, the Mountain destroys 2d6 buildings and the Doom track increases by 1, as countless lives are lost beneath the Mountain’s uncaring feet. If the Doom track reaches 10, the city is completely leveled.

(Design Note: The environment here is a character itself, so we want regular reminders to the players that it isn’t just another mountain they are fighting atop. We also add a nice big ticking clock to this final encounter by giving the party a bird’s eye view of the destruction.)

The Mountain That Walks will only cease its destructive rampage when three ritual sites are destroyed or cleansed. Each site is ten Zones away from each other site. The party will need to split up and prioritise the different sites if they are to prevent the entire city from being destroyed. "

Finally, really cool fan commission for someone's Soulbound battle between the new Lumineth classes and the shadowy melusai agents of Ulgu.

https://mobile.twitter.com/M_M_MK2/status/1343610567542657032

" Michael

@M_M_MK2

Replying to
Y’all already made me write a campaign and comission an image of the antagonist, and I don’t even have a group yet. Hope there’s more amazing stuff coming. (Art by @ feyspeaker )"
EqV2r9OXIAAbDQs?format=jpg&name=medium

Edited by Baron Klatz
  • Like 5

• 5 months later...

Bump because I feel this thread is better for content creator focus.

The incredible artist for the Soulbound Steel and Steam supplement posted some of his amazing work in it :D:

Also shout-out to Realm of Plastic's Fortress name generator. They made it for AoS3's new Path to Glory but it'd work well for Soulbound adventurers looking to name a keep or refuge they claimed in the realms.

https://www.realmofplastic.com/warhammer/age-of-sigmar-3rd-edition-stronghold-name-generator

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 3

• 3 months later...

Bump in the night at all Hallow's eve. xD

Wanted to share some great links Cubicle7 recently put out for our Hopepunk setting(loved that moniker a reviewer gave Soulbound).

Awesome recap! :

https://www.cubicle7games.com/age-of-sigmar-soulbound-line-recap/

AoS-GM-Screen-print-pic-copy-768x545.jpg

"This is one of the best RPG releases of 2011-2020. Easily.’

RPG.net"

Their Dark Rituals commentary sets the holiday mood too!

https://www.cubicle7games.com/soulbound-dark-rituals/

"

A Different Way to Play

‘O Great Nagash! Undying King above all! I beseech you! Grant me the power to raise my army! In your name! By your will! The Dawnbringers shall fall!’

Sabbeta Seagrave, Soulbound Necromancer

It’s safe to say that playing as a Champion of Death is a very different experience from playing as a Champion of Order. After all, it’s not every day that you step into the ossified feet of a flying 12-ft tall skeletal harbinger of death, powered by dead wizards’ skulls trapped within your ribcage. 

But there is more to being a Champion of Death than simply looking the part, and being a horrible undead monstrosity — you have to act the part as well. That’s where Dark Rituals come in. "

Finally if you missed on on free rpg day for Reap and Sow don't forget it'll be up as a PDF in a month or two. :)

https://www.cubicle7games.com/free-rpg-day-soulbound-adventure/

WHAoS-SB-RaS-Insta-1080x1080-1-768x768.j

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/2/2021 at 6:36 AM, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I have been interested in getting into Soulbound for a bit, but I am not sure I want to spend the money on a rule book yet.

Is there a quick starter or free trial pdf or something? Or a wiki? I have been looking around, but I have not managed  to find anything.

Oh hey! Sorry for the late response! Day after you posted my old phone I use for this site went on the fritz and I had to get everything started on a new one(this forum is mean if you forget your old password 😢 ).

Anyway yeah, check out Crash and Burn plus some links to other places you can browse for starter info.

https://www.cubicle7games.com/product/warhammer-age-of-sigmar-soulbound-crash-burn/

https://ageofminiatures.com/soulbound-rpg-review/

Edited by Baron Klatz
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Had a game of Soulbound on Thursday with some folks at my club, a mix of RPG experience and no experience. We are part way through an adventure set in Brightspear.  We had fun and plan to finish the adventure on 16th

I am no expert on RPG rules, but it seemed very fluid and straight forward. We did not have to look in the rule book once. That seems good

My group all play 40k and no AoS but after all seemed interested in the setting and one guy said he may build an army.

• Like 4

Reap and Sow is now up as a Free PDF. Excellent for another beginner venture into the Mortal Realms.

and probably a lesser note (I missed out on saying Cyber Monday yesterday had the corebook off by 66% :X) but they got

Updated the files on Artifacts of Power. Don’t miss out if you want crank the mortal realms magic up to 12!

• 4 weeks later...

Cubicle7 made an article that goes more into the crazy things you can do with the new book:

https://www.cubicle7games.com/soulbound-lost-artefacts-of-c7/

“LOST ARTEFACTS

These are called Lost Artefacts. By simply rolling on a series of branching tables, you can generate one of some 30,000+ artefacts in a matter of minutes. These come in all manner of forms, with incredible and strange powers, origins, and eccentricities. Once you have the mechanical part of your Lost Artefact, all you need to do is give it some history and drop it into your world for your players to find.

We love Lost Artefacts so much that we thought we would round up some of the writers on Artefacts of Power and get them to randomly generate a Lost Artefact for themselves, and come up with a story for them to share as an example of what finished Lost Artefacts look like”

Also a big congrats to Cubicle7 and Soulbound for making it to Drivethrurpg’s Top 20 best-sellers list this year and high places on the list at that! :D 

Finally, looks like Cubicle7 may be coming up with a Champions of Chaos book to round out the 4 Grand Alliances of AoS.

https://www.wargamer.com/warhammer-age-of-sigmar-soulbound/champions-of-chaos-release

image.jpeg.841f01cad3fa63d51ed3da7d581d6f4e.jpeg

Edited by Baron Klatz
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know whether print copies of Champions of Death are shipping yet? I ordered it and the order book togeyher. Champs of order shipped right away, but haven't received death yet, so I'm wondering whether it is still on pre order. I'm planning to email them, but figured I'd see if anyone else has the book in their hands yet before I get too worried.

On 2/11/2022 at 12:48 AM, EccentricCircle said:

Does anyone know whether print copies of Champions of Death are shipping yet? I ordered it and the order book togeyher. Champs of order shipped right away, but haven't received death yet, so I'm wondering whether it is still on pre order. I'm planning to email them, but figured I'd see if anyone else has the book in their hands yet before I get too worried.

Asked on a AoS discord about it:

”Their February production update from a week or two ago said champions of death has only just started shipping”

So a bit longer wait before you can unleash Nagash’s Soulbound “heroes”. ;)

51 minutes ago, Baron Klatz said:

Asked on a AoS discord about it:

”Their February production update from a week or two ago said champions of death has only just started shipping”

So a bit longer wait before you can unleash Nagash’s Soulbound “heroes”. ;)

Awesome. That's good to know! Looking forward to this one. Its nice that they aren't just focusing on the traditional "heroes", but are going to make the game playable by any faction. That's very true to the wargame.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Two Heads Ups, 

1 is that Cubicle7 has hinted that we should be seeing the cover of the new Era of the Beast supplement soon and it’s new archetypes(like Stormcast Knight-Vexillor and DoK Melusai)

2 is that the Soulbound Sale ends tomorrow so better hurry if you’re gonna!

Do it for them 😿:

Edited by Baron Klatz
  • Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

• 1 month later...

Cubicle7 released some info on how the a draconith archetype will play plus an update on Champions of Destruction:

https://cubicle7games.com/soulbound-so-you-want-to-play-a-dragon/

Soulbound: So You Want to Play a Dragon?

Why Join a Binding?

Draconiths have emerged into a world far different from the one their ancestors left behind. Their civilisation is in ruins, their culture tattered and scattered across the realms. They find themselves filled with wanderlust, seeking remnants of their shared heritage and those they can learn from, in the hope of building a brighter future for their species.

They also love heroics! If they encounter suitably heroic individuals, they will often shadow them, watching their mighty deeds from afar for weeks or even months. They are particularly impressed by martial and magical might, and bombastic displays of power against the enemies of Order. 

This often leads them to approaching individual Stormcast Eternals and making pacts to accompany them on their journeys, forming a new Knight Draconis in the process. 

But the Stormcast don’t hold a monopoly on heroism, you’d be hard pressed to find more heroic individuals in the Mortal Realms than those of the Soulbound order.

Just like the Knights Draconis, reports have begun to circulate of Draconith approaching Soulbound parties after witnessing their great deeds in protecting the realms. While they cannot become Soulbound themselves, by accompanying a Binding, a Draconith can learn from a vibrant collection of heroes. In addition, the Soulbound travel far and wide, which facilitates the Draconith wanderlust and personal search for the ruins and artefacts of their fallen civilisation. 

Meanwhile, the Binding gains a large and very powerful ally! Provided they remain the heroes that the Draconith believes them to be.

While Draconith can join a Binding for a long period of time, their nature also makes them perfect characters for guest players or those who can’t play as regularly as the rest of a group, as they swoop down from the sky at the perfect moment, or vanish across the horizon to sate their wanderlust.”

It’s Not Easy Being a Dragon… And 15ft Tall.

Being a Draconith comes with all manner of benefits: Ferocious teeth and claws, elemental breath, impressive wingspan, and scales that can turn aside mundane blades and even spells with ease! But there’s no denying that the world of mortals wasn’t quite built with Draconiths in mind.

First off, people in the Cities of Sigmar tend to associate giant flying creatures of tooth and claw as monstrous beasts straight from the heartlands of Ghur, one swipe away from gobbling them up. Unfortunately, Draconiths are still so rare and new to the Mortal Realms that people haven’t gotten over this gut reaction, so you may encounter your fair share of surprised (and terrified) reactions down your local marketplace. To this end, some Draconiths have taken to wearing ceremonial armour and attire, or branding themselves with marks of Sigmar in an attempt to ease the fears of the populace, after all, if a beast wears a shining breastplate emblazoned with the symbol of your home city, you may be at least a tiny bit less likely to run screaming to the guards when you see it. 

In addition, while the architecture of the Cities of Sigmar is often grandiose in scale, to accompany Stormcast Eternals and the likes, there are many places where a Draconith simply can’t fit through the front door. While some seek arcane methods of circumventing this limitation, not all Draconiths can wield the arcane arts. Sometimes you simply need to come to terms with the idea that you can’t follow you tiny companions into every hole they crawl, and must busy yourself with other tasks more befitting a creature of your size. 

But at least it’s all worth it for the learning opportunities! As a Draconith, you will in all likelihood have had one of two upbringings: a life of hiding and hunting in the wilds, far from the eyes of civilisation, or a sheltered upbringing amid the inscrutable Seraphon on one of their temple ships. As such, Draconiths have almost zero knowledge of mortal culture and trappings when they first take flight. This means that your starting skills are pretty much restricted to being a big, strong, manifestation of draconic might, with possibly a dash of spellcasting on the side if you were lucky enough to learn a thing or two from a friendly Skink Starpriest. This makes everything you encounter, from Kharadron Endrinworks to basic utensils, exciting and new!”

• Thanks 1

I always hate a good Cubic 7 thread!

They put out some amazing art work and their attention to detail in their stuff is fantastic. These threads always makes me want to buy their books, but I just can't do it as it feels a waste as I'd never play an RPG. (I did buy one of the WFRP books and some of their WFB maps and the quality was amazing but the cost of them is high for not having an interest in the core of the book)

Sometimes I wish they were in charge of putting out more books on the miniatures side of the universe as well.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, RexHavoc said:

They put out some amazing art work and their attention to detail in their stuff is fantastic. These threads always makes me want to buy their books, but I just can't do it as it feels a waste as I'd never play an RPG

I don't know if it will help, but I don't play RPG and I collect Soulbound. Soulbound books are awesome, full packed with world-building and information, and that's exactly waht AoS needs.

Soulbound helped me in having some type of apretiation to the AoS Lore, because otherwise, I would be just bored. I don't like myths-like stories of Gods doing Godly things, unless they are driven by grounded people. And let's be honest, that's not the case for most of the AoS mains story unless you are in to Soulbound. AoS's gameplay doesn't help too because there are a lot of named and interesting characters in the backgrounds but we only have a few minitaures and most of them are 500+ points characters that can remove entire units with a swing, and that gets old faster and doesn't have that "cinematic" view that you look for in a wargame.