An Overly Ambitious Hello

Lumi Jo

I've been on the fringes of GW games for a long, long time now. A failed attempt into Fantasy with 2 different armies in middle school, a longtime interest in WHFB's setting, a love-hate relationship with the Grim Darkness™ of the far future, and now onboarding into Age of Sigmar through some old friends and our escalation league. I've been designated the de-facto chronicler of everyone's games, and later on responsible for the narrative campaigns that will hopefully unfold as we go from our 500 to 2000 point journeys. I have an old, unassembled box of Island of Blood, some square bases, a lot of old elf bits, a cursory understanding of the game, and eyes for everything Phoenicium and Phoenix Temple.

With all that hard work ahead of me, I figured I had to start somewhere, and this forum came across my desk more than a couple of times. I look forward to figuring things out here.

• Like 4

Welcome to AOS!  Sounds like you prefer the Aelven side to the box, rather than the Skaven.  I would just add that the Lumineth Realm-Lords are the AOS successors to the old High Aelves, so you may be able to incorporate them into the Lumineth once it is released, sadly delayed due to lockdown. Phoenicium is heavily linked lore-wise with Hysh. so they may have some inclusion with Lumineth ( even if it's just as allies ).  Otherwise Cities is your best option at the moment for using the old High Elf models.

Thanks very much for the welcome. I'll most certainly check out the Cities of Sigmar forums for build options. I also want to look into how to set up narrative campaigns, because the General's Handbook looks out of date and I've never really been a part of such a thing before and really want to see how they play out/structure them, so that I can get one going in my play group.

6 hours ago, Aelfric said:

Welcome to AOS!  Sounds like you prefer the Aelven side to the box, rather than the Skaven.  I would just add that the Lumineth Realm-Lords are the AOS successors to the old High Aelves, so you may be able to incorporate them into the Lumineth once it is released, sadly delayed due to lockdown. Phoenicium is heavily linked lore-wise with Hysh. so they may have some inclusion with Lumineth ( even if it's just as allies ).  Otherwise Cities is your best option at the moment for using the old High Elf models.

I should have probably specified that's the only side of the box that I have. Even if I did, our local Skaven player be the one taking it off my hands. The Lumineth never really grabbed me the way I thought they really should have. I was always a fan of slightly more grounded armies, and short of them getting rules to bring in Phoenix Temple units I'm not particularly interested. I might take some of their units if they're allowed as allies, or play around with them, but I'd much rather have the options available to me in CoS to play as either Living City (because I also enjoy Dryads and Treelords) or spamming Phoenix Guard and Sisters/Shadow Warriors.  Unless Lumineth have a subfaction dedicated expressly towards that, I'll probably just steal Eltharion once in a while.

• Like 1