The Painting Contract - May 2020

Kramer

6 minutes ago, ThalmorRepresentative said:

@Stuffe: I see you getting better with your painting :).

Good work on those fyreslayers!

If I can't win a good model at least I can get a greatly improved amirite?😜

On ‎5‎/‎2‎/‎2020 at 6:38 AM, ThalmorRepresentative said:

@Stuffe: I see you getting better with your painting :).

Good work on those fyreslayers!

@Sttufe, fully agree with the Thalmor, what blue do you use for the beards?, really like the vibrant, but still kinda muted tone, it gives nice effect on the beards with the contrasting dark skins. May want to try this as well, maybe on a gargant even.

10 hours ago, Lowki said:

@Sttufe, fully agree with the Thalmor, what blue do you use for the beards?, really like the vibrant, but still kinda muted tone, it gives nice effect on the beards with the contrasting dark skins. May want to try this as well, maybe on a gargant even.

Thanks, the beards was Heather Blue from reaper with a light Nuln shading. I hate shading too much so I keep it to a minimum usually.

4 hours ago, Artobans Ghost said:

Another batch of Duardin. I will have these old warriors stand in for long beards. 
Still waiting for the never arriving bases, evocators , trolls for another game system etc, etc. 

img_0378.jpg

I yesterday decided to point those models (have about 20 warriors and 20 thunderers) and just get some guard and handgunners and just mix them in for some freeguild. 
your paintjob definitely helps get excited about that 💪

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, valenswift said:

94977127_548580339368089_5096821382172377088_n.jpg

Nice. I guess you should try to smooth a litle grass transition on the table, but definitively looks great!

I especially love how temple sit perfectly well in the midle of the hill.

Now, due to you I 'm now considering buying the enduring stormvault for my table too!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RedMax said:

Nice. I guess you should try to smooth a litle grass transition on the table, but definitively looks great!

I especially love how temple sit perfectly well in the midle of the hill.

Now, due to you I 'm now considering buying the enduring stormvault for my table too!

Yeah the ‘bumpy’ grass is due to me buying some cheap s*** flock from eBay and because of lockdown sort of had to work with what I had. I’ve managed to since get some more and started to apply patches of the better stuff to smooth it out. Luckily the bumps do pull off and leave it smoother underneath, it’s just going to be long process removing them all :D

Somehow I have been fast this month. 
But for sure I won‘t stop painting. Next goal is now a test clanrat as preparation for the horde of ratman jet to come. 
And now, here is my ambitious warlord, ready to conquer the realms. 😊

I hope, you like him. 

1C18FB05-1C6E-42FB-AF21-8D6D718FA65B.jpeg

• Like 6
  • LOVE IT! 4

6 hours ago, torsten7048 said:

Somehow I have been fast this month. 
But for sure I won‘t stop painting. Next goal is now a test clanrat as preparation for the horde of ratman jet to come. 
And now, here is my ambitious warlord, ready to conquer the realms. 😊

I hope, you like him. 

1C18FB05-1C6E-42FB-AF21-8D6D718FA65B.jpeg

Well done! That a great and fierce looking rat. 

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Mutant Modifier said:

Hi there!

I'm new to the forum, and just noticed this Contract thread. Seems super nice and inspiring already! I'll be trying to finish some Skaven, at least the following folks:

DSC_0664.JPG

DSC_0666.JPG

DSC_0667.JPG

Those are some badass rats right there. 

• Like 1