The Painting Contract - May 2020

Kramer

Hello folks and welcome to the Painting Contract for May 2020!

If you don't know the rules they are:

Each month you post an amount of models that you agree to try to paint/build/convert/sculpt. This can be terrain or models for Age Of Sigmar, Warcry, Blood Bowl, Blitz Bowl, Warhammer Underworlds, Warhammer Quest Silver Tower / Shadows Over Hammerhal, or Gorechosen.

On the 28th of the month the contract closes and you can then post your progress images so that they can be critiqued, shared and boasted about. It is a great way to get involved in the community and to get inspiration.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone share their progress!

Enjoy!

On Behalf of: @Mohojoe  &  @TheOtherJosh 
(posted by @Kramer )

• Thanks 2

My first pledge will be to join in the painting competition. 

Secondly figure out and finish the bright colour scheme on a atherwjng. 

lastly do the basing for a couple of models so they can go in storage.

stretch/distraction pile; I want to clear my half painted/primed stash of ogors: tyrant, overtyrant, two ironblasters and a stonehorn/thundertusk. 

Going to add my castigators, I have evocators ordered but the haven’t shown up, another 5 liberators- not arrived- this is dependent on buying corax whites spray - GW said today they will start reopening soon. 
mid this doesn’t happen, my Duardin group and Fort Stanley which I started and now have zero time at least this week. 
I would like to get the last of my Boingrot Bounders built as well. 
That’s the plan and hopefully not a lot of tangents like last month. 

• Like 1

I will finish the loonshrine this week (165 mushrooms sheesh!)

For the rest of the month I will be painting the spider shrine for the araknarok, and also the grots.

That’s all, as I will be doing some star wars legion minis in addition to aos.

Optional goal: paint 5 spider riders

• Like 1

18 hours ago, flemingmma said:

The usual, at least one model

I think I may have to mirror his pledge, maybe try for finishing 5 of my Berzerkers. Anything else is extra.

Edit: I am going to shoot high, haven't failed a pledge yet!

Finish the last 5 Berzerkers

Finish 1 Runesmiter Done

Finish 1 Runeson

Stretch: Finish Runefather on Magmadroth.

Edited by Sttufe
  • Like 2

Alright well I'm out of leadbelcher (obviously GW is reopening but not shipping to the US yet, grrrrrrr) so I guess I'll focus on flaming demons this month (which is a shame considering my skullcrushers just arrived in the mail), because they don't need metal swords. I pledge to complete my remaining 17 Bloodletters. If GW opens up shipping to the US, I'll be able to restock in which case I'll paint 1 or both of my Slaughterpriests and re do my Bloodsecrator (Turns out I went a little overboard on the drybrushing when I first painted him).  My army of unpainted mini's is pretty large (950 ish points plus a skull altar) but there's never been a better time in the history of the world to have so much painting to do so...

My final pledge looks like this:

17 Bloodletters

If GW starts shipping to the US again:

1-2 Slaughterpriests

Redo the Bloodsecrator

Actually maybe finish those Vanguard Raptors I've been sitting on since January (look I just don't really like painting SCE and they're not even my models)

• Like 1

First time participating so here goes.

How many lashing for not finishing? 😄

Finish up 20 custom Gloom Grots. This has been an on again off again project for awhile now.

Finish 5 custom Hexwraiths. One is very close. Pretty proud of these so far. 

With any luck I'll finish and choose a stretch goal. 

Good luck to all. 🤜💥🤛 

20200428_215131.jpg

20200428_215217.jpg

20200428_074819.jpg

• Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 6

2 hours ago, Vasshpit said:

How many lashing for not finishing? 😄

One for each model missed but only if you have a willing partner. I’d do it of course but social distancing and all that ;) 

Edited by Kramer
  • Haha 4

My pledge for this month:

- Finish the Thorns of the Briar Queen, already did a good part of that so that gives me a good head start.

- Start with the Black Coach. I don't expect it to finish it, would be a shame to rush on this great model imo. But at least want to build it and maybe make a start painting it

- Paint one more mini. Not sure which one yet. Maybe one or both dreadblade harrows, but I  am also thinking of doing an ogre instead, like the new Tyrant or the firebelly. Undecided yet.

This month I'll be cautious, because I have bought Total War: Warhammer 2 and have to split the hobby time with that serious competitor.

I pledge to do the following bits of the Mortal Realms Collection:

• Thorns of the Briar Queen
  • Tomb Banshee
  • Knight-Questor
  • The banshees of the Mortis Engine (so it will be finished)

Optionally, I'll work a bit on my son's Treelord Ancient, or most probably I'll work on this diorama/terrain I've come up with, using the spare vampire ladies from the Mortis Engine and some OpenForge printed floors and walls (from the Dungeon Stairs set).

IMG_20200429_164358.jpg.7b2db7082b10b2ffed6648c517692edf.jpg

• Like 7

Ok, back again, let's make this a routine! 

My Cities is all over the place and I am honestly kind of stumped on where to go from here. I know WHAT I am doing,  just not what first... I do want to make sure I chip away at infantry, as I have...a lot of it, but will want to mix it up to keep from getting bored.

SO! I am gonna do:

10 Freeguild Guard (sword and shield) 
3 Demigryph Knights
1 Gyrocopter

For a stretch goal:

1 Warden King
10 Shadow Warriors

We'll see how well I do! 

• Like 2