only named heroes - command trait?

umbratica

Question

I am working on ... once for fun? ... lists hightlighting a single named hero each. Does the single hero in the list, named and general, (in my case Stormcast Eternals, Hammers of Sigmar such as Vandus Hammerhand or Astreia Solbright) get the Command Trait (in this case We cannot fail!), or does that army end up without a Command Trait at all (or what else that I am missing)? Speed reading through Core Rules and General's Handbook 2019 I did not find a rule to apply (pretty sure it is somewhere in there though).

3 answers to this question

The Corebook Faq has the answer.

Q: Some armies have ‘sub-factions’, like the Stormhosts in Battletome: Stormcast Eternals and the Enclaves in Battletome: Idoneth Deepkin. These often require a general to take a specif i c command trait. What happens if the general cannot have a command trait, if they are a named character, for example?

A: If the general cannot have a command trait, then nothing happens (they do not get to use the command trait from the sub-faction).

5 minutes ago, RocketPropelledGrenade said:

You can't give a named hero a command trait, even if there is no one else to give it to. Same with artefacts, for that matter.

That is what I think, but cannot find it. The wording would be interesting. It might turn out that such a list without any command trait isn't even allowed as "A HAMMERS OF SIGMAR general must have this command trait ".

Guess I'll have to add some random Knight-Something. I'll call him Felix and make him General...

Edited by umbratica