Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JPjr

A little collaborative AoS writing project...

Recommended Posts

I think it's time we start writing lore now that the idea of the city has been fleshed out a bit. Remember, anyone is welcome to write or submit ideas, this is NOT a closed group, and NO ONES* ideas will be excluded.

 

 

 

 

 

 

*Unless they have been agreed upon to be dumb by the majority.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I might write something but I think I’ll mostly do illustrations, it’s good practice for me!

I think it would be cool to make it a challenge with a specific format, like for instance write a 3000 words short story in the setting, something achievable.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Moldek said:

I might write something but I think I’ll mostly do illustrations, it’s good practice for me!

I think it would be cool to make it a challenge with a specific format, like for instance write a 3000 words short story in the setting, something achievable.

Yeah definitely, although I must say that your illustrations are amazing! Hmmmmm. I think @JPjr, being the most experienced writer, could make the short story contest thing. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sadly, I have to work again, and therefore I fear I won’t be able to write a ten-page short story in English (even though I’d REALLY love to write an Idoneth smuggler story 😢). But I look forward to read anything you guys come up with.

Honestly, Calderos is developing into the first place in the Realms where I could actually feel at home. 😊

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just got back from a three day vacation at my aunt's house, so sorry for the silence. So, about the Stormcast, what about a chamber of the Astral Templars called the Tridentcrests? Either a warrior or Vanguard chamber, and the Lord Celestant/Aquilor has Tridentcrest as their title/surname thing.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, AthelLoren said:

Just got back from a three day vacation at my aunt's house, so sorry for the silence. So, about the Stormcast, what about a chamber of the Astral Templars called the Tridentcrests? Either a warrior or Vanguard chamber, and the Lord Celestant/Aquilor has Tridentcrest as their title/surname thing.

I am relatively sure we decided on that exact thing. Sounds great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Hm, "Tridentcrests" seems incomplete to me, though I cannot put my finger on why. What if it were along the lines of "Tridentcrest Guard" or the like? 

Or it could just be me.

Edited by NinthMusketeer
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, NinthMusketeer said:

Hm, "Tridentcrests" seems incomplete to me, though I cannot put my finger on why. What if it were along the lines of "Tridentcrest Guard" or the like? 

Or it could just be me.

If they are astral Templars then that could be the name of their warrior chamber

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Gorthor21 said:

If they are astral Templars then that could be the name of their warrior chamber

Tridentcrest Astral Templars

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From what I understand warrior chambers tend get their name from their lord-celestant’s  war name which is a title all stormcast get after they prove themselves to Sigmar or whoever judges that.   It’s like an epitaph like being ‘the great’ or whatever.  Tridentcrest would need to be referring to some story about a thing the lord-celesta the did.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone written up anything?  I have been on a painting streak so I haven’t had time to devote to writing.  I really hope this thread isn’t 💀.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Gorthor21 said:

Has anyone written up anything?  I have been on a painting streak so I haven’t had time to devote to writing.  I really hope this thread isn’t 💀.

I thought the same thing. I say lets use the writing competition prompt and get some steam back. Write 1 () short story by next monday, of a modest length 1000 words+ written about anything you wish to focus on. Use the previous pages as inspiration and remember you have a quite wide creators license, a lot of the details are not quite solidified. Reward: The knowledge that everyone thinks you are the best writer here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you want to join just put in an aye or something similar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That sounds good to me.  1000 isn’t hard to get especially when you lay on the world building.  Look at A song of ice and fire,  most of those books are him laying the scene for a little bit of action.  I thought it was kind of humorous how much dialogue he put into the books but the show tried filling as much action as possible into the story.  
 

I say we set atleast a basic prompt like essays like it should be a conversational piece about fluffing out what we already have with more concrete details or an action piece that introduces the audience to the main cast of races/characters that are important for people to get a real feel for Calderos.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Gorthor21 said:

That sounds good to me.  1000 isn’t hard to get especially when you lay on the world building.  Look at A song of ice and fire,  most of those books are him laying the scene for a little bit of action.  I thought it was kind of humorous how much dialogue he put into the books but the show tried filling as much action as possible into the story.  
 

I say we set atleast a basic prompt like essays like it should be a conversational piece about fluffing out what we already have with more concrete details or an action piece that introduces the audience to the main cast of races/characters that are important for people to get a real feel for Calderos.

I agree, with maybe lets say for this one, describing the area/character that you will focus on. I know I am going to be focusing on a KO/LOA type of story, driven by AoS28 and probably continue Sally's story. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That sounds like a good starting off point.  I’m gonna brainstorm some ideas and write something.  Hopefully we can motivate others to join in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll join if I have time. Maybe capitalising on the Wine trade... Still the thought of FIsh-slapping drunken satyrs comes to mind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...