A little collaborative AoS writing project...

JPjr

Let’s say the Corsairs are involved in some secret trade: They take prisoners among the fishermen along the coast, and ship them to some small unnamed island, more a rock in the ocean. They leave them there, and in return, a hidden cave on the Island is regularly filled with the precious skins and bones of otherwise unknown deep-sea creatures. The Corsairs themselves believe they are part of a weird slave trade, and they keep the whole business a well guarded secret. They don’t know that they trade with a nomadic offshoot of the Dhom-Hain Idoneth, for whom this is the perfect way to gather souls without becoming involved themselves, by doing what they do best. If the business became known, the Corsairs would face serious repercussions, since slavery is forbidden; the Idoneth would go to great length to protect the trade, even starting a secret war against anyone who found out...

😁

Edited by Beastmaster
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Beastmaster said:

Let’s say the Corsairs are involved in some secret trade: They secretly take prisoners among the fishermen along the coast, and ship them to some small unnamed island, more a rock in the ocean. They leave them there, and in return, a secret cave on the Island is regularly filled with the precious skins and bones of otherwise unknown deep-sea creatures. The Corsairs themselves believe they are part of a weird slave trade, and they keep the whole business a well guarded secret. They don’t know that they trade with a nomadic offshoot of the Dhom-Hain Idoneth, for whom this is the perfect way to gather souls without becoming involved themselves. If the business became known, the Corsairs would face serious repercussions, since slavery is forbidden; the Idoneth would go to great length to protect the trade, even starting a secret war against anyone who found out...

😁

Oh~ I like that, maybe they can trade the deep sea bones to the Ossiarchs in exchange for nadirite blades and other precious gems.

25 minutes ago, Gorthor21 said:

i would love if sylvaneth were present.  I like the idea of the kurnothi protecting vineyards.  Maybe we could go full Greek and have little large scale farming with mostly pastoral tracts across the valley.  

I like that, each farm is family owned with a small family and is granted a small plot of land to farm. Could be a way to attract people, as I am sure the grapes would be quite a lucrative source of income. Maybe even having a rampant illegal drug manufacture thing which is hidden as the wine.

13 minutes ago, Beastmaster said:

Let’s say the Corsairs are involved in some secret trade: They take prisoners among the fishermen along the coast, and ship them to some small unnamed island, more a rock in the ocean. They leave them there, and in return, a hidden cave on the Island is regularly filled with the precious skins and bones of otherwise unknown deep-sea creatures. The Corsairs themselves believe they are part of a weird slave trade, and they keep the whole business a well guarded secret. They don’t know that they trade with a nomadic offshoot of the Dhom-Hain Idoneth, for whom this is the perfect way to gather souls without becoming involved themselves, by doing what they do best. If the business became known, the Corsairs would face serious repercussions, since slavery is forbidden; the Idoneth would go to great length to protect the trade, even starting a secret war against anyone who found out...

😁

And to add to it the SCE are well aware, but just don't care. The Idoneth don't take their souls so the SC just kinda leave them alone. I like the idea of a stormhost which is focused on protecting the structure of the city but not the people inside it.

Edited by Sttufe

lets go back to the cities enemies for a bit, cause honestly we're on a hot streak currently and the ideas are flowing. In regards to the bonereapers let's make them closely allied to the Nagashite faction in the city(no cemeteries, just a bone shrine). They know that the assault on The Varanspire ha drained them quite a bit and have decided to take a more diplomatic approach to rebuilding their armies. 

The city so far: Calderos

Realmgate: One passing overhead and one that leads to Shyish

Factions: The city itself, a stormhost (Trident something), the corsairs, Wild Rangers and Sylvaneth near the vineyards, KO atop the spires in the center of island, and Idoneth who are secretive and no one knows they are there, even the SCE. I think Khainites too.

Enemies: Grots and Skaven beneath the city, Ossiarchs in negations across the realmgate, Chaos Duardin flying around above the city, various things beyond the borders (mostly tzeentch), and cults within. Ogor dudes.

Of note: Godbeast below, massive skull, huge mountain in the center, and lots of fishing. Currency is scales and an important good is hallucinogenic wine. And the godbeast is being reincarnated.

I am going to update this constantly so please correct me on things.

Goals

Ossiarchs: Reanimating the bones. Bones, bones, bones.

Idoneth: Souls

Stormhost: Keep the city not dead

Normal people/Aelves/CoS: They're just fighting for a life

Kharadron: Money money money money money

Chaos Related factions: Chaos?

Sylvaneth: Sylvaneth things? Protecting the wild lands and farms I suppose.

Grots: Partying hard in the city below

Skaven: Skaven things?

Ogors: Delicious.

Edited by Sttufe
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

We could either have them ima hidden crypt complex underneath the city(something Nagash did as part of his go fund me page) or the city could be subjected to the tithe. 

I would like to do something about my Tzeentch cabal once I feel I have enough to write something.  Maybe from their perspective.

What are the goals of the factions? The Ossiarchs, I would think, ultimately want to revive the bones of the old beast by using the soul power of the new one. Since this would obviously destroy the city, this plan could even make the most criminal elements of the city join an alliance against them if found out. That’s why they go about it in such a subtle manner. What about the other factions?

7 minutes ago, Beastmaster said:

What are the goals of the factions? The Ossiarchs, I would think, ultimately want to revive the bones of the old beast by using the soul power of the new one. Since this would obviously destroy the city, this plan could even make the most criminal elements of the city join an alliance against them if found out. That’s why they go about it in such a subtle manner. What about the other factions?

Tzeentch wants the godbeast and Nagash wants the skeleton. I think the grots and skaven want to do their thing that they always do.

1 hour ago, Sttufe said:

The city so far: Unnamed

Realmgate: One passing overhead and one that leads to Shyish

Factions: The city itself, a stormhost (Trident something), the corsairs, Wild Rangers and Sylvaneth near the vineyards, KO atop the spires in the center of island, and Idoneth who are secretive and no one knows they are there, even the SCE. I think Khainites too.

Enemies: Grots and Skaven beneath the city, Ossiarchs in negations across the realmgate, Chaos Duardin flying around above the city, various things beyond the borders (mostly tzeentch), and cults within.

Of note: Godbeast below, massive skull, huge mountain in the center, and lots of fishing. Currency is scales and an important good is hallucinogenic wine. And the godbeast is being reincarnated.

I am going to update this constantly so please correct me on things.

I thought it was called Calderos, and don't forget ogors under enemies.

54 minutes ago, Beastmaster said:

I think the Ossiarchs reviving the bones would be awesome, maybe they turn it into a "living" city that they could move between the realms! Grots obviously would want to bring on the Badmoon, but until then they're just fine partying in the catacombs stealing the hallucinogen wine and mixing it with mushrooms(maybe running a few pirate runs for bottles).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kalebkhaine said:

I think it'd be cool if there was a... fleet isn't quite the word... but group of piratical bonesplitterz that are out on the cove hunting monsters that every once in a while will attack the port.

Ooh, like a raft town that kind of floats around, and whenever it comes in contact with shore there is a large raid where the local stormhost has to beat it back and get them to float away.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sttufe said:

Ooh, like a raft town that kind of floats around, and whenever it comes in contact with shore there is a large raid where the local stormhost has to beat it back and get them to float away.

Exactly! A flotilla? Whatever, the wording isn't important. 

The soul of a godbeast could also be very interesting for the Idoneth. Once they find out about it, they could try to flood the underground tunnels to get goblins and Skaven out of the way. Which leads to a secret war in the Undercity, of which none of the inhabitants is aware.

Idoneth vs Skaven in a flooding dungeon. I see a diorama. 😁

Edited by Beastmaster
  • Like 2

Oh, and to tie in my Ogor tribe (their story can be found here:) https://www.tga.community/forums/topic/25233-your-aos-armys-lore/

Somewhere in the Realms, they stumbled upon some imported barrels of hallucinogenic wine, which gave their giant oracle visions of a vividness which was unknown before. They finally found out that the wine stemmed from a city called Calderos. Needing large quantities to make the giant drunk, they decided to go right for the source. Now they hire themselves as mercenaries, paid in wine and food. If no one hires them, they plunder the vineyards together with the Orruk fleet. Because of those raids the kurnothi started building living fortresses around their vineyards. Another nice diorama. 😎

As a bonus, some Calderan  (or Calderosian?) slang:

A fishy merchant - a successful moneymaker

Paying the wine price: getting more than you asked for, in a negative sense

There‘s water underground: Goblin and Skaven Slang for „something‘s off“

Scaly! - Splendid! 

Edited by Beastmaster
  • Like 2

Catching the fish by its fins - a foolish or dangerous  endeavor, because of the metallic sharpness of the fins of many fish

Metal to catch metal - the right tool for the right job. Fishermen strengthen their nets with metal, so that the fish fins don’t cut them

Breaking the scales - get to the bottom of something, find a solution for a difficult problem. Many fish are notoriously hard to crack, with their metal scales

The Beast awakens/the Beast slumbers - Good morning/good night, mainly used by the rougher folk of Calderos

Edited by Beastmaster
  • Like 2

Like walking into the mouth of it: That idea is horrible and you will most likely die

Don't go poking the sewers: The equivalent of curiosity killed the cat

name for wine is something like Calderosian, simple and doesn't suggest anything about it. Probably too fool those who would not normally drink it, as I am sure this is highly addictive.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, NinthMusketeer said:

Vytalminde

I vote for this one.

I thought up a little bit of a story to expand on the the relations of the Duardin

Sally stared out her window mournfully, kept awake through the pitch-black night by the raging flames that lit the underbellies of the clouds above, and the thunder of artillery. It was impossible to sleep on nights like these, although normally the fires and booming were troubling other poor souls than her, as being relatively close to the heart of the city did provide at least a semblance of protection. It wasn’t much, but she would take what she could get. She looked towards the source, but could see nothing over the wall of short figures, stoically standing with their blue and silver suits backlit by the flames. A looming shape rose above them, attached to the ground by a seemingly too thin anchor. Damn stumpies she thought, always thinking they’re better than everyone else. She could see much from her shared room in the 3 story building, and young as she was, she had already accustomed to the grueling existence that was forced upon the citizens of Bone Town. Citizens, yeah right. As if they think were even a part of the city. Them and those ****** goldies. Soft snoring reached through the night’s racket, and once again she wondered how it was possible that one could sleep through the noise. At least I’m better off than those poor fishermen, disappearing every night. Her eyes focused back on the cordoned off area as she heard a shrieking whistle and a rhythmic rumbling, before a huge cannon cam into sight led by engines and ogors. Duardin with hats taller than her fumbled with delicate machinery, while huge brutes levered around cannons to focus on the frigate above the line. As all the Kharadron turned inwards and fired in a single brazen bellow, their strange counterparts were blasted off the cannon before it could fire at the frigate overhead. At this point she could already see more flying ships descending upon the strange contraption, and before long the cacophony of gunshots and yells had drifted farther away. As she slowly fell asleep she noticed something she hadn’t before, the fact that some of the ships seem to be, well, fighting? She could not understand it, as the stumpy were the only ones with ships. They fight just like everyone else, I suppose. Maybe they are no different than the rest of us in this dirt hole of a city. And finally, with that last thought to accompany her, she fell into the deepest sleep she has had in several weeks.

Edited by Sttufe
  • Like 5